05-25-09, 06:51 PM   #61
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
One question though: Wouldn't it be easier to speak to the folks at wowinterface.com and post a simple poll in this subscribers only part of the forums? That way the validity of the vote is pretty much checked for you - after all, if someone can't access the subscriber forum then they can't see (let alone vote) on a poll.
It would be easier but we thought it would be nice if each dollar counted as a vote instead of someone getting a vote regardless how much he/she has donated.

I plan on posting the latest voting numbers some time tomorrow.

Edit: Results posted here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23367

Last edited by Haavok : 05-26-09 at 08:47 AM.

05-26-09, 10:01 AM   #62
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Ah, I didn't realise you were scaling votes that way. This may encourage people to donate more than a token fee. Great idea tbh

06-01-09, 06:17 PM   #63
theefool
A Defias Bandit

I kinda wonder in the amount of $'s spent was in each category, instead of a percentage.

Last edited by theefool : 06-01-09 at 06:20 PM.

06-02-09, 11:04 PM   #64
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by theefool View Post
I kinda wonder in the amount of $'s spent was in each category, instead of a percentage.
Bad idea tbh.

The author of questhelper made the mistake of revealing some of his mod's earnings on the official forums (re impact of Blizzar'd new policy). It generated a lot of venom from the "entitlement" crowd (who seem to think everything in life should be free and noone should make money from their hard work). IIRC some mod authors even threatened to pull their mods as a response to the "entitlement" crowd criticism (nevermind Blizzard's new policy).

Percentages are safer

Last edited by Unbelievable : 06-02-09 at 11:11 PM.

06-03-09, 03:50 AM   #65
Tankdin
A Defias Bandit
Dont want a vote

How bout something we can use like a bloody update button i hate having to setup carbonite everytime there is a update

06-03-09, 07:10 AM   #66
florinpatan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tankdin View Post
How bout something we can use like a bloody update button i hate having to setup carbonite everytime there is a update
My I ask you WTF do you setup on carbonite between minor updates? It keeps all your preferences and remembers all the window locations etc. so... l2use something before qq about it

06-04-09, 04:42 PM   #67
theefool
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
Bad idea tbh.

The author of questhelper made the mistake of revealing some of his mod's earnings on the official forums (re impact of Blizzar'd new policy). It generated a lot of venom from the "entitlement" crowd (who seem to think everything in life should be free and noone should make money from their hard work). IIRC some mod authors even threatened to pull their mods as a response to the "entitlement" crowd criticism (nevermind Blizzard's new policy).

Percentages are safer
Some people. I don't really understand why some would be so up in arms about that. Oh well.

Guess, I'll have to figure it out on my own. Which will be near impossible. Unless I go full retard on donations.

08-04-09, 11:38 AM   #68
Gazzooks
A Kobold Labourer

Thank you

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, when might we find out the decison?

08-04-09, 04:29 PM   #69
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Haavok posted results here
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23367

Item database is the next big feature we will be doing, but it will take some time and any patch 3.2 fixes or general bugs have higher priority.

Northrend Instance maps were done for Carbonite 3.2, since they were doable in the time that was available for July.

08-05-09, 05:05 AM   #70
noneyaa
A Kobold Labourer
Lost on a Carbonite Update

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
...for subscribers & donators.

Details coming soon
Where do I download the Most recent Carbonites release - I have not had one that been current for long time -- Took forever to get in this Group to even find this when site went down thx -- Maybe a Prive Message on this Post too would be nice!!!

08-05-09, 05:30 AM   #71
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Carbonite.html

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » We've got something interesting in the works...