12-26-10, 02:54 AM   #1
gtadem
A Murloc Raider
no atlas loot fu

For the first time since Cataclysm launched, I decided to update my addons. Once in game, clicking on the atlas loot button only brings up what would appear if I was accessing drops in atlas. I am unable to bring up a window where I can choose to view loot that is crafted, PVP rewards, etc.

I realized that atlas loot fu is not in my addons folder. Nor is it within any avilable atlas loot downloads. When I tried using my old atlas loot fu, the game disregarded it and instructed me to remove it as it was no longer in use.

I don't use fubar or whatever. I never have. Yet I've always been able to use atlas loot to view craftable items and such. It was very handy to have in game. Why isn't atlas loot fu included with atlas loot? Where can I get an up to date version of it?

12-26-10, 03:21 AM   #2
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can view craftable items. Atlaslot Fu had nothing to do with that. Many of the new Cataclysm craftables just haven't been added yet, and the developers have been too busy with the holidays.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".

12-26-10, 12:06 PM   #3
gtadem
A Murloc Raider
No... I can't view anything. Not the old craftables, nothing. Except the loot dropped in dungeons. Even the new ones. I'm only restating what I've already posted.

12-26-10, 12:16 PM   #4
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Ok so atlas loot fu has nothing to do with being able to see the items. Fubar data mods are just plugins to allow quick access to data. If you have the atlas loot fubar mod but no atlas loot it will not work. In the same way that if you have atlas loot but no fubar mod then you cannot hope to display the info in the fubar panel.

With that being said. Your stated question is actually 3 questions in 1 and actually provides us with no relevant information as to your problem. So saying " I'm only restating what I've already posted" will not work in this situation.

Now lets break down your question

For the first time since Cataclysm launched, I decided to update my addons. Once in game, clicking on the atlas loot button only brings up what would appear if I was accessing drops in atlas. I am unable to bring up a window where I can choose to view loot that is crafted, PVP rewards, etc.

I realized that atlas loot fu is not in my addons folder. Nor is it within any avilable atlas loot downloads. When I tried using my old atlas loot fu, the game disregarded it and instructed me to remove it as it was no longer in use.
As stated above you do not need atlas loot fu to use atlas loot.

And for the TLDR version

In game type
/al
This should bring up the atlas loot window, if it is still blank then delete all the refrences to atlas loot from your addon folder and delete the saved var's and re download it all.
And in the future please remember that we answer questions based on what you ask, if you ask the wrong questions and or do not give full accurate information we will never be able to help you.

Happy New Year!!

Last edited by Nobgul : 12-26-10 at 12:34 PM.

12-26-10, 01:02 PM   #5
gtadem
A Murloc Raider
Yes, it was stated that I don't need fubar. Fine. I got that the first time. That's not all that was said. For example: "You can view craftable items" which is not true. I cannot view craftable items. Which I had already stated. When I state it again and say it has already been stated, this is true even if the original statment of it wasn't enough to answer.

Originally Posted by gtadem View Post
Once in game, clicking on the atlas loot button only brings up what would appear if I was accessing drops in atlas.
I'm sorry if this is difficult to grasp since this isn't how it's supposed to work, but if I felt it was working, I'd have no reason to post. To help, I'll provide an image. Please re-read what has been stated three times now to verify that it is exactly as I said it was.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1513/tempar.jpg

That's what I get when I click on the atlas loot button. Note that the title of the window is atlas loot. Note that there is no map despite it looking just as it would if it was viewed through atlas, which was stated.

I'm sorry if you take offense to my saying that I'm posting what's already been stated but three posts in, I've posted no new information since the first. I didn't post to fight with random strangers. Perhaps instead of reiterating the one item of info that was given by others and/or maligning me for stating a fact, perhaps ask probing questions if you feel I've not provided enough information.

On my own, the only variable I saw between things working and not working was the presence of atlas loot fu. I've been told that that has no bearing on whether or not atlas loot displays things other than dungeon drops. Fine. So what could be causing this issue then?

