06-27-13, 10:56 PM   #2241
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Eisritter View Post
Loving 8 as I get it set up!

Is there a way to configure aura tracker or raven to let me know when target is at 35% health?

Thanks
Unit Frames show this, but if you want something more noticeable, MSBT is probably your best choice.
  1. /msbt
  2. Triggers
  3. Add New Trigger
  4. Name it something like "Target 35%"
  5. Main Events: Add Event
  6. Main Event = Health Change
  7. Click spanner next to Unit ID, change to Unit ID = Target
  8. Click spanner next to Threshold, change to 35

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
Logged on to my shaman for the first time in years... getting 2 flame shock trackers.
Haven't been able to reproduce this. Does it always show up? Only after changing specs? Only after logging in? More info pls.

06-28-13, 04:43 AM   #2242
high55555
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Hmm, all HoTs I cast show up on units. If you wish to see all HoTs cast by anyone, then untick "Show if mine" under /gr2 > Statuses > Buffs
No, I don't want to see hots which are casted by anyone. I want only see my own hots. But if I cast rejuvenation on player X I don't see the hot in grid2 on this player frame I see the hot on my frame. That's weird.

Regards

06-28-13, 05:19 AM   #2243
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
is there any way i can change the font size? Most of it comes of quite horrible on my screen changing font sizes and font types doesn't really change anything in the config section of RealUI.

for example my quest tracker is completely unreadable due to font being to tiny even if i disable the ui scale in the config of RealUI and set the scale in the normal options to 1, most of the fonts are way too messed up to be readable

i do like the ui itself though.

If its not possible to change the font size, is there a way to only use the unitframes part of the ui and disable the rest?

As said before i really love the UI itself, as everything is perfectly placed for my eyes ^^, its just the font thats preventing me from using it. I'm not a big fan of the pixelated font from the start, so if i get an ui that uses it i always change it to a more eye-friendly font, this doesn't really seem to work in RealUI though.

I'll see if i can post a screenshot tonight when i get home to make it a bit more clear what i'm talking about

one last question though, is it possible to change the color of the health bars, maybe its because i'm not yet fully accustomed to the missing health part being red, and it might change the longer i play using the ui, but normally i have it somewhat the other way around, colored health bars where the missing healtth is just blackish background.

06-28-13, 05:20 AM   #2244
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by high55555 View Post
No, I don't want to see hots which are casted by anyone. I want only see my own hots. But if I cast rejuvenation on player X I don't see the hot in grid2 on this player frame I see the hot on my frame. That's weird.

Regards
you sure your not casting the spell on yourself?

06-28-13, 05:30 AM   #2245
Naomhan
A Kobold Labourer

Heya!
First of all, I really love this UI, best one I've had in years!
And secondly, sorry for asking a question where I am very certain the answer is right infront of me, but I cant see it, Is it at all possible to make the opacity of player frame always at 100%?

06-28-13, 06:05 AM   #2246
Eisritter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks Nib!

06-28-13, 07:15 AM   #2247
Zajen
A Defias Bandit
Some mage and general problems

Hey, long time user of the ui, but first time poster. Mainly because it's the first problem I've encountered. When I change Living Bomb to show for all specs it's reset to only fire once I reload the UI or log out/in. Any ideas as to why this keeps happening?

Also, I suggest making all mage bombs show as auras for all specs, it isn't spec dependent but fight dependent nowadays. Also, a cooldown timer for the pet nova would be awesome. Another thing which could help is to add something that indicates your pet mode (passive, assist, defensive, follow, attack).

Thanks for a great ui.

06-28-13, 10:53 AM   #2248
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by high55555 View Post

Regards
That is weird... hmmm.

Originally Posted by contramundi View Post
is there any way i can change the font size? Most of it comes of quite horrible on my screen changing font sizes and font types doesn't really change anything in the config section of RealUI.
/realui > Appearance > Advanced Settings > change pixel_x fonts to Standard and adjust size and outline to your taste

one last question though, is it possible to change the color of the health bars, maybe its because i'm not yet fully accustomed to the missing health part being red, and it might change the longer i play using the ui, but normally i have it somewhat the other way around, colored health bars where the missing healtth is just blackish background.
Not possible. One gets used to it, though

Originally Posted by Naomhan View Post
Heya!
First of all, I really love this UI, best one I've had in years!
And secondly, sorry for asking a question where I am very certain the answer is right infront of me, but I cant see it, Is it at all possible to make the opacity of player frame always at 100%?
/realui > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Modules > Combat Fader > Unit Frames

Originally Posted by Zajen View Post
Hey, long time user of the ui, but first time poster. Mainly because it's the first problem I've encountered. When I change Living Bomb to show for all specs it's reset to only fire once I reload the UI or log out/in. Any ideas as to why this keeps happening?

Also, I suggest making all mage bombs show as auras for all specs, it isn't spec dependent but fight dependent nowadays. Also, a cooldown timer for the pet nova would be awesome. Another thing which could help is to add something that indicates your pet mode (passive, assist, defensive, follow, attack).

Thanks for a great ui.
Will look into that spec issue, and thanks for the feedback.

06-28-13, 11:08 AM   #2249
juztcallmepapi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question. I know that the Quest Tracker changes color by class but I was wondering, is there a way to change that? Reason I ask is because since I'm mainly a Priest and I would love to be able to change it from the default "All White" text.

