04-28-07, 02:57 AM   #1
zathriel
An Aku'mai Servant
rogue talents

my very first toon was , is a night elf rogue.
my 41 mage is great but i have never given up on my rogue and really enjoy playing him.
i have decided to try and get both my mage and rogue upto lev70 by the end of the year , my rogue being 15 at present but i am undecided as to what talent tree would be the most effective for a rogue so if there is any advice to be given i would be greatful
04-28-07, 03:14 AM   #2
flaicher
A Cyclonian

i've always been rogue
i lvled as combat swords to 60 and respecced to combat daggers after i got a decent guild.
then.. combat fists 60-70. atm i got muti spec (41/20/0) and i simply love it.

i think combat swords (20/41/0) or muti is the best spec for lvling if you have decent wpns for the spec. but ABSOLUTELY NO subtlety spec if you want to lvl fast coz it's pure PvP spec and muti is better in pvp anyway
04-28-07, 04:53 AM   #3
NorgannonBônez
A Murloc Raider

Cool Multi is the way to go

I agree with the poster above me about multi specing.
i have 2 lvl 45rogues(1 alliance and 1 horde) and for both of them there spec is this http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=whecotZG0VbZh
its 21/12/3 the 3 in MoD is there cuz i like to solo alot, but when i get to the point where i dont want to/cant solo ill respec to this build at 70 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=whecox0oZGhVb0E00bGRZV

personaly i like to maximize my crit% and DPS output(but then again who doesnt right?) at lvl 45 my crit % on both my rogues is about 18% wich is pretty good for that lvl im told.

in my opinnion the 1st two tallents should go into improved sinister strike, u use that ability more than anything else imo.
then the next 5 in malice, u can never have too much +crit%
then after that its all a matter style, if u wanna be stealthy and go from behind, do a combination of assasination and sublety, if u wanna face the mob head on, go combat.

again its all a matter of playstyle, on my 1st rogue i respec to like 50G b4 i got to the 1 i liked lol, just try them out and go with whatever works best for u
04-28-07, 06:03 AM   #4
zathriel
An Aku'mai Servant
ty for the replies.
i will get both my mage and rogue upto 70 , both are fun and are poles apart which means no boredom.
i solo quite a bit with my mage and i do likewise with my rogue , though im much more aggressive with my stealthed bad boy
i will mix but i want max stealth , if just to avoid getting zapped by high levellers at present
05-01-07, 07:11 PM   #5
zathriel
An Aku'mai Servant
just passed my poison quest at lev21.
was pretty easy really.
pickpocketed the lev23 drone , stealthed up the tower , sapped the elite and unlocked the journal
my rogue is a night elf by the way
05-03-07, 05:41 AM   #6
zathriel
An Aku'mai Servant
i have got the first two basic poisons for my rogue to use and i am looking for the next batch of poison skills , i'm level23.
i was just wondering where you get them from , for an alliance rogue and what level is required by the player?
any help would be appreciated
05-03-07, 09:44 AM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Future poison types/ranks are trained at the rogue trainers.
05-03-07, 11:33 AM   #8
zathriel
An Aku'mai Servant
must be by level then , thank you
09-06-07, 05:07 AM   #9
zetro
A Defias Bandit
Talking haha..this is the best rogue sword spec and is best for lvling

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=whecox0oZGhVb0E00bGRZV

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » rogue talents