12-04-11, 09:49 AM   #1
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
Quest Description text faded out

Upon obtaining a new quest, the Description of the new quest, as well as every other quest previously in my log, is faded out and unreadable. Reloading UI fixes the problem for all quests, but as soon as another quest is obtained, all quest Descriptions are faded out again.

Screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_120411_103437.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	6630  

12-04-11, 11:33 AM   #2
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've seen this as well, but a friend of mine who does NOT run Carbonite has also seen it.

And, to be even more annoying, it's intermittent.

Don't think it is a Carbonite issue.

12-04-11, 03:28 PM   #3
Malak
A Murloc Raider
I got the same with carbonite

12-05-11, 10:16 AM   #4
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
I've seen this as well, but a friend of mine who does NOT run Carbonite has also seen it.

And, to be even more annoying, it's intermittent.

Don't think it is a Carbonite issue.
Well... I spent all day yesterday with just the default quest log, and never once saw an issue with the text. Carbonite does it every time I pick up a new quest.

I'd say that pretty much defines it as a Carbonite issue, wouldn't you?

12-05-11, 11:09 AM   #5
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Pennet View Post
Well... I spent all day yesterday with just the default quest log, and never once saw an issue with the text. Carbonite does it every time I pick up a new quest.

I'd say that pretty much defines it as a Carbonite issue, wouldn't you?
I didn't have carb on.. and it still happens.. so it's not carb dam blizz always breaking thing's

12-05-11, 11:10 AM   #6
Hanter
A Fallenroot Satyr
Its not a carbonite issue. Me and a friend who does not have carbonite have this issue.

I ticketed a GM and got the reply that they are already looking into it.

12-05-11, 11:36 PM   #7
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
Hm, weird that I never saw it all day yesterday, but I'll take your collective word for it.

Thanks.

12-12-11, 07:23 PM   #8
speak
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I've been getting this on all characters, and I don't run any quest mods, or even any mods that modify the quest log window.

I have noticed that it is intermittent, but haven't noticed that it only happens after accepting a new quest. Also, reloading my UI does not fix it.

12-21-11, 08:18 PM   #9
eGaTS
A Defias Bandit
I have experienced this issue consistently with Carbonite, but cannot reproduce it with the default UI, even after several hours of questing in different zones.

Could it be related to the other bug where auto-accepting/turning in quests sometimes causes the quest frame to leave behind parts of itself after it is supposed to be closed? That one has been around for a very long time and has never been fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carb quest glitch 001.JPG
Views:	674
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	6660  

Last edited by eGaTS : 12-21-11 at 08:42 PM. Reason: screenshot of possibly related glitch

01-01-12, 04:58 PM   #10
xekon
A Defias Bandit
Thats all it took to fix it for me, I left auto complete quest turned on, but I disabled auto accept quest and now im not having the problem.

01-02-12, 02:37 PM   #11
starfloater
A Defias Bandit
yeah auto accept

Yeah the previous two posters are right. Once i took off auto accept it worked. Too bad though I liked the auto accept option.

01-16-12, 02:13 AM   #12
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Pennet View Post
I never said it happened with the default tUI (who would ever run the default UI? That's madness!) I said it happens without Carbonite.

It appears that if you have any quest-accept add-on installed (for example, I use TurnIn for that). the quest text for ALL quests will be messed up as soon as you auto-accept your first quest. Up to then, it's fine.

There are a *lot* of very annoying UI bugs in the current WoW build, but Blizzard seems to be fine with leaving them until the next major patch (the mature language filter is particularly annoying).

01-16-12, 02:04 PM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ummmmm...... He didn't say the default UI, but he did say the default Quest Log.

Using the default quest log with Carbonite can be accomplished by hitting "alt + L" if you are using Carbonites Quest Log. You can also access Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu), and on the "Quest" page, make sure the "Open Carbonite quest window using Alt-L" option is check marked if you want the default Blizzard ql to open using the "L" key, or the micro menu quest log button, all the time.

By-the-way, from what I understand there are many people that use only the default UI. The information they receive through it is apparently sufficient for them to do whatever they want to do (IE: raid, quest, PVP, dungeons or whatever).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Description text faded out