Thanks

06-28-13, 11:10 AM   #2250
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by juztcallmepapi View Post
Question. I know that the Quest Tracker changes color by class but I was wondering, is there a way to change that? Reason I ask is because since I'm mainly a Priest and I would love to be able to change it from the default "All White" text.

Thanks
/realui > Advanced > Advanced Settings > Modules > Watch Frame

06-28-13, 11:18 AM   #2251
juztcallmepapi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You, Nib, are AMAZING. :O

Another question. Often there are situations that require different sound settings and Titan Panel as a cool little "volume" options that allow you to change the volume settings on the fly without having to go into the settings option. Is there any way you can incorporate such a feature on your Info Bar if it's not already?

06-28-13, 11:41 AM   #2252
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by juztcallmepapi View Post
You, Nib, are AMAZING. :O

Another question. Often there are situations that require different sound settings and Titan Panel as a cool little "volume" options that allow you to change the volume settings on the fly without having to go into the settings option. Is there any way you can incorporate such a feature on your Info Bar if it's not already?
Maybe. I shall see.

06-28-13, 12:00 PM   #2253
high55555
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by contramundi View Post
you sure your not casting the spell on yourself?
Yes, I am sure. I don't see rejuvenation on any player. I see that only on my player frame.

Because I can't play with that behaviour I use another raid frame.

Regards

06-28-13, 12:01 PM   #2254
gunner12211221
A Defias Bandit
2 questions about realui

Hey there, I am having 2 issues with a few cosmetic things I don't like about the new Real UI 8 set up that I am wondering if someone could help me with.

First:
Stacking Enemy nameplates

I previously ran Tidy Plates and it was great. This new UI however has it's own plates addon (whose name escapes me) and when I take on 10+ enemies all of the name plates end up stacking an inch or so above eachother so when you are aoeing there is a tower of name plates going straight up. I disabled that name plate addon and reinstalled tidy plates but am having the same issue so its something with the UI itself I belive. I just want them to appear directly over the mob's head no matter how many are there. Any ideas on what to enable/disable to make this happen?

Second:
Minimap Addon Buttons are missing!

I have checked in RealUI's minimap settings but there are no options for addon buttons and I have checked in the addons themselves and the minimap buttons are all enabled, any one have any way of bringing them back?

06-28-13, 12:14 PM   #2255
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by gunner12211221 View Post
Any ideas on what to enable/disable to make this happen?
Esc > Interface Options > Names > Nameplate Motion Type

Originally Posted by gunner12211221 View Post
Second:
Minimap Addon Buttons are missing!
They appear on mouse-over underneath the minimap

06-28-13, 12:44 PM   #2256
gunner12211221
A Defias Bandit
Hey thanks a lot man. Thanks for all the work you have done on this UI, it is amazing. Awesome improvements!

06-29-13, 12:17 AM   #2257
Repins
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Crall View Post
Just notice as an little bug I've notice.

When casting mind flay it shows the ticsks of the casting perfectly, but if you chose "Solace and Instanity", the priest talent, and you cast mind flay and you have used devouring plague on the given target, mind flay will become "Mind Flay: Insanity" and when that does, the cast bar doesn't show the ticks.
Could we get confirmation if the cast bar is actually showing ticks as opposed to just dividing it by three? It seems as if it's doing nothing other than dividing the total cast bar by three, which is the same thing that ElvUI's cast bar does. That however isn't correct with how mind flay or any other channeled spell like it actually works in game.

Here is an image showing how it should actually work, with both Real UI cast bar turned on and Gnosis cast bar turned on. In the case of this example, mind flay, it's treated like a dot. If you refresh a mind flay with a mind flay, you don't lose any ticks it just extends it. Gnosis is showing this, with four possible mind flay ticks on the one cast. I can't replicate that with anything at all in RealUI which is making me think it was just a divider put in at thirds rather than actually calculating the tick breakpoints. Please note I'm not trying to be rude, just if someone is using this under the impression they're recasting something like mind flay correctly, they aren't. In the example image if you cancel after the "first" tick according to realui, you're actually cancelling miliseconds before the second tick goes off.

06-29-13, 12:22 AM   #2258
Shockattackr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just something Minor, noticed it when I did /cbniv

Wondering if the Quests, and Consumables Filters are supposed to be /cbniv sets or if the should follow their normal naming conventions

06-29-13, 12:55 AM   #2259
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Repins View Post
Could we get confirmation if the cast bar is actually showing ticks as opposed to just dividing it by three? It seems as if it's doing nothing other than dividing the total cast bar by three, which is the same thing that ElvUI's cast bar does. That however isn't correct with how mind flay or any other channeled spell like it actually works in game.
Ahh. I was not aware there was such trickery with repeat channelings. I shall have to see what I can do.

Originally Posted by Shockattackr View Post
Just something Minor, noticed it when I did /cbniv

Wondering if the Quests, and Consumables Filters are supposed to be /cbniv sets or if the should follow their normal naming conventions
Woops. Will get that sorted.

06-29-13, 01:11 AM   #2260
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I keep randomly getting a black box for the aura tracker.

I guess I better post more info. So this is a clean install. Latest!
Only modding I did was add in freebtip and use your texture and font for it.
Other than that nothing else has been touched.
No this has not happened on another character

Last edited by Kkthnx : 06-29-13 at 01:16 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI