07-17-09, 12:36 PM   #1
Twidget
An Aku'mai Servant

Looking for add on to...

Hi,
I am looking for a simple add on that will allow me to move the default loot and loot roll windows. That's all. Does anyone know of one?

I found one that allowed me to move (and only that) the default tip window. Now I just need to move the loot stuff to finish getting my UI setup the way I would like.

Thanks,
Twidget

Edit: Interestingly I noticed that when I loot something I can actually click and drag the loot window on my screen so something has unlocked it. Not sure what. But it doesn't stay where I placed it. The next thing I loot it pops back up in the upper left corner.

Last edited by Twidget : 07-17-09 at 12:39 PM.
07-17-09, 12:55 PM   #2
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're looking for teksLoot.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
07-17-09, 01:27 PM   #3
jasje
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Xloot is also a very good loot replacer

link can be found HERE

Tukui | Github
07-17-09, 01:47 PM   #4
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Butsu is a small replacement for the default loot frame. It supports showing more than four items, and has a slick look. It doesn't have any settings, except the that it obeys the "Open loot frame at mouse".

You can move the frame by holding down <Alt> and clicking on the title.
07-18-09, 01:53 PM   #5
Twidget
An Aku'mai Servant

One more...

Thanks!

I tried that Butsu one and like it.

One more question (well, for now any way)...

Is there a mod that will allow you to anchor the tool tips that are displayed when you put your mouse over something in your back pack? I hate that the tip covers up everything else in the bag making it difficult to look at things without removing your cursor from the bag and swooping in again.

I already use Tiptac for the other tips but it does not seem to effect the tips from the back pack and bags.

Thanks again for all your help,
Twidget
07-18-09, 03:15 PM   #6
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

TipTac allows you to move the tooltip anchor. It is a button on the bottom left of the config UI screen that pops up when you enter /tip
07-18-09, 07:57 PM   #7
Twidget
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
TipTac allows you to move the tooltip anchor. It is a button on the bottom left of the config UI screen that pops up when you enter /tip
No, I know that. I already do that but that anchor is for the tooltip that displays say when you put your mouse over a spell on your tool bar or over a player or npc. I am not talking about that tooltip. I am talking about the tooltip that displays when you put your mouse over an object in your bags. The tip that at that point is anchored to your mouse which tiptac doesn't appear to have any control over.

I am looking for a mod that will allow me to move and anchor that tooltip somewhere away from the bags because I hate the way the tip cover the rest of the bag.

Thanks,
Twidget
07-18-09, 11:16 PM   #8
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I checked the anchor tab in tiptac and it does not appear to offer the option I remember from cowtips. There is a setting to change to get the item unit frame away from the mouse but I do not see it offered.

Sorry -- Mx
07-19-09, 04:55 AM   #9
Twidget
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
I checked the anchor tab in tiptac and it does not appear to offer the option I remember from cowtips. There is a setting to change to get the item unit frame away from the mouse but I do not see it offered.

Sorry -- Mx

Hmmm... I went and got Cowtips. It is still showing the tooltip at the cursor for items in my bags and I don't see a place in Cowtips to configure it otherwise. Am I missing it?

Thanks for all your patience and help
Twidget
07-19-09, 07:51 AM   #10
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, I thought it was that but I guess memory gets clouded after 6 months of swapping addons around. The only one left that was in my system at that time with the power to move things like that is Pitbull 3. It is fairly complicated and you have to be wanting to mess with the total look of your UI to switch into this. I currently run aguf and it does not have the ability.

Mx

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking for add on to...