03-26-11, 06:43 AM   #1
danbopes
A Defias Bandit
Quick Suggestion

This has been fustrating me a lot, and it's annoying that something like this hasn't been implemented yet.

You have a "Whats Hot?" on the homepage with 10 of the most downloaded items...I want to see more. You have no "Top Addons" anywhere on the site, other then that box, and you are limited to 10 items. I'd like to see a massive list, just sorted by most downloaded, which I can do per category, but not globally.

Just a suggestion.
-Daniel
03-26-11, 08:10 AM   #2
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/latest.php
03-26-11, 09:52 AM   #3
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I doubt that is what the OP was looking for, Aprikot (as that is simply a list of the 200 most recently submitted addons).

If I am understanding the request/suggestion correctly, that can be done with the site in its current form.

Each category's page has the same set of filters/sorters atop each column (AddOn/File Name, Author, Size, Downloads, and Last Updated). Just click on the Downloads filter to get what you are looking for.

03-26-11, 11:11 AM   #4
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

I did totally misread the OP sry dan
03-26-11, 03:13 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
I doubt that is what the OP was looking for, Aprikot (as that is simply a list of the 200 most recently submitted addons).

If I am understanding the request/suggestion correctly, that can be done with the site in its current form.

Each category's page has the same set of filters/sorters atop each column (AddOn/File Name, Author, Size, Downloads, and Last Updated). Just click on the Downloads filter to get what you are looking for.
Originally Posted by Aprikot View Post
I did totally misread the OP sry dan
Just use the link posted above and click on the Download column. It will sort it up or down from least to most downloads.
03-27-11, 09:42 AM   #6
danbopes
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Nobgul View Post
Just use the link posted above and click on the Download column. It will sort it up or down from least to most downloads.
Again, you are sorting only the top 200 recent submissions. There needs to be a way to sort all the addons.
03-27-11, 11:28 AM   #7
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

try it. And look at the dates on the addons. Unless your trying to tell me that a addon updated in 2008 would happen to be one of the last 200 recent submissions.

As i said sort latest by downloads the 6th addon down is Omen Threat meter. Posted in 2010.

Group calendar 4 in the top 25 of that list last update pushed 2009.

Last edited by Nobgul : 03-27-11 at 11:31 AM.
03-27-11, 11:51 AM   #8
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Lol, I see some 2008 entries in the "top 50 downloaded".
03-27-11, 02:37 PM   #9
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

top 50 downloaded is something totally different from what they are saying. They are saying that when you sort the latest 200 by download that it is not including all of the addons. I knew it was but still, I talked to dolby and verified When you sort the top 200 by any of the criteria it changes to show ALL addons. Yes the header says latest but its not.
03-27-11, 04:45 PM   #10
danbopes
A Defias Bandit
Regardless, it's not user-friendly. I'm not the only person coming here to look for top downloaded addons. Should be an easier way to pull up all the top downloads.
03-27-11, 04:47 PM   #11
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
03-28-11, 04:40 PM   #12
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I prefer a sort that includes 'updated for X.0' but for some reason, no one gets around to marking those that weren't updated because they're still compatible.

-Crissa

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Quick Suggestion