10-16-10, 12:32 AM   #21
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Duneybird View Post
Just loaded new 4.0 version and the wow world went to ****! Getting "you are not in a guild" messages spammed at me, so shut off gatherer portion of Carbonite, which stopped those messages. Still getting frozen screen when changing places and going into BGs, requiring that I unplug computer to get out of it. So I will not be donating anything until this program is fixed and working properly.
This is a perfect example of how things are often not what they appear. The "you are not in a guild" message has been confirmed as a Blizzard bug, since people with no addons are getting the message by talking in guild chat. Current solution is log out and back in.

Freezing and crashing are usually game bugs with rebooting being the best first option.

Annoying error messages in a box on screen? Now those are mostly addon bugs, except once in a while I'll see a FrameXML whatever error, which is Blizzard lua code.

Sudden heavy FPS lag for no apparent reason? Probably an addon spewing error messages, but you can't see them because Blizzard hides them by default, so enable "Display Lua Errors" in the game settings Interface/Help section.

Last edited by carboniteaddon : 10-16-10 at 12:36 AM.

10-16-10, 12:57 AM   #22
Jaillyn
A Murloc Raider
Unplugging... That's special.

Mind you, a lot of people are having FPS or freezing issues since WoW 4.01. It could be the GAME itself, not just one addon?

10-16-10, 03:48 AM   #23
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Simulo View Post
ROFL, here be a ****tard when it comes to computers...lawl...unplugging the system.

Windowed (Maximized) duuuuur.
I'm the last one in the world to act like the forum police, but could we please stop feeding the Carbotrolls? Especially after midnight. That just spawns more of them.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

10-16-10, 07:08 AM   #24
adracamas
A Fallenroot Satyr

Jeez, i couldn't believe it when I saw this post. How frigging ignorant.
Dude, at least they are TRYING. Which is more than I can say for you.
"I'll give you money when you get it right" what the hell ever.
How long have you been using it and how much have you given HM? Where I am from you figure out how much you would give for something and give half of that to them off the bat, the the other half after the jobs complete.
These people are NICE enough to give us a kick ass add-on and all you do is bitch.

10-16-10, 07:42 AM   #25
joal82
A Kobold Labourer
where do i download C-4.0

Ok, maybe i'm missing where to download the new Carbonite 4.0 but all i see is a link to download 3.34. can someone help me out here? i'm going through carbonite withdrawls and i need someone to hold my hand in WoW

10-16-10, 07:59 AM   #26
Chmee
A Molten Giant
www.carboniteaddon.com

There's a link right there on the page.

10-16-10, 02:32 PM   #27
Teufelgott
A Kobold Labourer
Any links to the bug fixes in the incremental versions of the beta?

10-16-10, 03:47 PM   #28
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Teufelgott View Post
Any links to the bug fixes in the incremental versions of the beta?
Right click the Carb minimap button, select Help and read the 4.0 version page.

I also listed them on the bug forum posts for the last two releases.

10-18-10, 09:49 AM   #29
Neefy
A Murloc Raider
The freezing when zoneing is WoW itself not Carb.

10-18-10, 09:58 AM   #30
JoeSchmuck
A Defias Bandit
It appears the original poster is back....and lo and behold his message confirms a blizzard issue. Moron. you cant come back and make nice now that you find out your a complete idiot. to bad you cant block downloads to certain people. this is one guy that needs his rights taken away.

Joe.

10-18-10, 10:30 AM   #31
Ray's Addicted
A Murloc Raider
OP is further proof in support of my idea of requiring licensing to surf the internet... IQ test and 6 months prep classes including netiquette prerequisites.

10-18-10, 10:36 AM   #32
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Sure. After all, we can't allow anything to exist without government regulation.

10-18-10, 11:21 AM   #33
Dokkalfarsn
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite FPS

I've noticed that my FPS bottoms out while the Carbonite Quest Tracker is open. If I minimize that, the FPS jumps from 10-30. I hope this info helps narrow down any culprits for the next version.

