01-29-08, 01:59 PM   #1
panzermeyer
A Defias Bandit
UI advice, looking for the right one.

Hello,

I need advice on what type of UI mod I should get, there are dozens. I don't want a class specific one, as I play a hunter, priest and a rogue I know I can disable and enable for certain chars, but I just want something fairly simple.

What I am looking for is a mod, that will give me a lot more slots for spells, more action bar room basically. As it is now, I have no more room and I am lvl 54 with my hunter and 61 with my priest. I noticed Bongos2 to suite my needs from the look of it as I can move my bars any where and add more action bars if I read correctly?

Also, I noticed from screens and vids, that many have cooldown timers on the spells telling them exactly how long before they can use the spell again. The timer, in the form of minutes or seconds is displayed on the spell button itself. Where can I find a mod like this, or does bongos2 for example incorparate that as well?

I already use Gatherer, AtlasLoot enhanced and Auctioneer, do any of the UI mods conflict with any of these?

Thank you.
01-29-08, 02:05 PM   #2
Borrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Instead of Bongos I would use Bartender3
and as for those timers on the buttons the best there is at the moment is OmniCC.

At least these are the 2 I use combined with a lot more addons gives you this interface
01-29-08, 03:42 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My main is a 66 Hunter, so I fully understand needing tons of spellbar space (I currently have 6 bars, and might need another lol). I started out with this UI, and removed/added what I disliked/liked, modified some things and ended up with this (still not completely happy with it):

As for the cooldown timer thingy, I use CoolDownCount from WoWAce

I have to agree with Borrie... Bartender3 would perhaps be better, but ultimately in the end it's a matter of personal preference.
01-30-08, 03:52 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Bartender3 and Bongos2 both have their strengths and weaknesses however neither is better than the other. Its more a matter of personal taste (I know as I have used both).

For the cooldown counts on the buttons, I would strongly recommend OmniCC. Why? Because it works with just about everything out there, plus it is on the lightweight side of things.

Regarding possible conflicts with your other mods, no neither of those mods will will conflict with AtlasLoot Enhanced, Gatherer or AuctioneerAdvanced.

You may want to consider replacing the default UnitFrames (your Health and Mana bars) with enhanced ones. Excellent choices include X-Perl and ag_UnitFrames.
01-30-08, 07:03 AM   #5
panzermeyer
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for the suggestions, I guess I will give the bartender3 mod a try. So far i have already installed the omnicc mod and it's great, I also got a light weight coordinates mod, TomTom.

Does bartender3 have they ability, like bongos2 for the user to be able to move the action bars around to any where on the screen? From what I read bongos2 lets you do this just wondering if bartender3 does too.
01-30-08, 07:14 AM   #6
Borrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Yes Bartender3 lets you move those around. Including your bagbars, etca...

Originally Posted by panzermeyer View Post
Does bartender3 have they ability, like bongos2 for the user to be able to move the action bars around to any where on the screen? From what I read bongos2 lets you do this just wondering if bartender3 does too.
01-30-08, 07:50 AM   #7
Slakah
A Molten Giant

I personally find Bongos 2 to be more "User friendly", but I guess thats just me. It also has Minimap, Castbar, Repbar and stats modification which I find very useful. The changing bars depending on whether the target is hostile and friendly is also very good for saving action bar slots, and generally space.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI advice, looking for the right one.