04-27-09, 04:59 PM   #1
DOGMA1138
A Defias Bandit
Question Fresh install - Major issues.

Hello,

Just installed nUI, and I have some major issues with it.
Minimap and map don't seem to work, and no latency or FPS meters(as i've seen in every screen shot) either.

Every time I load WoW I get a LUA error that says, that you tried to divide something by a null value. I get the same error(same logical error, different LUA error code) when i press the map button, and it will constantly reapear until I press it again and set it to "combat".
I'm guessing it has some issues with scaling and or moving both the regular map and minimap to their correct nUI set positions.

Here are some screen shots of the errors i get:

And just to clarify nUI is the only addon running, I've cleaned the interface and WTF(!!1oneone) folders before installing it(logged on before installing nUI so the blizzardUI can correctly pre-configure it self).

So where did i go wrong? should I've configured something in the LUA files offline? i didn't see any thing besides install and have fun in the release notes(except some bug issues which don't concern me as far as i know).

Also if it is any difference I'm running vista, but I've noticed the same issues on my Win7 7100RC1 build machine, and haven't had the chance to check it out on my laptop which is running WoW trough 'Cedega' on Debian..

TIA.

04-27-09, 05:27 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Your second screenshot shows the wrong version installed.

Quoted from Announcements:

*PLEASE* if you find your copy of nUI is not working like it is supposed to, first make sure you have the right version installed. When you log in to WoW, nUI will print the welcome message. If that message does not say "nUI+ Development Version 5.02.06 is loaded" or "nUI+ Development Version 5.02.06 is loaded" then you DO NOT have the right version installed and that's the problem.

If you do not have that version of nUI installed, then you need to go to http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat137.html and download the current "nUI+ (Development)" version that is listed there. As of tonight, that is version 5.02.06

If you go to that link and you get a message that says you do not have permission to view that page, then you need to complete steps 1 through 5 in the instructions that were included in the original "Welcome to the nUI Newsletter" e-mail you received after you confirmed your subscription.

If you haven't yet subscribed to the Free nUI Newsletter, then go to http://www.nUIaddon.com/plus.html and submit your request to join the mailing list. After you complete the confirmation of your subscription, you will be e-mailed instructions on how to access the nUI+ download area here on WoWInterface.

04-27-09, 05:32 PM   #3
DOGMA1138
A Defias Bandit
Yeah noticed that after visiting the main site, I've downloaded nUI trough 'Curse', and it didn't mentioned that there.
Thanks

05-02-09, 07:35 AM   #4
kcuestag
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by DOGMA1138 View Post
Yeah noticed that after visiting the main site, I've downloaded nUI trough 'Curse', and it didn't mentioned that there.
Thanks
The "Curse" version is the lite version of nUI and does NOT include raid version unitframes.

You have to get the nUI+ from this website.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Fresh install - Major issues.