04-22-09, 10:25 PM   #21
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by brontes View Post
What easier way to manually update and find notes to read than to have the outdated ones lit up in bright pink? (Also not clogging my inbox.)

Just sayin'.

It looks like wowmatrix went to hosting the files themselves now.
If they got author's permission, more power to them. Unfortunately from all the reading I've done on the topic in the last week I reaaallly doubt they did.

@Spahut & Unbelievable, right there with ya guys... I do NOT like blindly downloading and don't see the sense in going out of my way to update addons that I haven't had any problems with. That said, when I'm here and happen to see that one of my faves has been updated, I will go ahead and spend 30 or so seconds to update it. I'm just saying that I'm anything but ocd about it.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

04-22-09, 10:45 PM   #22
brontes
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
Wowmatrix stole bandwidth.
Going out to a theatre is tedious for me, so I might as well download a DVDRip, right?
Proper usage of past tense++

Now they mirror publicly available content and host it themselves. See: googlecache, coralcdn, archive.org, etc.

And yes, a vast, vast number of people download movies out of convenience.

Can't argue that changing (a very small percent of) original files pretty lame but its like trying to stop TPB. You can whine all day but its not going away.

04-22-09, 11:04 PM   #23
Laslo
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by brontes
And yes, a vast, vast number of people download movies out of convenience.
So stealing is ok as long as it's convenient. It all makes sense now.

Ackis posted YET ANOTHER reason why WM is/was bad. I don't see how people can continue to defend it. Please accept it and move on. We don't need another 30 page thread of crying.

04-22-09, 11:09 PM   #24
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Goofball_Jones View Post
You know what, us users just want a nice application to download our addons without any hassle. This is a hassle now.

<snip>

keep them updated. Oh, and if you're on a Mac, forget about it.

<snip>

I don't have a solution to this, doubt anyone does.
Um. What does this have to do with wow matrix modifying peoples code ?

Oh and see my sig as for an alternative to wow matrix.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

04-22-09, 11:10 PM   #25
brontes
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Laslo View Post
Please accept it and move on.
Yes, exactly.

04-22-09, 11:15 PM   #26
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Okay, this thread has served its purpose. Please keep the general WM debate in the WowMatrix thread.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Wow Matrix Updating Carbonite Code