02-08-13, 10:31 AM   #1
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Disbling Punks Detection?

I've searched around, and found a few very outdated posts about disabling the Punks aspect of the social features in Carbonite.
So far I have been unable to figure out how to accomplish this. I realize that when Rythal gets Carbonite fully modular this will probably be a built-in feature, but in the mean time, I'm still wondering how it can be done.
I've tried disabling or unchecking every aspect within the "Social & Punks" tab in the Options menu of Carbonite to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

-NF

02-08-13, 02:22 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I, also, do not use the "Punks" detection options or window. After looking through my Carbonite options, I found that on the "Social & Punks" options page, I have both the "Hide punk target button window" and "Lock punk target button window" options checked. Everything else on that page is left unchecked except the option to use the enhanced social window.

I never see anything about punks on my screen or in my chat.

EDIT/ However, after checking the "Punks" tab on the enhanced social window, I did see punks listed there. To clear the tab, simply right click on the "Active" line (that just means you can r/c anywhere in the tab as long as it is on the same horizontal line as the word "Active" to get the menu) and choose "Clear Actives" in that menu. You will notice that nothing really happens, but don't worry, just open another tab and come back to the "Punks" tab, and it will have cleared the actives from the page. I really don't think there is a way to stop that tab from working, unless you open the "Privacy & Com" page and check the "Disable zone channel (you won't know about players or punks in your zone)" option. I'm not positive that will stop it altogether, either, since I've never used that option. No punk notifications show up on my screen or in my chat, so I'm happy with the way it works (or doesn't work, depending on your view point). /EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-08-13 at 02:36 PM.

02-08-13, 04:04 PM   #3
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I, also, do not use the "Punks" detection options or window. After looking through my Carbonite options, I found that on the "Social & Punks" options page, I have both the "Hide punk target button window" and "Lock punk target button window" options checked. Everything else on that page is left unchecked except the option to use the enhanced social window.

I never see anything about punks on my screen or in my chat.
Ok I'll give this a try. Having the punks not show up is a start, but I'd like to see a way to truly disable the check for punks (which this may very well do) altogether.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
EDIT/ However, after checking the "Punks" tab on the enhanced social window, I did see punks listed there. To clear the tab, simply right click on the "Active" line (that just means you can r/c anywhere in the tab as long as it is on the same horizontal line as the word "Active" to get the menu) and choose "Clear Actives" in that menu. You will notice that nothing really happens, but don't worry, just open another tab and come back to the "Punks" tab, and it will have cleared the actives from the page. I really don't think there is a way to stop that tab from working, unless you open the "Privacy & Com" page and check the "Disable zone channel (you won't know about players or punks in your zone)" option. I'm not positive that will stop it altogether, either, since I've never used that option. No punk notifications show up on my screen or in my chat, so I'm happy with the way it works (or doesn't work, depending on your view point). /EDIT
I feel like a complete noob here, but how do I open the advanced social page? I have that option checked also, but I'm not even sure what an enhanced social page is... lmao!

Thank so much for the help!

-NF

Last edited by NoggenFogger : 02-08-13 at 04:09 PM.

02-08-13, 04:50 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
until I release the modularized code there is no way to stop all checks for punks, just to hide the window / text.

As for the enhanced social window, when you press 'o' it brings up carbonites social window instead of blizzards.

02-08-13, 04:58 PM   #5
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
until I release the modularized code there is no way to stop all checks for punks, just to hide the window / text.

I figured as much... which is why I said...
Originally Posted by NoggenFogger View Post
...I realize that when Rythal gets Carbonite fully modular this will probably be a built-in feature...

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
As for the enhanced social window, when you press 'o' it brings up carbonites social window instead of blizzards.

I feel like such a dumb-a$$....

Thank you for your continued work Rythal. As many others have said... I very much appreciate it!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Disbling Punks Detection?