01-29-08, 12:17 PM   #1
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Julie's UI

So this morning I've been plotting a new UI for my girlfriend. Here's a concept screenshot I finished and I'm quite satisfied with the results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sUIconcept.jpg

The dashboard texture you see there is completely original artwork done by me, I did not rip that from anything unlike my UI I'm using for myself.

And please, use constructive criticism and note that this is PRE-CONSTRUCTION. Just the blueprints and a texture, nothing more.
01-29-08, 12:29 PM   #2
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by PerfectH View Post
So this morning I've been plotting a new UI for my girlfriend. Here's a concept screenshot I finished and I'm quite satisfied with the results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...sUIconcept.jpg

The dashboard texture you see there is completely original artwork done by me, I did not rip that from anything unlike my UI I'm using for myself.

And please, use constructive criticism and note that this is PRE-CONSTRUCTION. Just the blueprints and a texture, nothing more.
Looks nice so far but really hard to tell at this stage... just so many variables that can make or break a ui. The layout looks very standard and I'd suggest that you make sure that the layout you end up with fits your playstyle. Everyone is different so make yourself happy with whatever you choose.
01-29-08, 12:33 PM   #3
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by erica647 View Post
Looks nice so far but really hard to tell at this stage... just so many variables that can make or break a ui. The layout looks very standard and I'd suggest that you make sure that the layout you end up with fits your playstyle. Everyone is different so make yourself happy with whatever you choose.
Can't argue that.

Like I said this is for my gf, so I'm going to try to sit her down and have her give some input, likes and dislikes.... about the UI that is :P

Except she's at work atm...and the realms are down so... yeah.

But thank you for your positive feedback, much appreciated!
01-29-08, 12:39 PM   #4
FrOsT_SeEr™
A Murloc Raider

I think there are too many action buttons but it looks nice.
01-29-08, 12:41 PM   #5
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I noticed that you posted a response to my ui thread too. I responded to that thread with where I believe I got that font if you're interested. Good luck and looking forward to seeing what that ui looks like as you move forward and get some real elements in it.
01-29-08, 12:45 PM   #6
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by FrOsT_SeEr™ View Post
I think there are too many action buttons but it looks nice.
Thanks!

I thought the same thing about the action buttons, but realistically, thats how many action buttons WoW gives you by default. Because you have action bar pages 1-6, then you have your special/pet action buttons.

I did the same thing with my own UI, I have 6 action bars showing, then I used the hot keys that were used to scroll through the action bars for something else such as macros. Thats what I'm hoping to get her to do with this one once I'm finished.
01-29-08, 01:13 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I personally think it's a bit too tall. It takes up almost 1/3 of the screen. So, either get a viewport mod to change the rendered area of the game (so 1/3 of it's not hidded behind the textures) or condense. Focus/ToT could be flush with the top of the minimap. Moving down the buttons. If you make her bars that small, they will seem too small. Unless she has a big monitor. Also, think about whether she needs two chat frames up all the time. What about the cast bar? Pet frame and pet bar could be better integrated, as well.

But it's a good start.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-29-08, 01:15 PM   #8
Kjiara
A Fallenroot Satyr
Concept looks realy nice, mh.. i miss group setting ( raid setting probably too but not really at wow startup *g* )

with an bar addon there are 4 more rows ( though standard is 10 rows from addons or? ) which can be used so, the action buttons not really many on the screenshot, only a little bit small i think

mfg.
Kjichen

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Julie's UI