01-10-07, 05:26 PM   #81
Wispirs
A Defias Bandit
Talking

Hey there!
First i really want to say that i LOVE your mod. Its great and i appreciate you taking the time to make this.

Second...im running into a problem ><

I installed trinity bars and when i log onto wow, i have nothing but a latency button and what appears to be an xp bar? and i cant get any other bars to show. Im not completely mod illiterate but i cant seem to figure this out. I think i have read all the forum pages and dont see anyone else having the same problem as i am and I just wondered if anyone had any tips?

I also keep getting errors ..something about trying to index a nil value.

please help! im getting really frustrated and i really dont want to change to another bar mod

Wispirs of Darrowmere.

Last edited by Wispirs : 01-10-07 at 05:39 PM.

01-11-07, 03:10 AM   #82
Needa
A Defias Bandit
Everything-in-one-bar Guide for Druids

Hello,

I've read the tutorial on the first page and figured that I want to make one bar for my druid, that changes upon entering different stance. To be honest, I didn't quite understand the tutorial, so it was down to trial&error tactics. I checked this thread for help, but there was none - actually only more cries for help. That's why I'm posting this here to help fellow trinity users (and fellow druids).

Usage: 1 bar that changes depending on your current stance, using same key bindings for the different stances. The background is, that no matter what character I play, I setup the same key bindings for similar attacks. Example: Crowd Control Spell is bound to "V" like - Hunter (Scatter Shot), Priest (Silence), Warlock (Fear) etc.

The bar I made has 3 different shapes. As normal shape (default Druid) I have all offensiv spells on it, as feral (default Dire) all bear spells and as cat (default Cat) - all cat spells.

HOWTO:

1. Install Trinity, pick any standard bar set to "Normal"
2. Become default shape, Druid.
3. Right-click on "Normal" on the bar. Header editor emerges. Check "Stance".
4. Bar changes from "Normal" to "Druid".
5. Build your bar. Put more buttons, put spells that are used in normal shape (healing, moonkin stuff etc). Activate key binding mode, bind your spells to keys. Deactivate key binding mode.

-- Status: Your "Druid" bar is set by now. We go on with bear bar.

6. Change your shape to bear.
7. Bar changes from "Druid" to "Dire".
8. Build your bar. Put more buttons, put spells that are used in bear shape (tanking, dps etc). Activate key binding mode, bind your spells to keys. Deactivate key binding mode.

-- Status: Your "Druid" and "Dire" bar is set by now. We do on with cat bar.

9. Change back to normal shape. Observe how your bar changes from "Dire" to "Druid" and how "Druid" is still configured the way we did it at the begining.
10. Change your shape to cat.
11. Bar changes from "Druid" to "Cat".
12. Build your bar. Put more buttons, put spells that are used in cat shape (dps, prowl etc). Activate key binding mode, bind your spells to keys. Deactivate key binding mode.
13. Move the bar in your desired position and deactivate docking.

-- Status: Your "Druid", "Dire" and "Cat" bar is set by now. We are ready.

That's it, it wasn't that complicated after all and it functions just about perfect. Thumbs up for this great addon.

I hope this is going to be a help for someone.

P.S. I will provide screenshots once I get home.

01-11-07, 09:22 PM   #83
jmdmorg
A Kobold Labourer
Hiya--

Please forgive me for just not getting it yet. I am trying to configure a rogue this way...

Using the same bar: I want to begin as an unstealthed rogue. I want to use my talents hitting the 1-9 keys. Then, I want to go to stealth mode. Now, I want to use my stealthed talents hitting the 1-9 keys.

As an example of what I am doing wrong...

I have Eviscerate set to the number 4 key in unstealthed mode. I have Garrote set to the number 4 key in stealthed mode. The way I have things set up now, Eviscerate works just fine. In stealth mode, I press 4 and it says that I don't have enough combo points (clearly referring to Eviscerate instead of Garrote).

