01-01-08, 04:18 AM   #1
Hintshigen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bag Mod

I'm hoping someone can help me with this one. I'm looking for a bag mod that groups all the bags into one thing, but doesn't change the default look of the bag skin. Stock blizzard ui graphics and all. And is not an Ace mod (Don't like Ace at all).

Thanks.
01-01-08, 06:54 AM   #2
Takatalvi
A Cliff Giant
Angry

Don't Hate The AddOn, Hate the AddOn Writer. Ace/2 is only beneficial (memory wise) if all or most of your UI is Ace/2.

Beyond that Some of the best addons (OneBag, FuBar, OmniCC, eePanels, elkBuffBars, Clique, Quartz, etc.) are Ace/2

I don't think anyone has made a OneBag that keeps the standard Blizzard Look.
Although If you can suck up using Ace/2, with some configuration, you could use eePanels to add a background to anything you want, Including OneBag(Full opacity).

-My 2 Cents
01-01-08, 07:36 AM   #3
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OmniCC doesn't use Ace2.

Ace/2 is only beneficial (memory wise) if all or most of your UI is Ace/2.
Meh.

Anyway back to the task at hand I would suggest Combuctor .
01-01-08, 08:25 AM   #4
Hintshigen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

It's not the memory issues with Ace that makes me dislike them. It's the art. It's all the same, sterile, smooth obsidian look.

I just really like the look and feel of Blizzards UI, and most of what I need/want is already built into it now.

Just trying to flesh it out with as few addons as possible to get my perfect package.
01-01-08, 08:51 AM   #5
Avazza
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Try AllInOneInventory, it should be exactly what your looking for.
01-01-08, 08:59 AM   #6
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Bagnon, or Combuctor.
01-01-08, 09:00 AM   #7
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Combunctor is one, as well as Baggins (use Blizzard Skin in options) both look like Blizz frames but give you an "All-In-One" approach. As far as I know, Combunctor isn't Ace2 (but the author is testing on WoWAce) and Baggins is Ace2. Not that it should honestly make that big of a difference...they're both wonderful AddOns.
01-01-08, 09:53 AM   #8
Amaru
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Bagon is what I use.
01-01-08, 01:19 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What skin a mod uses is up to the author, not the libraries that it uses. Baggins has both a smooth black look, a blizzard frame look, and I think even a slight gradient look like the old oSkin.

@Takatalvi: OmniCC and Clique do not use the Ace libraries. And the current version of FuBar uses the Rock framework, not Ace.

I will say this for probably the umpteenth time. A good author writes a good mod, a ****ty author writes a ****ty mod. What libraries or framework they use has nothing at all to do with it. And, again, how a mod looks is up to the author as well. Not its framework.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-01-08, 02:22 PM   #10
BewareOfButtlice
A Defias Bandit
ArcInventory is the best one i think. Can have things in different sections on the same screen of the bag.
01-01-08, 04:46 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can do that with Baggins, too.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-01-08, 05:29 PM   #12
Hintshigen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I agree, me not liking Ace has really nothing to do, nor did I say this, with the authors or the mods in general, my dislike solely stems from the skin or the look that the mods have in general.

Thanks for suggesting Baggins I would not have found it on my own, the blizzard skin is close enough to make me happy and it has the features, and then some, that I was looking for.

I hope no one took offense and I certainly didn't want to start any controversy.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Bag Mod