10-18-10, 11:52 AM   #34
argetlam_mayonaka
A Murloc Raider
Wow. I don't have any FPS issues due to my addons. It's all part of game due to the new textures that Blizzard implemented. I was getting 60+ fps in ICC25 with everything maxed pre-patch 4.xxxx but now it's dropped to 40ish. Imo, they really should give you the option to use either the new textures or the old ones like EverQuest does. Maybe we'll get lucky and that will be one of the unspoken features they're implementing in Cata. I'm doubtful though. As to Carbonite causing issues...None for me. Great job in updating btw.

10-18-10, 03:21 PM   #35
tjhyland
Premium Member
Hmmm

There are so many things I want to say. But I'm going to just say, I LOVE Carbonite.

10-19-10, 04:53 AM   #36
Sesshi
A Murloc Raider

Epic fail... =.=

I've been playing for almost a year now and when I was introduced to Carb my WoW experience change drastically. I was finally able to level up and complete the quests and whatnot. Without Carb I'd be lost. Oh wait... I was lost when the new patch came out. I literally couldn't find my way around with WoW's original map, plus I couldn't move with the map in fullscreen mode. Nor could I detect my enemies around me or do anything without it. People who bitch about how ****ty something is after the creator's worked their asses off to grant us such a beautiful addon is just a piece of worthless scum. If YOU think you can do better then try it. I doubt you'd get far. There's no other addons out there that's even CLOSE to Carb. I should know, tried to find a substitute when I heard that they might not release the updated version till Cata came out. Let me tell you, it's a bloody nightmare without Carb! And beta is beta. There will be bugs, there will be problems. But you know what YOU can do to help solve the issues?! ****ing tell them about the bugs/glitches you find and stop QQing about it. Gah! Why must there be so many idiots around?! Why?! Dx

On a personal note to the devs who've worked so hard to bring us the updated version early:

Thank you all for the hard work you put into bringing us this addon that I seriously cannot live without. Please don't let morons like him effect you, you guys are awesome and have pure talent. Hell I wish I could make kick ass addons like Carb like you guys made. But I'm not that well adept to making stuff. =/ Keep up the good work though! If I could donate I would, I'm barely able to afford my WoW account and had to scrap and save to get the Collector's Edition of Cata, but it's well worth it. Ever since I was introduced to your addon my gaming experience has gotten smoother and more enjoyable. It sucks not being able to know where to turn a quest in at or what area's are appropriate for your level and whatnot. Plus, back when I was playing on a PvP server it saved my ass many times due to Alliance always swarming the area's I was in cause of them being contested areas. Lol. But again guys, thank you so much and please keep up the awesome work!

~Sesshi G. Kidam

10-19-10, 07:00 PM   #37
justnuts
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite crap?? Try using Questhelper after the patch and see what that does for you.

10-19-10, 07:33 PM   #38
illumnat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up Actually... Blizzard bugs, not Carbonite

What's really funny is that most of the bugs and problems the original poster mentions have turned out to be problems with either the 4.0.1 WoW client or Blizzard's servers... not Carbonite.

4.0.1 was a MAJOR patch. Anyone who's been around for 1.x thru 1.9, 2.0, and 3.0 knows that there are always problems with the game when a new major patch rolls around... even when not running any addons.

Hell, I remember when most maintenance Tuesdays resulted in servers being down for extended periods and going through lag hell for several days after.

The authors of Carbonite did a remarkable job getting their addon up and running quite quickly after the patch.

As for the rest... take a look at the Blizzard Customer Service and Technical Support forums... a ton of people were having the same problems as the OP and I'm sure, not every one of them was running Carbonite.

10-21-10, 12:44 AM   #39
bobble09
A Kobold Labourer
Fail Guy Is Fail

10-22-10, 07:03 AM   #40
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Thumbs up Kudos

I just skimmed this thread, seeing as its title was so blatantly unbelievable. Good job to the community for sticking up for such a wonderful project and even more kudos to the devs who just calmly gave a few polite suggestions to this a-hole. I'd be pissed if something I did as a side project for the benefit of others got trashed. I vote an administrative change to the thread title;

"Carbonite 4.0 is crap, if youre a tool"

Keep up the great work!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 4.0 is crap