07-12-10, 07:40 PM   #1
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Known Connection Error's And Patching Bugs.

After reading the official Cataclysm Beta Forums I noticed 70 or so threads about connection issues and the such. Figured we could keep a consolidated list here.

As new issues are encountered and answered I will update this thread.

7-12-10 9:39 EST - Login Server Is busy

07-12-10, 09:16 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
This thread has had some fixes in it (if it is the same problem that myself and others have had): http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...eNo=1&sid=2000

Try page 5.

(And ALWAYS ALWAYS run a virus scan on any file you download from an unknown source.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-12-10, 09:25 PM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Ty Seerah I tried that first . Althought I think my issues may be because my live account has not synced with the beta yet or something similar. I am also unable to post on the forums there. When i click on the portait on the top right to select who to post as i just get 2 empty tabs. I did transfer 2 "toons" and 1 premade.

07-12-10, 11:36 PM   #4
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by nobgul View Post
Ty Seerah I tried that first . Althought I think my issues may be because my live account has not synced with the beta yet or something similar. I am also unable to post on the forums there. When i click on the portait on the top right to select who to post as i just get 2 empty tabs. I did transfer 2 "toons" and 1 premade.
I was reading further, it says you can use the repair.exe for your live, and that may fix this.

07-12-10, 11:46 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
I was reading further, it says you can use the repair.exe for your live, and that may fix this.

Both myself and lowlee deleted the beta and repaired live and reinstalled. lowlee used the patches out of his old beta file and I re downloaded the patches. No go on both 0_o.

But thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited by Nobgul : 07-12-10 at 11:51 PM.

07-13-10, 12:01 AM   #6
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Both myself and lowlee deleted the beta and repaired live and reinstalled. lowlee used the patches out of his old beta file and I re downloaded the patches. No go on both 0_o.

But thank you for the suggestion.
I mean, use the repair tool with the beta installed, since they are both linked. Since there is no repair tool for the cata beta file, use the live one while you have the new beta patched and installed to full already, and see if that works?

if not, oh well sorry i couldn't help

07-13-10, 12:04 AM   #7
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
I mean, use the repair tool with the beta installed, since they are both linked. Since there is no repair tool for the cata beta file, use the live one while you have the new beta patched and installed to full already, and see if that works?

if not, oh well sorry i couldn't help
Lol thanks ill try it.

I did the repair with the beta installed then deleted the beta i didn't think about even trying to start up the beta after i repaired hrmmm. Here goes another repair for science.

07-13-10, 12:11 AM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Copying from the other thread:

Hoping that http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...19535&sid=2000 will fix the problem with both logging into game, and with picking your character to post with on the beta forums. If not, will start bugging people at Blizzard directly, tomorrow.

07-13-10, 12:17 AM   #9
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Lol thanks ill try it.

I did the repair with the beta installed then deleted the beta i didn't think about even trying to start up the beta after i repaired hrmmm. Here goes another repair for science.
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Copying from the other thread:
Thank You Cairenn,

I tried that first.

I ran the repair on the live install of wow. It did reset the utos and stuff on the beta but still getting the login server is busy error. Oh well we can add that to the list of non working fixes. I am at work so i have all night to sit here and be bored and figure this out =P

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Known Connection Error's And Patching Bugs.