05-31-10, 07:33 PM   #261
durridt
A Murloc Raider
I've been trying for days to use the advanced bar features. I have the following working.

Driver Bar
Combat Bar
Shift Combat Bar
Alt Combat bar
Stealth Bar
Shift Stealth Bar
Alt Combat Bar
Normal Bar (non-combat)
Shift Normal Bar
Alt Normal Bar
This works Beautifully; UNTIL I try to add key bindings.

I've tried the permutations of locking and prioritizing different bindings. Still I cannot use, e.g. 1 being unique for each option (Combat, combat-alt, combat-shift, Normal, Normal Alt, Normal Shift, Stealth, Stealth-alt, Stealth-shift).

Is there any way to do this with the "driver-workhorse" bar model.

Thanks for reading this

06-01-10, 11:13 AM   #262
AliasWit
A Murloc Raider
Accidentally added an erroneous key-binding, or rather I clicked a second keybind over an existing button that already had the keybind I want to use. Now both show up as the keybind for the button.

I've looked and looked and looked... how do you delete or clear the existing keybinds from a button that is a part of a set bar so you can do a fresh keybind?

EDIT!

Nevermind, I found it!

"To clear a binding, mouse-over the button and hit ESC."

Last edited by AliasWit : 06-01-10 at 11:16 AM.

06-12-10, 11:07 AM   #263
Ezmaralda
A Fallenroot Satyr

Unhappy Bars and Buttons

hate to sound stupid, but i cannot figure out how to get buttons onto the bars.

Nvm, I found it. But I want to say i thought Macaroon would add extra bars of it's own. To my embarassment, when I made Bar 1, all the spells on my Action Bar 1 were replaced with the macros.

Last edited by Ezmaralda : 06-13-10 at 10:38 AM.

06-18-10, 01:22 AM   #264
sonjitree
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation profiles!

I used Insomniax in the past and have profiles for all of my 13 characters. I have loaded Windows 7 and have kept the profiles. I have reloaded the game and the newest macaroon for it. I cannot figure out how to get the profiles back in the game. I have added them to every "add-on" profile section for macaroon that I can think of. Am I needing to add it somewhere else? Please help! I do not want to redo all of my characters... again.

06-19-10, 09:04 PM   #265
Easternwind
A Kobold Labourer
I recently switched to Macaroon, and while poking around faqs, etc I found this nifty video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64TVWGRJxA

For those who don't like to click links, it has a mage who set-up Macaroons to basically expand bars out from a single button when clicked.

I would love to do the same thing for some of my stuff, but I am a bit unsure on how to do so.

I read the FAQ on Macaroon to make really complicated bars, so I get the basic idea that this is linked-state driven bar; however, I am not sure what state I need to be inputting to get the state change. Or maybe I have the whole thing wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

06-27-10, 06:32 PM   #266
ajester099
A Kobold Labourer
Get the name of a bar

I am attempting to use KGPanels to call an entire 'bar' and make it visible when I press a macro. Currently I can do this only by coding 1 button at a time. How would one find the name of an entire bar rather than just a button.

This script:
/print GetMouseFocus():GetName()

Tells me what the button names are...

I.E. MacaroonButton12

Also, when I am in bar edit mode it gives me a name...

I.E. MacaroonBar3

However, when I code:

if MacaroonBars3 then
if released then
if MacaroonBars3:IsShown() then
MacaroonBars3:Hide()
else
MacaroonBars3:Show()
end
end
end

It actually puts me into bar edit mode instead of showing the bar.

Long post short, how do I get an entire BARS name instead of just button names?

Thanks in advance! Best bar mod ever!

07-06-10, 05:20 PM   #267
Surjadora
A Kobold Labourer
Create/show a bar in combat

Hello all!
I open a Macaroon Bar with a panel of KGPanels. If I click on the panel, the bar is showing. Out of combat that works fine. But in combat the bar doesn’t shown. I think the problem is, that you can’t create or change Macaroon bars in combat.
Do you have an idea to fix this problem?

Thanks!

07-17-10, 06:02 AM   #268
Kou
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Easternwind View Post
I recently switched to Macaroon, and while poking around faqs, etc I found this nifty video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64TVWGRJxA

For those who don't like to click links, it has a mage who set-up Macaroons to basically expand bars out from a single button when clicked.

I would love to do the same thing for some of my stuff, but I am a bit unsure on how to do so.

I read the FAQ on Macaroon to make really complicated bars, so I get the basic idea that this is linked-state driven bar; however, I am not sure what state I need to be inputting to get the state change. Or maybe I have the whole thing wrong.

Any help is appreciated.
You basically have to play with it. If you read the FAQ I think it is, it'll give you a bit of insight on how to set up macro's using the commands. I just recently made my own little ui. Took me forever and I am still tweaking it. My suggestion is just go ahead and play around with it till you find something you like, then curse yourself when you find an easier way to do it. Lol.

