04-18-06, 03:23 PM   #1
malkier22
A Murloc Raider
List of method calls available?

is there as list of method calls that one can perform on an xml object in the lua code? such as how to set the text on a label object. how to get the selected text from a combobox. how to set the viewable text in a combobox and on buttons? i have not been successful find any information on the web regarding the method calls one can do on must of the objects.

any assistance would be appreciated
04-18-06, 06:55 PM   #2
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.wowwiki.com/Widget_API
04-18-06, 08:07 PM   #3
malkier22
A Murloc Raider
Widget Methods

i reviewed the site, however it does not indicate the methods associated "Label" and "ComboBox".
05-07-06, 01:12 PM   #4
hop
A Murloc Raider
I would also like to see this information. I'm been spending the last hour trying to figure out how to set the text of a multiline edit box, and even the text of a label. It seems the XML designer names the fontstring inside the label control tags $parentLabel irregardless of what the control's name property is set to. I'm confused how I can do a SetText when more than one fontstring in my form is named the same. It worked fine for me before when I edited my XML from scratch, and named the fontstring uniquely. Do I still have to do that here? I'm sure I'm missing something.
05-07-06, 05:20 PM   #5
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb

The UI naming system substitutes $parent with the name of the parent object. So to access the actual FontString object within the Label, you can do:

If the name of the Label is $parentLabel, and your form name is TestForm you would access it by:
Code:
local fs = getglobal("TestForm".."Label".."Label")
where the names are separated to clarify the splits.

If you just called your Label TitleText, then the code is:
Code:
local fs = getglobal("TitleText".."Label");
05-11-06, 06:09 PM   #6
hop
A Murloc Raider
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I've been looking for an online source for information about things like that, but there is little available, that I can see with a google search that is.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » List of method calls available?