03-01-14, 08:30 PM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Upcoming Changes

The few bugs reported have been fixed for next release (/way in icecrown, the playername issue, ptBR translations)

The major change that is coming which will affect most of you is a large change in CarboniteNodes.

I decoded and stripped that data as with the other things, so old node data will not work with the next release.

Carbonite.Nodes is now dead and gone, however hopefully with the next release GatherMate2_Data will work.

I have Mining working right now, and it imports fine converting to Carb Node data. Unfortunately what I never realized before is GatherMate2_Data contains Dependacy: GatherMate2 in it's .toc file. I've asked if they'd consider not having it, as they did give me permission to use the node data before and that's kind of mute if your forced to run gathermate2.

But yes people... changes are coming

03-01-14, 08:34 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Oh, and also it was asked before about being able to select which nodes you want to display on the map, in a more choice thing (copper. tin, feliron etc instead of just all mining) or not along with routing.... That is also coming.

03-02-14, 10:28 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Importing Herbs / Mines is working... per node display/hide for mining is working, herb is half done

My question is we have all this new information I can now add in the same way, Arch dig sites, Fishing Nodes, Treasure sites.... do we want the carbonite gather system expanded for them.

03-03-14, 01:40 AM   #4
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Adding alternate nodes

Hi Rythal, I hope 2014 is treating you well
The alternate node information such as treasure chests & Dig sites would be awesome.
I haven't been here in awhile & I was looking for instructions on using the Routes portion of Carbonite when I found this post lol timing... I'll look elsewhere for the Routes instructions as I'm looking at trying to set up Routes that I can possibly export for a future Carbonite user. My sis hates the idea of yet another addon & is not likely to EVER set up her own addon options... but she has taken to hanging over my shoulder so she can oogle my Carbonite Maps
We had been using a different addon for routes of Herbs or Mines in some specific zones but it hasn't been updated & never did offer a choice as to which nodes or ability to combine types into a customized route such as Iron nodes, all herbs & Treasure in a zone on a Gatherer Toon.

03-03-14, 02:06 AM   #5
Ferdy
A Defias Bandit
In my opinion,
does it make sense to integrate all sorts of things ?
Doesn`t it make more sense to eliminate buggs first and upgrade carbonite to version 5.4.7 ?

In the near future the addon 6.0 will be released and that will import a lot of things to be changed
in carbonite.

Btw. : Nice to read you`r continue the work on carbonite and I`m sorry for my english - I´m a german User

03-07-14, 08:11 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
So that alpha is out the door... For now I did not include treasure points / fishing nodes

When I was working on the new nodes, I came across translations that were in the code itself and not in the localization files, so I decided that's the next thing i'm going to do.... revamping the localization

Once that's done I'll go back to looking at expanding the Node system.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Upcoming Changes