Can someone help me get this straightened out.

thanks

01-12-07, 10:49 AM   #84
darkangel3012
A Kobold Labourer
i have a problem with the castbar, more with the blizzard castbar, i don't know how to deactivate it. :/ So i got the trinitybars castbar AND the blizzard castbar. Am i doing something wrong or is it kinda bug?

01-12-07, 11:10 AM   #85
Samanha
A Kobold Labourer
Load safed file

Hey man first thing, great mod!

But i have 1 problem, i made a interface and i saved it but when i log out and log back in it disapeard. I try to load the save fil but then i get a error: Interface\FrameXML\SecureStateHeader.Lua:455:attempt to index Local 'Self' (a nil value)

Can you help me out?

-Samanha lv 60 hunter Twisting Nether

01-12-07, 02:31 PM   #86
Hellundir
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Wispirs
Hey there!
First i really want to say that i LOVE your mod. Its great and i appreciate you taking the time to make this.

Second...im running into a problem ><

I installed trinity bars and when i log onto wow, i have nothing but a latency button and what appears to be an xp bar? and i cant get any other bars to show. Im not completely mod illiterate but i cant seem to figure this out. I think i have read all the forum pages and dont see anyone else having the same problem as i am and I just wondered if anyone had any tips?

I also keep getting errors ..something about trying to index a nil value.

please help! im getting really frustrated and i really dont want to change to another bar mod

Wispirs of Darrowmere.
I have the same thing.
Got it first when I installed the new version. Then i deleted my whole WTF and started setting up my interface again. When I was done, I saved it properly and logged out. When I logged on again I had the same thing. Latency meter and a casting bar in middle. Together with this error message:

Interface/Addons/Trinitybars/Trinitybars.lua:2888: attempt to index field 'config' (a nil value)

This makes me so sad when it looked so good and all worked so wonderful before I relogged.
What is wrong? Turning desperate here.

Last edited by Hellundir : 01-12-07 at 02:42 PM.

01-13-07, 11:20 AM   #87
Septih
A Defias Bandit
After downloading and setting up TrinityBars last night, I had all the bars working and keys bound, etc.

Today I was just grinding stuff to test it out and somehow managed to make the bar move (as in i pressed something, not sure what, and it moved straight there, not dragged or anything) to the bottom left corner of the screen.

The bars that were set up in rows just covered each other up and the key bindings still worked for them, but i cannot move the bars no matter what, even in config mode, they just are stuck there :/

Great mod otherwise, much nicer then the others i've tried

01-13-07, 12:22 PM   #88
Hellundir
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Septih
After downloading and setting up TrinityBars last night, I had all the bars working and keys bound, etc.

Today I was just grinding stuff to test it out and somehow managed to make the bar move (as in i pressed something, not sure what, and it moved straight there, not dragged or anything) to the bottom left corner of the screen.

The bars that were set up in rows just covered each other up and the key bindings still worked for them, but i cannot move the bars no matter what, even in config mode, they just are stuck there :/

Great mod otherwise, much nicer then the others i've tried
I have that problem too. When I start with a fresh addon and no configuration, the 1st bar is paged. But when shift+scrolling that bar, it jumps down to the left corner.

I also noticed that when not using paged bars at all, my interface seem to stay intact. It's when I use paged bars that the interface breaks.

01-13-07, 01:40 PM   #89
Negatiiv
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by jmdmorg
Hiya--

Please forgive me for just not getting it yet. I am trying to configure a rogue this way...

Using the same bar: I want to begin as an unstealthed rogue. I want to use my talents hitting the 1-9 keys. Then, I want to go to stealth mode. Now, I want to use my stealthed talents hitting the 1-9 keys.

As an example of what I am doing wrong...

I have Eviscerate set to the number 4 key in unstealthed mode. I have Garrote set to the number 4 key in stealthed mode. The way I have things set up now, Eviscerate works just fine. In stealth mode, I press 4 and it says that I don't have enough combo points (clearly referring to Eviscerate instead of Garrote).

