10-25-14, 03:12 PM   #1
Triksterism
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Changing default Bartender bar 1

By default RealUI has 10 buttons for the main action bar (the one in the middle of the screen). I've always preferred 12 buttons. This is easy to change of course but not without issues.

For example:

I change RealUI to stop managing Bartender's position. Then I can go to Baretender, change Bar 1 to be 12 buttons (instead of 10) and click "Center horizontally" to adjust the position. Boom, it works fine except if I swap to a different layout (DPS --> Healing). Since RealUI isn't managing the position anymore, this causes overlap in the healing layout (the castbar icon overlaps the actionbar somewhat).

So I went digging in Interface\AddOns\nibRealUI\Core\AddonData and located Bartender4.lua. Inside of which I found two sections where ["buttons"] = 10 that matched the proper Y axis position. I proceeded to change them both to 12 buttons and adjusted the X axis accordingly. Afterwards I restarted WoW, re-deleted all my RealUI settings manually from my WTF subfolders and logged in. Nothing changed, RealUI defaulted to 10 buttons on the main actionbar.

Code:
["buttons"] = 12,
["version"] = 3,
["fadeoutalpha"] = 0,
["position"] = {
     ["y"] = -199.5,
     ["x"] = -171.5,
     ["point"] = "CENTER",
},
Is there another .lua file that controls the settings I am trying to change?

Last edited by Triksterism : 10-25-14 at 03:20 PM.
10-25-14, 03:30 PM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
I just looked at this ingame. With RealUI Control still on, the action bars would maintain center if you change the setting from the Config Bar.

10-25-14, 03:34 PM   #3
Triksterism
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gethe View Post
I just looked at this ingame. With RealUI Control still on, the action bars would maintain center if you change the setting from the Config Bar.
Apparently I love to make things much more difficult than they need to ever be. For whatever reason I always edited things via the bartender config instead of the super easy 'right infront of my dumb face' realui config section where I can change the same settings + have them stick the way I would like.

Thanks for the response. Sorry for the dumb question :P

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Changing default Bartender bar 1