Look at how to make the expanding macro button in one of the additional macaroon addons. Its what he used and just tweaked it from linear to circular. I think ><

Last edited by Kou : 07-17-10 at 06:07 AM.

08-31-10, 08:29 AM   #269
drgn
A Kobold Labourer
Hi there,
just wondering if its possible to do show conditions based on having auras?

for example, only show exorcism with art of war, or how when opponent has less than 20%
trying to dig up the expected syntax for visability/states and not having much luck :/

08-31-10, 08:41 AM   #270
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ajester099 View Post
I am attempting to use KGPanels to call an entire 'bar' and make it visible when I press a macro. Currently I can do this only by coding 1 button at a time. How would one find the name of an entire bar rather than just a button.

This script:
/print GetMouseFocus():GetName()

Tells me what the button names are...

I.E. MacaroonButton12

Also, when I am in bar edit mode it gives me a name...

I.E. MacaroonBar3

However, when I code:

if MacaroonBars3 then
if released then
if MacaroonBars3:IsShown() then
MacaroonBars3:Hide()
else
MacaroonBars3:Show()
end
end
end

It actually puts me into bar edit mode instead of showing the bar.

Long post short, how do I get an entire BARS name instead of just button names?

Thanks in advance! Best bar mod ever!
/print GetMouseFocus():GetParent()

09-23-10, 11:42 AM   #271
phindar
A Kobold Labourer
Some stupid questions for you guys. Please don't be to harsh on me. I am really a noob.

first, Why doesn't my bar menu (right click menu) show a possess state? I do not have a vehicle either state
Is there a way to add that state even if doesn't show in that menu?

second, sometimes, when I add new bars, they inherit action button numbers that were in use in another bar (sometimes a bar that's not displayed because it could be a duel spec bar or so). When I modify the new bar, it ends modifying a bar that shared the original button.
Is there a way to "sort" the action buttons so that it doesn't pick button IDs that are already in use?

Third, sometimes when I switch specs, my action bars will not show some buttons. If I go to my spellbook and start to drag the spell, the button will immediately display the actions (that were blank a second earlier). Any idea why?

Last, and the main reason I write, how can I add the blood queen's possession button if I don't have a possess bar?

Additional information:
I have the Enable Blizzard vehicle bar "chekced"
the other options that I have checked are: button tooltips, key bind text, macro text, count text

Thanks for your help!

09-28-10, 02:25 PM   #272
Echolalia
A Murloc Raider
I love this addon and have been using it since its Trinity days. I've used the custom states to great success but have a question.

I'm looking to have a bar popup when specific bosses are set as my focus.

example:

[focus=Lord Morrowgar]
[focus=Professor Putricide]

so when each of those bosses are set as my focus a different set of buttons will appear. Does anyone know if this will work?

09-28-10, 03:17 PM   #273
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Echolalia View Post
I love this addon and have been using it since its Trinity days. I've used the custom states to great success but have a question.

I'm looking to have a bar popup when specific bosses are set as my focus.

example:

[focus=Lord Morrowgar]
[focus=Professor Putricide]

so when each of those bosses are set as my focus a different set of buttons will appear. Does anyone know if this will work?
It would only work if Lord Morrowgar could be in your party :/
names only work for current party/raid members, so unfortunately, the answer would be no (I assume macroon is using the StateHeaders, which accept macro conditionals)

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>

09-28-10, 03:33 PM   #274
Echolalia
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xubera View Post
It would only work if Lord Morrowgar could be in your party :/
names only work for current party/raid members, so unfortunately, the answer would be no (I assume macroon is using the StateHeaders, which accept macro conditionals)
Thanks, yeah i think you're right about the conditionals.

Guess I'll just have to use [group:raid] and be mroe creative. thanks for the feedback.

10-05-10, 09:29 AM   #275
Muaziz
A Murloc Raider
Holy Priest -- Chakra / Holy Word issue

I have a question that might be unique to Holy Priests that have the new Chakra talent *and* Revelations.

What Revelations does is that while you are under one of the 3 Chakra effects (Heal, Renew, or PoH), the "Holy Word: Chastise" spell actually becomes a different spell depending on the state (HW: Asipire, HW: Serenity, HW: Sanctuary).

When I use the normal Blizzard bars, the "Holy Word: Chastise" spell changes to whichever spell it becomes. However, in Macaroon, the spell does not change, and as a result, I cannot cast the modified Holy Word spell. If I click the "Holy Word: Chastise" button, it says the target is invalid which makes sense.

I am not aware of any other spells that have this ability where they actually (temporarily) become another spell.

