08-27-13, 02:14 PM   #1
Lulleh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Arena enemy unitframes don't disappear between games

As the title says, they keep showing after I exit. I'm using sArena as a replacement for the original frames. I've tried the good old exclusion method by disabling the top 50% of my addons (not sArena ofc) and then the bottom 50% but the problem is still there. After this I disabled everything again (except for sArena) and enabled them 5 by 5. This worked fine until I reached somewhere in the middle and the bug occured again so I disabled the 10 last addons but this did how ever not solve the problem which is really odd and also the reason I made this post since I am kinda lost at this point.

The AddOns I use can be found in this link: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...?id=22211#info

Short answer would probably be: "Play with Gladius or with no AddOns at all" but that's no option so would be nice to see if there's a way around this.

(Oh, and yes, I've tried disabling sArena (and oUF) using the original frames and it worked fine so there's most likely a compability problem with sArena & other addons.)

Also, oUF(_Mlight) disabled the trinket icon from sArena but I suppose this goes into that AddOns specific comments)

Thanks in advance!
08-27-13, 04:40 PM   #2
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Lulleh View Post
As the title says, they keep showing after I exit. I'm using sArena as a replacement for the original frames. I've tried the good old exclusion method by disabling the top 50% of my addons (not sArena ofc) and then the bottom 50% but the problem is still there. After this I disabled everything again (except for sArena) and enabled them 5 by 5. This worked fine until I reached somewhere in the middle and the bug occured again so I disabled the 10 last addons but this did how ever not solve the problem which is really odd and also the reason I made this post since I am kinda lost at this point.

The AddOns I use can be found in this link: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...?id=22211#info

Short answer would probably be: "Play with Gladius or with no AddOns at all" but that's no option so would be nice to see if there's a way around this.

(Oh, and yes, I've tried disabling sArena (and oUF) using the original frames and it worked fine so there's most likely a compability problem with sArena & other addons.)

Also, oUF(_Mlight) disabled the trinket icon from sArena but I suppose this goes into that AddOns specific comments)

Thanks in advance!
Could caused by any addon which uses Ace3 or LibStub. However i'm not sure why would you want to change Gladius with sArena.

Also found a PowerAuras config/bak file in your [[Wtf/Accound/ACCOUNTNAME/]] folder which doesn't really belong there.

Last edited by Resike : 08-27-13 at 04:51 PM.
08-27-13, 04:47 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Do you have Lua errors turned on under Interface > Help? If not, go turn them on and reproduce the problem. If something as glaringly obvious as "unit frames remaining visible when there are no units for them to dsiplay" is happening, you're almost certainly getting a Lua error, and that error will probably tell you exactly which addon is at fault.

On a side note, your addon list has a lot of unnecessary stuff in it. You do not need to install Ace3, LibStub, or any other libraries separately -- any addon that uses a library includes a copy of the library inside its own folder already. Also, using both BigWigs and DBM at the same time is just... mind boggling. And some of the addon descriptions on your UI page are really outdated -- it hasn't been possible to use /in to cast spells since before the Burning Crusade, for example.
08-27-13, 04:54 PM   #4
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Do you have Lua errors turned on under Interface > Help? If not, go turn them on and reproduce the problem. If something as glaringly obvious as "unit frames remaining visible when there are no units for them to dsiplay" is happening, you're almost certainly getting a Lua error, and that error will probably tell you exactly which addon is at fault.

On a side note, your addon list has a lot of unnecessary stuff in it. You do not need to install Ace3, LibStub, or any other libraries separately -- any addon that uses a library includes a copy of the library inside its own folder already. Also, using both BigWigs and DBM at the same time is just... mind boggling. And some of the addon descriptions on your UI page are really outdated -- it hasn't been possible to use /in to cast spells since before the Burning Crusade, for example.
Oh i almost forgot about "/in" it was such an awesome feature.
08-28-13, 02:07 AM   #5
Lulleh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks, I'll make sure to try it. As for the DBM and BigWigs, I use Bars from Bigwigs and rest from DBM, not a problem to me, at all. The /in are for say commands, works fine.
08-28-13, 04:43 AM   #6
Lulleh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
Could caused by any addon which uses Ace3 or LibStub.

Also found a PowerAuras config/bak file in your [[Wtf/Accound/ACCOUNTNAME/]] folder which doesn't really belong there.
What difference would it be if those are removed?
08-28-13, 04:56 AM   #7
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Lulleh View Post
What difference would it be if those are removed?
Nothing...
08-28-13, 06:40 AM   #8
Lulleh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Not to solve the problem btw but someone said that they are unnessessary, the libs and the bak file from Powa.
08-28-13, 11:23 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

The extra libs and backup files are not used by anything, and the overall UI doesn't behave any differently whether they're there or not, so it's just best to not waste space and create clutter by including them. It's kind of the same thing as leaving empty bags and wrappers laying around in your car -- having them there doesn't make the car work differently vs. cleaning them out, but if you're showing the car to other people, you should probably clean them out.
08-29-13, 02:03 AM   #10
Lulleh
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The extra libs and backup files are not used by anything, and the overall UI doesn't behave any differently whether they're there or not, so it's just best to not waste space and create clutter by including them. It's kind of the same thing as leaving empty bags and wrappers laying around in your car -- having them there doesn't make the car work differently vs. cleaning them out, but if you're showing the car to other people, you should probably clean them out.
I see, fair enough

As for the error wtih the unitframes, I enabled to option but nothing came up so back to gladius now.. Thanks for the help at least !

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Arena enemy unitframes don't disappear between games