08-27-11, 09:09 PM   #1
dmgrant
A Defias Bandit
Unable to see enemy casting bar progress

Hi All,

There are quite a few times when a player needs to know when a spell will be cast so they can jump or time a counter spell. Before installing nUI, which I really like, I could clearly see this information on a progress bar.

I was just forced to leave a group because I could not tell when the boss was going to cast 'Static Cling' and as a healer, that was a deal breaker. WIPE.

I'm pretty sure that if I have the boss targeted I will see a progress bar for his upcoming spell, but is there a setting that will allow this to be seen without the boss being targeted? As healer, I am mostly targeting the tank.

Thanks for any suggestions.

08-28-11, 03:48 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Set the boss as your focus.

08-28-11, 11:50 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can either set the boss as your focus, as suggested, or install a mod like DBM which will keep you ahead of all the key boss activities.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-29-11, 07:44 PM   #4
dmgrant
A Defias Bandit
Thanks guys for your help.

If I set the boss as focus, he ends up so low and small in the middle box, that in the heat of the battle, I don't see the progress of the casting (if it is even there). I tried using nui movers to move that frame, but of course that doesn't work.

I do have DBM installed and it does warn that the spell is being cast, but without the progress bar, I didn't know when to jump so I got glued to the floor. (I had jumped too soon)

Any other suggestions or addons with bars that I could move more to the center of the screen? I know there are many casting bar addons, just looking for suggestions.

Thx

08-30-11, 01:47 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, I thought DBM had 2 different bars for things like with it turning into a bigger bar when its close to happening. I used to use the small bar lower in the screen and the bigger bar more central so that when I needed to know of it being imminent I was ready for it. But it has been a while since I raided so things may have changed somewhat.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Unable to see enemy casting bar progress