12-21-05, 03:53 PM   #1
magicof1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
new add on needed

if anyone is able to I could really use a addon that would let you set player names tags different colors for things like group and raid and even guilds. so you would be able to spot them in places like the AH. I think the game dark age of camalot does something like this so I don't see that it would be to hard.
12-21-05, 05:08 PM   #2
noraj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
there is no way to do this in WoW...sorry
12-24-05, 07:54 AM   #3
JIM the Inventor
A Cyclonian

I don't know why Noraj would say that. All the tools and information are there: who's in your guild, how to set a color, ... heck, the Blizzard XMLs for auction house were recently exposed to the AddOn folders, even.

I'd use this mod if it existed. I can't create it right now - got some projects on the back burner ...
12-24-05, 08:36 AM   #4
Logdan
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by JIM the Inventor
I don't know why Noraj would say that. All the tools and information are there: who's in your guild, how to set a color, ... heck, the Blizzard XMLs for auction house were recently exposed to the AddOn folders, even.
I believe the OP is asking to modify the colors for name tags over players head's. Those name tags are part of the 3D environment and not accessible through the scripting API.

Noraj is correct, this can not be done.
12-27-05, 05:04 PM   #5
JIM the Inventor
A Cyclonian

Ah - of course he is. I did misunderstand.
Given that that is what was meant, I concur.

Though it would still be interesting to color code names inside the auction interface ...
01-02-06, 08:23 AM   #6
Qiu
A Murloc Raider
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4168
Arcadia Logos is about the closest you will get. It puts your logo over different people (that you specify). Technically it puts the logo above the mouse when you mouse over someone.

Takes some configuration, but this is as close as you are going to get.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » new add on needed