I'll even belabor the obvious by stating that previously (normally if you will), clicking on the atlas loot button brought up a vertically rectangular window, brown in color, that had drop down menus, navigation features, a search function, etc. Not what you see in that picture.

12-26-10, 01:14 PM   #6
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Top right of your screen there toggle AL panel.

12-26-10, 01:59 PM   #7
gtadem
A Murloc Raider
Ah, very good. That's still nothing like it looked before. It will still get me what I want and perhaps was always accessible that way. However, this proves that the view and manner of use I'm accustomed to IS because of atlas loot fu.

So does anybody know how I can get a current atlas loot fu?

12-26-10, 02:19 PM   #8
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Yer they totally redesigned the thing.

Ill take a look at atlas loot fu later and see how far out of date it is. If its not very bad ill fix it up.

12-26-10, 02:25 PM   #9
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Broker2Fubar is a long shot but might still work. It hasn't been updated in a long time but the alpha's from wowace might get atlasloots lbd to appear on fubar for you.

12-26-10, 02:28 PM   #10
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

No... I can't view anything. Not the old craftables, nothing. Except the loot dropped in dungeons. Even the new ones. I'm only restating what I've already posted.
Sorry for the confusion. Based on your question, it sounded like you were unable to see the newer craftables/pvp/etc, rather than not being able to see anything within those categories.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".

12-26-10, 03:23 PM   #11
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

However, this proves that the view and manner of use I'm accustomed to IS because of atlas loot fu.
No actually, it isn't. All it proves is that the (very old) pre-Cataclysm version of AtlasLoot you were using was providing you with different loot viewing options than the updated release currently is. Nothing else.

The only thing AtlasLootFu did (and what the current LibDataBroker plugin included with the mod that replaces AtlasLootFu does) is open the main AtlasLoot window and/or its options window. That's it. It doesn't magically allow you to see the crafted items list or anything else.

As stated by a poster above, you can get the same loot viewing options with the current release v6.01.02 that earlier versions did. All you have to do is click that big "Toggle AL Panel" button at the top-center-right of the AtlasLoot frame as shown in your screenshot. Which you have not apparently done. Can also access this panel a different way (more steps needed): through Interface, AddOns, AtlasLoot, Panel, uncheck Hide Panel. That panel has looked like that for a long time.

The first thing to do...always...after doing a major update of a mod and things are not working the way you are accustomed to: check out its options.

Last edited by Zidomo : 12-26-10 at 03:41 PM.

12-26-10, 05:16 PM   #12
gtadem
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Zidomo View Post
No actually, it isn't. All it proves is that the (very old)
I do believe you're the only person that would call the version that provided ruby sanctum drops as "very old" primarily because you are mistaken.

pre-Cataclysm version of AtlasLoot you were using was providing you with different loot viewing options than the updated release currently is.
But how? Via atlas loot fu is my renewed guess.

The only thing AtlasLootFu did (and what the current LibDataBroker plugin included with the mod that replaces AtlasLootFu does) is open the main AtlasLoot window and/or its options window. That's it.
And that is precisely what I'm accustomed to. How does one mount a refutation attempt by repeating the person they're trying to refute I wonder?

As stated by a poster above, you can get the same loot viewing options with the current release v6.01.02 that earlier versions did.
No, an ALTERNATE path to the same information is what was provided. While adequate if I'm forced to settle for it, I'm looking for the way I had always known it to be before... when atlas loot fu was present.

All you have to do is click that big "Toggle AL Panel" button at the top-center-right of the AtlasLoot frame as shown in your screenshot. Which you have not apparently done.
Yet I was able to know that that was in fact an alternate path to the same information. If you're going to use the word apparent, that is what would be apparent. What you're referring to is a pre-conceived notion apparently born out of a desire to be combative.

Can also access this panel a different way (more steps needed): through Interface, AddOns, AtlasLoot, Panel, uncheck Hide Panel. That panel has looked like that for a long time.
If only the thread were about the AL panel toggling. It's not. Anybody calm enough to resist their desire to fight with a stranger without consequence behind the annonymity of the internet would find that apparent.

