06-23-10, 01:13 AM   #1
Kucerakov
A Defias Bandit
>10 fps if carbonite is active since 3.3.5

Title says it all. I get no fps on my main account unless I deactivate carbonite. My other account is fine, possibly because I have less toons and items.

06-23-10, 01:52 AM   #2
Belna
A Kobold Labourer
Same issue

I went to wow today with the new patch and my framerate dropped to 4 to 5 fps. I turned all the settings to down, but no improvement. Turned all add ons off and the framerate came back to 30 fps. Than I turned them on one after the other and they all were around 30 fps (28/29). After I turned on Carbonite again the fps dropped to 4 to 5. So I can't use it atm.

I do have 10 toons on this server, it could be that it's trying to update something that takes a lot off CPU power (up to 95%), but also that updating the screen is altered and there's a conflict with the new wow version.

Last edited by Belna : 06-23-10 at 01:55 AM.

06-23-10, 01:55 AM   #3
Senutyenool
A Fallenroot Satyr

Have exactly the same problem as described above. Only way to 'fix' this was to disable Carbonite.

06-23-10, 04:24 AM   #4
JessiXx
A Murloc Raider
A friend of mine and I both use this addon, and as soon as the new update released me and him both had this error. i was so used to haveing low fps that i didnt even notice, and he was just sure his graphics card was dieing, then i realised that it was carbonite and i promptly made a quick fix. all this does is remove a few lines from the carbonite.lua, and this is not intended to be a permanent fix, it's just so you can use carbonite up until they release a 3.3.5 patch for it.

Instructions:
1.)download and unrar the file. if you dont trust it dont do it.
2.)inside of the file is carbonite.lua and carbonite(original).lua, the carbonite.lua is the fix, and the carbonite(original).lua is the original one. if at any time you no longer want to use this fix, just delete the fix and rename carbonite(original).lua to carbonite.lua and place it in your carbonite folder. my directory is C:\users\public\games\world of warcraft\interface\addons\carbonite\
3.)replace the carbonite.lua in the formentioned folder with the one i have uploaded for you
4.)profit, lag is gone

http://filebeam.com/8d38d42148d2cfaea2d0d6327a45f253

Last edited by JessiXx : 06-23-10 at 04:27 AM.

06-23-10, 06:11 AM   #5
bando
A Defias Bandit
For those like me, curious about what JessiXx changed in the carbonite.lua file:

Removed the following lines:

Code:
if ChatFrameEditBox:IsVisible() then
Nx.Com.SCT1=tm
else
if tm-self.SCT1>=.5 then
if self.SCQ[1] then
local dat=self.SCQ[1]
tremove(self.SCQ,1)
self.SeB=self.SeB+#dat.Msg+54+20
self:SCMF(dat.Msg,"CHANNEL",dat.ChN1)
self.SCT1=tm
end
end
end

06-24-10, 02:24 PM   #6
tase
A Murloc Raider
And does this fix work?

06-25-10, 10:39 PM   #7
voodoochld2
A Kobold Labourer
yes it does. i wasnt able to go to the posted link so i just looked thru the carbonite.lua file and deleted the offending code, works perfectly now. thanks guys

08-11-11, 12:41 AM   #8
Razmikas
A Defias Bandit
Don't wanna create new topic, same problem in wow 4.2.0. But this fix now won't work. Any help?

08-11-11, 01:09 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First, make sure you have the latest release of Carbonite installed. The latest release is Carbonite 4.21. If you have the latest release installed, then try disabling all of your other addons, and then test to see how your FR looks.

Might just be another addon, or another addon conflicting with Carbonite, causing the problem.

Just for future reference: Starting a new thread is actually preferable to bumping one that is over a year old.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-11-11 at 01:15 AM.

08-11-11, 07:37 AM   #10
Razmikas
A Defias Bandit
So I have the latest release of carbonite, fresh installed wow, and I've just installed x-perl, and carbonite addons. Wow says what this addons is out of date. I try to load only one carbonite addon and fps is about 14-15, then i turn it off fps are bigger. What is more I tried carbonite with my computer and with laptop, and the same problem. So i think, that carbonite is not ready yet for cataclysm, because what i found in WoWWiki cataclysm addon status "Addon does not generate Lua errors but does not work in general. Also, the addon appears to eat your framerate." http://www.wowwiki.com/Cataclysm_AddOn_status

08-11-11, 09:55 AM   #11
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Razmikas View Post
So I have the latest release of carbonite, fresh installed wow, and I've just installed x-perl, and carbonite addons. Wow says what this addons is out of date. I try to load only one carbonite addon and fps is about 14-15, then i turn it off fps are bigger. What is more I tried carbonite with my computer and with laptop, and the same problem. So i think, that carbonite is not ready yet for cataclysm, because what i found in WoWWiki cataclysm addon status "Addon does not generate Lua errors but does not work in general. Also, the addon appears to eat your framerate." http://www.wowwiki.com/Cataclysm_AddOn_status
I think I'll just put this here as a comment about that page you linked:
Name:  Rep_hated_icon_18x18.png
Views: 2397
Size:  1.1 KB – Not compatible with Cataclysm beta and mostly or completely broken; possibly breaks other Cataclysm functionality or other addons.
(I added the bold and underlining of the relevant part)
I'm pretty sure Carbonite has been updated since then.

