01-10-11, 05:09 PM   #1
dwiechman
A Fallenroot Satyr
mouse problems

First of all, I'd like to start out by saying I am not sure what this problem is and have had no luck identifying the source, but here goes:

I am using the Steelseries Wow Special Edition mouse (not the new Cataclysm version). I've been using it for some time now with no trouble, until recently.

At random moments in the game, I can not click on action buttons on any of the action bars. I have to ctrl+alt+del in order to go to task manager and click cancel before it allows me to start clicking on things again.

I am running dual monitors also, and whn this happens, if I move the mouse to the right screen (I play on the left screen) and attempt to click on anything, it will reposition the mouse in the dead middle of my left screen.

I am running Kaspersky 2010 and have scanned my system like 7 times, reinstalled Windows 7, and still nothing. I reloaded the Steelseries Mouse driver twice now, and this is not helping anything.

I'm fresh out of ideas, and ctrl+alt+del is a bad way to deal with this crap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

01-11-11, 12:20 AM   #2
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

first question would be, does it only do it in WoW?
2nd question, have u tried changing usb ports for u mouse? could be a faulty connection,

cause from i have read here, sounds like a issue with the mouse or the connection.

01-11-11, 10:36 AM   #3
dwiechman
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Solgath View Post
first question would be, does it only do it in WoW?
2nd question, have u tried changing usb ports for u mouse? could be a faulty connection,

cause from i have read here, sounds like a issue with the mouse or the connection.
I just sent the mouse back to Steelseries. If it is the problem, then with any luck, it'll be fixed.

01-12-11, 04:38 PM   #4
dwiechman
A Fallenroot Satyr
I think you were right, and it was the mouse all along. I am using a cordless mouse now and I have had no issues with not being able to click things.

I can't wait to get my old mouse back though, cause this one sucks.

01-18-11, 06:53 AM   #5
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm - haven't seen that one. Did you install the software and it detected the correct profile?

Marth

01-19-11, 11:39 AM   #6
dwiechman
A Fallenroot Satyr
Well, I was at a buddy's house with the mouse, and in the process of me being there, it shocked me... I mean, not 120v, but ever since, the mouse hadn't worked correctly...

now, I have my old pos cordless mouse and I'm not having the same issues. On the other hand, it is a normal mouse and I totally miss my old mouse.

01-19-11, 12:07 PM   #7
Wasgij
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is a Steel-series Mouse issue . Since the release of Cata the drive has been glitchy they are aware of it and are working on the issue ..... I had the same issue with my WotlK mouse.

01-27-11, 09:00 PM   #8
dwiechman
A Fallenroot Satyr
Turns out, the mouse had a short in it at button 4 that caused the problem. They gave me a new mouse.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » mouse problems