The first thing to do...always...after doing a major update of a mod and things are not working the way you are accustomed to: check out its options.
It was always the default. As in you press the AL button on your minimap and the following would appear (pic straight from curse, suck it):
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8217/tempho.jpg

Until you can get me there without an atlas loot fu, you're really in no position to launch a pathetic attempt to attack somebody based on generalities and presumptions instead of what's actually being talked about. Prove me wrong. But do it with merit. I'm smarter than you and will be able to continue to dismantle any further childish attempts at flaming.

12-26-10, 06:41 PM   #13
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
It was always the default. As in you press the AL button on your minimap and the following would appear (pic straight from curse, suck it):
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8217/tempho.jpg

Until you can get me there without an atlas loot fu, you're really in no position to launch a pathetic attempt to attack somebody based on generalities and presumptions instead of what's actually being talked about. Prove me wrong. But do it with merit. I'm smarter than you and will be able to continue to dismantle any further childish attempts at flaming.
If you're looking for the minimap button, you can get this back by typing "/al options" into the chatbox and the Minimap Button option is the second one down. If you're looking for the particular view / window that you linked in the second image I believe it no longer exists as the lootbrowser was revamped in version 6:

Originally Posted by AtlasLoot Enhanced
New Features: New loot browser, Quicklook revamp, Wishlist revamp, Heirlooms can now be viewed by lvl, button to switch between price and description.
That's taken from the changelog on the AtlasLoot Enhanced page here on WoWI: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tEnhanced.html

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Sekrin : 12-26-10 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Escaping full stop!

12-26-10, 07:07 PM   #14
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

I do believe you're the only person that would call the version that provided ruby sanctum drops as "very old" primarily because you are mistaken.
v5.11.00 is the first version that provided Ruby Sanctum drops, 6 months ago. In the world of mods with large databases (quest, item, gathering, etc.), 6 months is anywhere from "old" to "very old" depending on your perspective.

The only version number you provided any direct links to or made mention of was the current version 6. Nothing was said about "ruby sanctum drops" from the AtlasLoot you said you used in the past.

But how? Via atlas loot fu is my renewed guess.
Nope. AtlasLootFu doesn't have any effect on the style of the frame you see.

As said before, the only things AtlasLootFu and its replacement built-in minimap button & LDB feeds do is toggle the main AtlasLoot frame and/or option panel. Nothing else. With v6 of the mod, you are only going to get v6's frame design. Not the old one.

There is no option to bring up the old-design frame either. The only way to get the old frame design is to revert back to v5 and its obsolete databases.

As in you press the AL button on your minimap and the following would appear (pic straight from curse, suck it):...
Charming, simply charming. Seriously, get lost dude. Its you who is winding things up looking for a fight and/or attacking. "Prove me wrong", "continue to dismantle any further childish attempts...", etc.. Keep that *&^& in Usenet, not here.

I was only trying to help. Before looking for help again, might want to adjust the attitude. Oh, would you like to do comparative IQ tests?

-----------------

For others: the last v5.11.07 AtlasLootFu will load without issue in the current WoW, along with the current AtlasLoot v6.01.02. But once v6.01.02 detects it at logon, it will show a popup box with the folllowing text + an "Okay" button and then disable AtlasLootFu itself: "AtlasLootFu is no longer in use. Delete it from your Addons folder".

No need really for an update for AtlasLootFu. The mod currently provides both a built-in LDB feed + an optional minimap button. The only thing Fu provided that those don't was access to the option panel. But that's not hard to get to from the button on the AtlasLoot extended panel and/or Interface, Addons.

For those handful of people still using FuBar, would recommend to look at some "Bar Type" type LDB display mods instead from the link I posted before. As well as WowInterface's LDB mod & display listings.

Last edited by Zidomo : 12-26-10 at 07:16 PM.