If you "have the latest release of carbonite, fresh installed wow" and "Wow says what this addons is out of date.", maybe you should try this:

Completely exit WoW and go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and either rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. BE AWARE that doing this will completely reset your installation of Carbonite. It will look and act like it was first installed when you start WoW again.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 08-11-11 at 10:04 AM.

08-11-11, 12:49 PM   #12
Razmikas
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I think I'll just put this here as a comment about that page you linked:
(I added the bold and underlining of the relevant part)
I'm pretty sure Carbonite has been updated since then.

If you "have the latest release of carbonite, fresh installed wow" and "Wow says what this addons is out of date.", maybe you should try this:

Completely exit WoW and go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder and either rename or delete the "Carbonite.lua" and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files. BE AWARE that doing this will completely reset your installation of Carbonite. It will look and act like it was first installed when you start WoW again.
I was tried this before, but nothing.. So, now I download mapster and try get used to blizzard quest helper GUI. I think i'll be waiting for carbonite update, maybe something will change
p.s. sorry for my lame english, and thanks for helping.

08-11-11, 08:25 PM   #13
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Your English is actually better than I've seen from some native English speaking posters.

The only other thing I can think of to do is to manually delete the four Carbonite folders in your "Interface\AddOns" folder, along with the two files I mentioned in my last post. It is possible that there has been a "bad overwrite" of the folders previously, and it is causing a persistent problem.

There are also ""Carbonite.lua and "Carbonite.lua.bak" files in each characters "SavedVariables" folder, but these only contain "taxi" (Flight Master) locations that are known to your characters. Open one and check it out. They can be opened in any plain text editor. These can be safely deleted, since the information is also saved server-side. If deleted, the files are rebuilt the first time each character visits its' first Flight Master.

Download a fresh copy of Carbonite and unzip it. Open the main "Carbonite" folder and check the "Carbonite.toc" file (you can open it in NotePad or WordPad) for the top three lines, which should say:

## Interface: 40200
## Title: Carbonite 4.21
## Version: 4.21
If they don't, then you don't have the latest release of Carbonite. If it does say that, move the folders to your "AddOns" folder. BE SURE TO MANUALLY DELETE THE FOUR CARBONITE FOLDERS FROM YOUR "AddOns" FOLDER FIRST. It is possible that there has been a "bad overwrite" of the folders previously, and it is causing a persistent problem.

08-27-11, 04:28 PM   #14
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Razmikas View Post
Wow says what this addons is out of date. I try to load only one carbonite addon and fps is about 14-15, then i turn it off fps are bigger. What is more I tried carbonite with my computer and with laptop, and the same problem. So i think, that carbonite is not ready yet for cataclysm, because what i found in WoWWiki cataclysm addon status "Addon does not generate Lua errors but does not work in general. Also, the addon appears to eat your framerate." http://www.wowwiki.com/Cataclysm_AddOn_status
4.21 will not show as out of date. In the addon list does it say "Carbonite 4.21"?

Slowness is often caused by having error messages that you can't see if "Display Lua Errors" is off. Press ESC, click Interface, click Help!, check "Display Lua Errors", click Okay and then logout and login. See if any error messages appear and post the first error here.

That wowwiki page is talking about Cataclysm beta and is old. Carbonite has been working with Cataclysm since last December.

09-03-11, 12:57 AM   #15
razbgd
A Kobold Labourer
Hi
First of all,I want to thank you for this wonderful add-on It was enormously helpful for me during leveling and for a lot of other stuff So,thank you
But,ever since the latest update,4.22,it`s causing very heavy lag,fps are decreasing at unbelievable rate,I have to disable Carbonite when I`m in the Molten front,and during the raids,if I want to be able to even move.
I did what you told us to do-interface,help,etc.,but when I logged back in,there wasn`t any lua errors shown.So..help,pls..
Another thing-it`s mistaking about the quests and quests places.For example-it was showing me a yellow ? sign on the mini-map for the quest Calling the Ancients before I had 125 marks.For the quest Those Bears Up There,when I finished the first part(tossed all the bear cubs),it showed me that I have to travel some 9k yards from there to finish second part-kill Pyrachnis(Nature's Blessing).
However,these "problems" with quests are not so important,what is important that I need to get my fps back as they were before the latest update.
Ty
p.s.forgot to mention-this is with only basic Carbonite and Carbonite items.If I turn on the other two-nodes and transfer,then it is like I have some plain integrated graphics card inside a pentium..but i don`t-i have 8600gts and 555be dual core with 4gb ram..

Last edited by razbgd : 09-03-11 at 01:03 AM.

09-17-11, 05:26 PM   #16
BONEHEAD111
A Kobold Labourer
Smile Low FPS

I'm having the exact same issues with FPS dropping when Carbonite is installed, I'm glitching all over the place. I've updated windows, checked for new drivers, lowered my game settings, etc... Nothing worked to improve my FPS so I started disabling addons and turning them on one by one. After going through all my addons Carbonite was the only one causing issues. Keep in mind that I've never had FPS issues before, only started when I installed the latest version of Carbonite last week. Love this addon, I'm hoping all the bugs will be worked out soon.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » >10 fps if carbonite is active since 3.3.5