05-01-06, 04:39 PM   #1
Maldivia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post EnchantMe

EnchantMe

EnchantMe is a simple addons that contains a list of all enchants an Enchanter can have, with tooltips showing required reagents.
Enchants are listed in a sorted order by type, and can be linked in chat, by shift-clicking the desired enchant.

Now there's no excuse for asking the enchanter which reagents are required!

The Download Page can be found here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4924
05-01-06, 05:44 PM   #2
British
A Defias Bandit

Sounds nice.

Any chance to add where the formula drops/sell/whatever ?
05-02-06, 04:10 AM   #3
Maldivia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by British
Sounds nice.

Any chance to add where the formula drops/sell/whatever ?
At the time, I have no plans on adding that information, mainly because I would either have to collect all that data myself, which is a much bigger task than just finding out which enchants are available, and finding the tooltip IDs for them. The other option would be to contact some of the online item databases, such as thottbot, allakhazam and wowguru, and ask if I could get their data.
So at the time, there are no plans adding that feature, but I might do so in the future.
05-02-06, 08:29 PM   #4
Gryphon
An Aku'mai Servant
Nice, can you add MobileFrames support?
05-03-06, 02:18 AM   #5
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Nice. This, just like macrostop, is a very nifty, unique, "why didn't someone think of this alreay?" kind of mod. Your code is faily slim to boot, which is a good thing.

Ideas/recommendations:
* Shift your code towards a more OOP approach, it's cleaner reading, maintaining, and it doesn't litter the global namespace with tons of functions.
* Don't add vendor locations, that will only bloat up your code. Fizzwidget's AdSpace will already do this anyway.
* Get rid of those semicolons! They're so annoying in lua *grin*
05-03-06, 02:42 AM   #6
Maldivia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Gryphon
Nice, can you add MobileFrames support?
Never used MobileFrames, so don't know how it works (guess I could look it up).
The EnchantMe window looks and acts like a "normal" UIPanel, meaning like the Who-window etc. It's registered in the UIPanelWindows table, meaning the default UI will "move it around", if you open other windows.
The name of the frame is "EnchantMe_Frame", if this helps in any way.

Originally Posted by Tekkub
Nice. This, just like macrostop, is a very nifty, unique, "why didn't someone think of this alreay?" kind of mod. Your code is faily slim to boot, which is a good thing.

Ideas/recommendations:
* Shift your code towards a more OOP approach, it's cleaner reading, maintaining, and it doesn't litter the global namespace with tons of functions.
* Don't add vendor locations, that will only bloat up your code. Fizzwidget's AdSpace will already do this anyway.
* Get rid of those semicolons! They're so annoying in lua *grin*
Well, the code is actually somewhat old, for both EnchantMe and MacroStop. MacroStop is from November last year, and EnchantMe from December (was released the day 1.09.0 came out, but had it running through PTR). There is actually still a check in the code, to check if it's 1.09.0 or newer, I for some reason have forgotten to remove! Addons I've been working on later, have taken a more OOP approach - which you can see if I release them, but I might rewrite EnchantMe to OOP, when I release an updated version in a near future. Although the new version is mainly to add German and French translations.

As for the semicolons: they will always be there
I'm so used to semicolons from C and Java. The only place I don't use semicolons is when I'm compressing macros. And you might think they are annoying, I, on the other hand, think they help readability.
05-03-06, 11:09 AM   #7
Gryphon
An Aku'mai Servant
All it needs is a line added to the XML, there is the info for coders at http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=408

It sure would be helpful as I have my action bars on the left side and eme is appearing behind them.

Thanks

PS. Yay for semicolons
06-18-06, 04:56 PM   #8
cynicalporkchop
A Murloc Raider
Tooltip Conflict with Grimpack?

I absolutely love this addon! Guildies usually ask me for enchant mat info, even though i dont have a high level 'chanter myself. That is until today when i experienced a slight "bug" when updating my ui.I don't really consider this a bug, since before i revamped my ui i had no issues with enchantme whatsoever. After starting from scratch with clean addon, wdb, and wtf, i installed the Grimpack compilation found here http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=2158.
Enchantme pull up fine, but no tooltips are shown over the enchants, or if they are shown, they are beneath the Enchantme frame itself. Is there some tooltip mod causing a conflict and not allowing the enchantme tooltips from being displayed?
06-20-06, 03:05 AM   #9
Maldivia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hmm, sounds as if there's a bug in one of the addons in that compilation. EnchantMe doesn't do anything "fancy" to the tooltip, all it does is anchor it to the frame and show the enchant. But I'll try to look in to it.

Looking over the list, it could be a bug in TipBuddy (since that looks like the only addon on the list that changes the behaviour of tooltips), but I'll try to look in to it later today (or tomorrow), have to update for version 1.11 soon anyway
07-31-06, 05:36 AM   #10
docfeelgood
A Kobold Labourer
Other tradeskills?

I LOVE this Addon .. anyone know of one that does other tradeskill?
12-24-06, 02:41 AM   #11
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

v2.00.00 conflicts with Fizzwidget's Disenchant Predictor (the latest 2.0.2 version of that from Fizzwidget's home site ).