12-26-10, 07:22 PM   #15
gtadem
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Sekrin View Post
If you're looking for the particular view / window that you linked in the second image I believe it no longer exists as the lootbrowser was revamped in version 6
Very well. I'll just have to go through an extra couple clicks each time I go to use it. Not the end of the world. Thanks for the topical, helpful reply.

v5.11.00 is the first version that provided Ruby Sanctum drops, 6 months ago. In the world of mods with large databases (quest, item, gathering, etc.), 6 months is anywhere from "old" to "very old" depending on your perspective.
Well the perspective of the general populace is that the age of a database isn't determined by time elapsed, but stage of relevance of the information contained within. See, in the World of Warcraft, Ruby Sanctum was the last loot added before Cataclysm, making it 2nd to current. Translation: anything but "very old". Sure 4.0 converted triumph to JP and the shattering did away with ZG and other adjustments, but as you yourself said...

The only version number you provided any direct links to or made mention of was the current version 6. Nothing was said about "ruby sanctum drops" from the AtlasLoot you said you used in the past.
That's right. No version was stated. You took offense to me or something I said, couldn't combat me with a meritous counterpoint or argument, and decided instead to employ manipulative verbiage such as "very old" to try and subliminally come out on top because your chosen adversary was trying to playback a CD in his 8 track player. As if I'd be too stupid to notice or too timid to put you in your place, which isn't here.

Oh and you keep saying LDB, but no such thing was present in current atlas or atlas loot. Something to keep in mind before blindly stating that it was. I can get to the information I wanted, just not in the format I was accustomed to. So be it. The thread is over. Let's see if you can leave it as such.

12-26-10, 08:36 PM   #16
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Well the perspective of the general populace is that the age of a database isn't determined by time elapsed, but stage of relevance of the information contained within.
Cute. I was speaking about the age of the mod, not its database. The mod's database wasn't the problem you came here with, it was the mod's frame/options/etc.. Which the age/development date of the mod in this circumstance has a real effect on.

You took offense to me or something I said, couldn't combat me with a meritous counterpoint or argument, and decided instead to employ manipulative verbiage such as "very old" to try and subliminally come out on top because your chosen adversary ....The thread is over. Let's see if you can leave it as such.
Says the person who has been hostile & combative towards a lot of the help here (including the forum moderator ). No actually, I was initially trying to help with accurate data based on the limited, varying information you provided about your problems. Help based on massive, extensive mod testing experience here (have close to 1000 comments in the mod comments here, more than that on WowAce. Its posters like this that keep my willingness to join the forums here more often down).

You are the one getting fired up & distorting things into "combat", "fighting" and all the rest. You are seeing "maniuplative verbage" where none exists. Just let it go.

What I initially said was true then and remains the case: whatever issues you were having has no relation to AtlasLootFu...or the lack of it. It took several posts to determine what the various issues were, the final one being that the frame you can bring up with v6 was not what you really wanted to see (the old v5 design). My first statement about AtlasLootFu applied to all the issues, as you emphasized it incorrectly as being a likely solution.

Oh and you keep saying LDB, but no such thing was present in current atlas or atlas loot. Something to keep in mind before blindly stating that it was.
When asking for help, it usually is of benefit to keep in mind not to express such certainty and combativeness.

(And yes, based on this offensive feedback from someone asking for help, its now got my back up a bit...heh).

No actually, the current AtlasLoot does in fact have a built-in LDB feed, as well as a minimap button. Check out the AtlasLoot\Core\MiniMap-LDB.lua file. And/or install a LDB display (I've linked to further information several times in this thread).

12-26-10, 09:11 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That's quite enough here.

Here are a few links for your enjoyment:
Forum/Site Rules:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...84&postcount=2
Tips on how to ask questions, get your point across, and not be rude:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
We will not have someone coming here trying to demoralize staff and others while they provide help. If you want help, then you act like it. If you're an ass, the those helping will turn on you. Enough said. Both sides will get a whipping, but I don't think I've seen anyone meriting a verbal lashing other than the OP so far.

And you're correct. This thread is done. I'm locking it.

PS- Tip for Life: while you may think that you have made your points clear in your opening post, there obviously must have been some miscommunication if it took several posts in for people to really know what your problem was and what you were looking for. Deal with it. Learn that you're not perfect, and if someone doesn't understand what you want, you need to find a different way of explaining it - modestly - not saying "I already told you, you must be dumb."
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » no atlas loot fu