I tried fixing this using a Macro, but it appears that using "/cast Holy Word: xxx" is not working for any of those spells for some reason (this would be a Blizzard bug).

Is it possible to set up a state based on whether or not I have the Chakra buff? If I can do that, I can possibly make different bars based on my Chakra to cast the 3 variations of the Holy Word.

10-05-10, 09:45 AM   #276
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Muaziz View Post
I have a question that might be unique to Holy Priests that have the new Chakra talent *and* Revelations.

What Revelations does is that while you are under one of the 3 Chakra effects (Heal, Renew, or PoH), the "Holy Word: Chastise" spell actually becomes a different spell depending on the state (HW: Asipire, HW: Serenity, HW: Sanctuary).

When I use the normal Blizzard bars, the "Holy Word: Chastise" spell changes to whichever spell it becomes. However, in Macaroon, the spell does not change, and as a result, I cannot cast the modified Holy Word spell. If I click the "Holy Word: Chastise" button, it says the target is invalid which makes sense.

I am not aware of any other spells that have this ability where they actually (temporarily) become another spell.

I tried fixing this using a Macro, but it appears that using "/cast Holy Word: xxx" is not working for any of those spells for some reason (this would be a Blizzard bug).

Is it possible to set up a state based on whether or not I have the Chakra buff? If I can do that, I can possibly make different bars based on my Chakra to cast the 3 variations of the Holy Word.
This is something I will have to investigate. This sounds similar to the new Moonkin Eclipse mechanic of Moonfire changing into Sunfire. The question I have for you is does a Blizzard macro on a Blizzard button with the same macro commands as your button in Macaroon behave as expected? This issue could be the macro parser on Blizzard's end, which is the case of the Moonkin issue.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-05-10, 10:13 AM   #277
Muaziz
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
This is something I will have to investigate. This sounds similar to the new Moonkin Eclipse mechanic of Moonfire changing into Sunfire. The question I have for you is does a Blizzard macro on a Blizzard button with the same macro commands as your button in Macaroon behave as expected? This issue could be the macro parser on Blizzard's end, which is the case of the Moonkin issue.
I found a simple way around this. I was using a Macro by default rather than an Action Id for my "Holy Word: Chastise".

To fix this, I enabled the Blizzard bar, added "Holy Word: Chastise" (e.g., in slot number 6 of bar 1). Then I hid the bar again. I then edited the button to use "action id:6" rather than "macro". When I did this, the button correctly changed spell while in different Chakra states.

I also tried fixing this using macros, but could not get it to work. But the approach I described will work great as long as you don't need to macro it.

10-05-10, 10:20 AM   #278
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Muaziz View Post
I found a simple way around this. I was using a Macro by default rather than an Action Id for my "Holy Word: Chastise".

To fix this, I enabled the Blizzard bar, added "Holy Word: Chastise" (e.g., in slot number 6 of bar 1). Then I hid the bar again. I then edited the button to use "action id:6" rather than "macro". When I did this, the button correctly changed spell while in different Chakra states.

I also tried fixing this using macros, but could not get it to work. But the approach I described will work great as long as you don't need to macro it.
I was going to suggest that too So far my investigation on the Cata beta server is that this issue is identical to the Moonkin one. On the beta, the proper spell casts, it is just the icon/tooltip do not update. This goes for a Blizzard macro on a Blizzard button as well. If this issue goes live, I have a solution for it. I will not have a fix for the live servers, though, until the Cata pre-launch patch hits the live servers.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-07-10, 03:05 PM   #279
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Hey maul, I got a question about my macros ><

/cast [mod:alt, @player][@mouseover, help, nodead]Prayer of Mending;[@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Mind Blast; Prayer of Mending

/cast [mod:alt, @player][@mouseover,help,nodead]Regrowth; [@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Wrath; Regrowth

the top macro is my priests, and it works

the bottom is my druids, and it works, but then it doesnt work when i go into combat. and it doesnt work after combat until i hit bar edit, but then it works without adjust any settings. so confused. my bar only has the control bar checked for vehicles which my priest also has. Everythign else is default settings

edit::when i hit the keybind for the macro, the combat log tries to cast Wrath on an invalid target (im guessing me, because im holding alt) However, if l click the macro while holding alt, that seems to work now... so confused ><

edit::Okay now it seems that once combat starts, it works on my target only with the keybindings...

edit::Figured it out. I still had bartender running in the background as I tried to remember my kkey placements... wonder why that makes it mess up with the keybinds changed >.>

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>

Last edited by Xubera : 10-07-10 at 03:13 PM.

10-07-10, 05:47 PM   #280
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Xubera View Post
edit::Figured it out. I still had bartender running in the background as I tried to remember my kkey placements... wonder why that makes it mess up with the keybinds changed >.>
Yay!

Edit: The following brought to you by WoWI - "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Macaroon Official Thread