Open EnchantMe (/eme). Click an enchant. The following errors occur:

"GFW_DisenchantPredictor\\GFWTooltip.lua:175: Usage: GetItemInfo(itemID|\"name\"|\"itemlink\")\nGFW_DisenchantPredictor\\GFWTooltip.lua:175: in function `NameFromLink'\nGFW_DisenchantPredictor\\GFWTooltip.lua:216: in function <...erface\\AddOns\\GFW_DisenchantPredictor\\GFWTooltip.lua:215>\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: in function `SetHyperlink'\nEnchantMe\\EnchantMe.lua:16: in function `Tooltip'\n<string>:\"EnchantMe_Line3:OnEnter\":2: in function <[string \"EnchantMe_Line3:OnEnter\"]:1>"

"GFW_DisenchantPredictor\\GFWTooltip.lua:175: Usage: GetItemInfo(itemID|\"name\"|\"itemlink\")\nGFW_DisenchantPredictor\\GFWTooltip.lua:175: in function `NameFromLink'\nGFW_DisenchantPredictor\\GFWTooltip.lua:216: in function <...erface\\AddOns\\GFW_DisenchantPredictor\\GFWTooltip.lua:215>\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: ?\n<in C code>: in function `SetHyperlink'\nEnchantMe\\EnchantMe.lua:16: in function `Tooltip'\n<string>:\"EnchantMe_Line9:OnEnter\":2: in function <[string \"EnchantMe_Line9:OnEnter\"]:1>"

and so on. The final string "\"EnchantMe_LineX:OnEnter\":2: in function <[string \"EnchantMe_LineX:OnEnter\"]" is the one that changes with each error.
12-25-06, 01:21 PM   #12
Maldivia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It's not a bug with EnchantMe, it's a bug with Fizzwidget's Disenchant Predictor.

Apparently, the predictor assumes that all links called with GameTooltip:SetHyperlink(..) are item links, which is not the case, as there are enchant links aswell.
02-15-07, 03:21 PM   #13
AnduinLothar
Nobody of Importance

Think you can add a FeatureFrame window toggle button? It's easy, just optdep FeatureFrame and add a line into your loading code. Here's the spec:

Code:
--[[
--	RegisterButton
--
--	Allow you to create a button of your mod in the FeatureFrame.
--
--	Usage:
--
--		FeatureFrame_AddButton ( FeatureFrameRegistrationObject[name,subtext,tooltip,icon,callback,testfunction] )
--
--	Example:
--
--		FeatureFrame_AddButton (
--			{
--				id = "MyAddOnID";
--				name = "My AddOn";
--				subtext = "Is very cool";
--				tooltip = "Long Tool\n Tip Text";
--				icon = "Interface\\Icons\\Spell_Holy_BlessingOfStrength";
--				callback = function()
--					if (MinimapFrameFrame:IsVisible()) then
--						HideUIPanel(MinimapFrame);
--					else
--						ShowUIPanel(MinimapFrame);
--					end
--				end;
--				test = 	function()
--					if (UnitInParty("party1")) then
--						return true; -- The button is enabled
--					else
--						return false; -- The button is disabled
--					end
--				end
--			}
--			);
--
--		A button will be created in the Features Frame.
--
--		Description must not be more than 2 words, you should put a longer description in the tooltip.
--
--	]]--
BTW, Feature Frame is a part of Cosmos, but is also standalone, just a simple place to put buttons so you don't have to remember slash commands.
05-22-07, 09:08 PM   #14
brknsoul
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Linking Enchants from the EnchantMe window causes disconnections as of patch 2.1

Main reason, is the links now have a different linking formula.
05-23-07, 11:06 AM   #15
Maldivia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by brknsoul
Linking Enchants from the EnchantMe window causes disconnections as of patch 2.1

Main reason, is the links now have a different linking formula.
Thanks for the update. I checking the addon out on the PTR, and there were no problem linking at that time, but guess they restricted it later on in the PTR cycle to only support the new way. Unfortunately, I won't have the time to update this until June 1st, as I'm away from home until that date.
05-31-07, 10:11 AM   #16
Siz
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
The only thing that changed was the color of enchant links. It's ffd000 instead of ffffff.

Open up EnchantMe.lua and go to line 33. Change the line from this:
Code:
ChatFrameEditBox:Insert("|cffffffff|Henchant:" .. this.EnchantID .."|h[" .. this:GetText() .. "]|h|r");
to this:
Code:
ChatFrameEditBox:Insert("|cffffd000|Henchant:" .. this.EnchantID .."|h[" .. this:GetText() .. "]|h|r");
06-02-07, 03:40 AM   #17
Maldivia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
OK, updated EnchantMe to version 2.1, fixing the colors, so it should once again be safe to link them.

I've also uploaded a new addon called ProfessionLinks, that is similar to EnchantMe, but contains links for all professions instead. When the addon has been approved, it can be found here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7210-ProfessionLinks.html
10-08-07, 09:47 PM   #18
dglass
A Kobold Labourer
It would be great if the EnchantMe list could indicate in some way (change of color maybe) which enchants have been applied to the gear my character has equipped.

Would that be unpleasantly difficult to add?
10-09-07, 10:49 AM   #19
TazGolem
A Murloc Raider
Love the Addon and cant live without it anymore. Proffesion link is great for all the other professions but it doesnt seperate the enchants into seperate armor locations like EnchantMe does so it cant quite replace it.
Any chance this will be updated with the new enchants that got upgraded from AQ as well as the other new enchants.
10-10-07, 02:44 AM   #20
Maldivia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
dglass:
Not unpleasantly difficult, I might consider it

TazGolem:
Sure, I'll update it. Personally I've just gotten used to using my profession links addon instead, and just searching for "bracer" to find enchants for my bracers, etc, so simply forgot to upload the new version of EnchantMe

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » EnchantMe