Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-27-12, 12:27 AM   #19
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
I have eye exams regularly to help stay on top of my prescription. I'm 25 right now though, so I'm not exactly looking forward to old age.
I'm 27. I just had an eye exam last week, and the prescription for my left eye is still exactly the same as it was when I was 17. My right eye, unfortunately, has gotten about 25% worse.

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
Your nameplate font isn't the same as your unitframe font.
In addition to fixing the font used for unit names in the 3D world, you might also consider using two fonts in your UI: one for short pieces of text such as on unit frames, and a more easily readable one for longer areas of text such as chat and tooltips.

A couple other things I noticed in your latest screenshot:
  • The buff icon to the right of your target frame needs to be shrunk down by a few pixels so it lines up with the target frame properly.
  • The mostly-empty green bar in the center just above your action bars needs to be moved up a few pixels, leaving a gap equal to that between the lower action bar and the info bar thing.
  • The combat icon doesn't really match the pixellated style of your UI. You might consider making your own custom texture without gradients or anti-aliasing.
  • The icons on your scrolling combat text should have an outline to match. This may require modifying your combat text addon.
  • The count text on your buffs is cut off by the edge of the screen. Move the buffs down, or move the count text inside the icon.
  • The LFG icon inside your minimap looks very strange and randomly placed. Consider moving this to the info bar, and replacing the icon with text.
  • I agree with previous posters that the glossy effect on the action buttons does not match the pixel style.
  • The info text at the top of the screen looks orphaned. Consider putting it inside an info bar, like the one underneath your action buttons.
  • Finally, make sure that everything around the edges of the screen is the same distance from the edges of the screen. There's more space to the right of your minimap than above it, for example, and more space below your chat frame than to the left of it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » With or without