06-05-13, 05:19 AM   #1
Mitzrael79
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
(probably) Stupid question about Carbonite Live-Beta

I would just know why Carbonite live is not updated since many months, while beta is being developed.

06-05-13, 05:36 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Because Carbonite live is pretty stable?...

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-05-13, 10:13 AM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Both live and beta are fairly stable.. Live hasn't received any updates because it's next update will be nothing more then saying carbonite has been discontinued, but that won't be coming until i'm happy with how the beta performs and the features I wanted finished are in place.

06-05-13, 10:23 AM   #4
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Both live and beta are fairly stable.. Live hasn't received any updates because it's next update will be nothing more then saying carbonite has been discontinued, but that won't be coming until i'm happy with how the beta performs and the features I wanted finished are in place.
I too have wondered for many weeks why the 'live' version of Carbonite hasn't been updated. Now, I'm worried by what you said.

Do I understand exactly what you said?

The next update to Carbonite live will be the announcement that "carbonite has been discontinued" and that announcement will be coming because you are finally happy with how the beta performs and the features you wanted are in place?

Are you saying that once you've completed your desired tasks, that you will no longer be supporting Carbonite?

06-05-13, 10:37 AM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Carbonite itself no, Carbonite2 yes. That's what the beta is working towards becoming and when I finally release it live it will be named Carbonite2.

06-05-13, 03:05 PM   #6
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Carbonite itself no, Carbonite2 yes. That's what the beta is working towards becoming and when I finally release it live it will be named Carbonite2.
So, after Carbonite2 is released to 'live' you will no longer be supporting the original Carbonite. Will you then continue supporting Carbonite2 after you release it? I'm just trying to clarify. I, for one, would hate to see you disappear after its initial release!

06-05-13, 03:16 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, that is and has been the point all along.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-06-13, 11:26 AM   #8
Mitzrael79
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the answer: I ain't concerned for this thing, even though the only reason to use live instead beta is that beta one has much "lag" in quest tracking. Oh, and there is no database for Uldum quests...

Anyway, I'm using beta now and I'm going almost fine

06-07-13, 08:31 AM   #9
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Mitzrael79 View Post
Thanks for the answer: I ain't concerned for this thing, even though the only reason to use live instead beta is that beta one has much "lag" in quest tracking. Oh, and there is no database for Uldum quests...

Anyway, I'm using beta now and I'm going almost fine
The next release should address both of those issue's .. I lowered the time till refresh allowed from 2000ms to 500ms in the quest watch window, I'm most likely going to add a slider option for it to allow people to have it how they want.. from 0 to 4000. I also found out why Uldum quests were not loading properly which was my fault.. somehow the wrong areaID got used for uldum when I ran the old quest database through the conversion scripts to update it to the new format.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » (probably) Stupid question about Carbonite Live-Beta