01-15-09, 09:48 AM   #1
kneemon
A Defias Bandit
Profile Manager

I am hoping there is a savvy add on developer out there that can take this idea and run with it.

I have noticed that a lot of addon's use profiles now, but there are tons of addons and thus tons of profiles... If i get one char working just the way i like, it will still take a good amount of time to go through all the addon configurations for other characters just to LOAD the profile.

That being said, would it be possible to create an addon that allows us to create one profile and that one profile will load and set the profile for any other registered addon. This way i could load KneesRaidUi on a new character and have it set everything to how the original character is set.

Hopefully this is possible (or if it has been done already, please point me in the right direction.)
01-15-09, 10:09 AM   #2
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

I used LoadIT for mod management, and most mods come with built in profiling, which are remembered for that mod/char.
Shaman [Elemental] - 77
Mage [Frost] - 76
Priest [Shadow] - 75
Hunter [Beast] - 72
01-15-09, 11:34 AM   #3
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Auren View Post
I used LoadIT for mod management, and most mods come with built in profiling, which are remembered for that mod/char.
The op is well aware of that, and is looking for a solution to handle that built-in profiling. I agree that when you set up all your addons for a character, and then you have to go select all the right profiles on another character as well ... then it can take some time and it's rather annoying.
01-15-09, 11:35 AM   #4
kneemon
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Auren View Post
I realize most mods come with profiles, and i think that is great. My issue is that the profiles are not standardized. I dont want to set potentially 30 profiles when i log in a new char, thats what i was hoping a tool like this would do.

I think it could be done in a macro to be honest:
/sb setProfile John1

But it would be nice if an addon could see which addons you have installed and allow you to select which profile from which addon you want to load..
01-15-09, 02:18 PM   #5
Auren
An Aku'mai Servant

Ahh.. My Apologies, though that was what you ment.
Shaman [Elemental] - 77
Mage [Frost] - 76
Priest [Shadow] - 75
Hunter [Beast] - 72

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Profile Manager