04-17-13, 08:14 AM   #1
MrTyko
A Kobold Labourer
Question Map zooming; bug or feature?

'Sup Carbonite guys.

I've been doing more Archaeology than I'd care to admit to recently, and I've noticed an interesting thing happening with my map. I can't find a way to make it stop this behavior, and I'm unsure as to whether it's supposed to be doing this, or it's broken in some way. I don't remember it ever happening before MoP, so I can only assume it's been a recent change.

Say I just finished a digsite. I maximize my Carbonite map, and zoom out a bunch to see the whole continent of Pandaria in order to locate my next nearest digsite. During digging, I normally keep the map zoomed out just far enough to see the little shovel on the map. I pick a site and start flying. I hit 'M' (my keybind for my map maximize/minimize) and it goes back into "minimap mode." When I reach the border of a zone and change to the next one the "minimap" will zoom out to whatever level I was zoomed out to on the maximized map. It does the same thing if I zoom in a bunch on the larger map as well. It does this for every zone I go into. It always changes the zoom level of my map at the zone boundary. I can repeat this effect again and again. The large map appears to be superseding its zoom level to the smaller map.

I cannot find a way to make it stop, and it's driving me mad. I realize I can keybind "restore map scale," but since I've never had to do it before MoP, I don't want to now. I zoom out that way, and have since I used Carbonite in LK, to plot courses for long flights. Additionally, my keybinds are bloated as it is. I've tried googling this thing happening, but to no avail. My map's Auto Scale button is not checked, and doesn't appear to have any relevance. I'm not tracking anything, or using the GoTo feature. I've read through the ReadMe, and didn't see anything relevant, either. I've noticed it doesn't do the zoom change if I don't have 'Follow you' selected on the map's right-click options menu. [EDIT]: If I maximize my map, zoom out, minimize it, and maximize it again, it's at its regular size. However, if I move across a zone again, it zooms out to the level at which it was zoomed out just before.

I apologize for the wordiness and repetition, I just want to make clear I've been picking at this as much as I can, and am not here to complain loudly without having tried to figure it out myself first.

I turn to you kind ladies and gentlemen in my darkest hour. I bid thee assist me.

Last edited by MrTyko : 04-17-13 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Additional information

04-26-13, 04:35 PM   #2
netropas
A Kobold Labourer
I been having the same problem for a while and nothing I have found online will work. I have had some success by turning off NPC_Scan though and just using Silver Dragon instead but that is just a band aid covering up the problem. Hope that helps you out.

Also there is another addon that gives me problems less frequently that I forgot to mention. Gathermate2 also seems to cause map to zoom in crossing zones.

Last edited by netropas : 04-26-13 at 05:19 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map zooming; bug or feature?