Can someone help me get this straightened out.

thanks
I have the exact same problem with my rogue. I have 3 bars, and I want the bottom bar to be sensitive to whether I'm stealthed or unstealthed. The type says 'Rogue' normally, and so I put my normal unstealthed abilities on the bar. Then I stealth and the bar changes to my stealthed abilities. Everything good so far...

I go back to unstealthed and start my key binding. Nothing is bound yet, on either unstealthed or stealthed bar. I bind my keys, and as per the instructions, it looks like the bindings fall through to the compliments. I take a look by stealthing, and the correct numbers show up. However when I press the number on the keyboard, it activates the unstealthed ability on the bar, whether or not I'm unstealthed or stealthed. I've tried wiping the key bindings on both bars and trying again, no go.

Help!

01-13-07, 11:32 PM   #90
Alpenthia
A Kobold Labourer
Question

I love trinity!!
Wasnt a big fan when u changed it, coz i got all frustrated coz i couldnt work it out
But, i've since figured out how to get it working.. so yay!!
BUt, i just have one problem.. which is SOOOO annoying.
I have all my bars set to where and how i like them. And then whenver i log off and then log back on.... my bars are all weird.
Like, its back in configuration mode, i cant actually see my buttons on my bars until i manipulate them (add a button, make bigger, etc), and my bags and menu bars are HUGE!!
Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Cheers!!
( <--- sorry.. just wanted to use this face.. its cute hehe)

01-14-07, 11:07 PM   #91
mkonrad
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Hellundir
I have that problem too. When I start with a fresh addon and no configuration, the 1st bar is paged. But when shift+scrolling that bar, it jumps down to the left corner.

I also noticed that when not using paged bars at all, my interface seem to stay intact. It's when I use paged bars that the interface breaks.
I'm seeing the same thing. It happens only when I'm in config mode on a paged bar, and try to scroll past page-6. 1-2-3-4-5-6 works fine, but the 6->1 paging puts the bar in the lower left corner.

01-15-07, 05:09 AM   #92
Danglar
A Kobold Labourer
Ok to say this nice , i cant find ANY way on setting a keybinding for "Assist Target" and "Pet Attack" Whenever i try to logout ALL my keybindings are in "Default" (not the ones on the bars , but the ones at "Keybinding Menu") AND whenver i try to change the "Assist Target" with F it says "Dire Bear Form Keybinding ( ) is unbound" and im a freakin warlock
So far i have Wasted LOTS and LOTS of hours
Please give me a tip...

01-15-07, 10:34 AM   #93
Romruth
A Kobold Labourer
Problem with stances

Hi folks,
tried out the latest version of trinity bars (2007-01-15). everything works fine but the stance bars of my warrior.
when i configure the bars as stance bars, the buttons are out of the draggable panel and are placed everywhere over the screen. i haven't fount a way to bind the buttons to the panel again.
what's wrong? /yell HEEEEELP!

01-15-07, 03:57 PM   #94
reefersmoke
A Kobold Labourer
Problem with Rogue stances

I'm generally having the same problem as posted by Romruth with my rogue. Right off my stance bar has buttons that work. I go into stealth, my stealth bar works. I come out of stealth and the bars switch back like they should "visually", but still thinks i'm in stealth, and wants to use the stealth bar instead of the normal bar showing. The normal bar buttons will work only when clicked on with mouse. This is the latest version 20003.14.1 01-15-2007 I did a complete wipe of any Trinity files in WOW folder also. I really like your mod and hope this is fixable. From what I see, this is a common problem at the moment. Not just me. Keep up the good work.

01-15-07, 04:09 PM   #95
pharoahe
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by reefersmoke
I'm generally having the same problem as posted by Romruth with my rogue. Right off my stance bar has buttons that work. I go into stealth, my stealth bar works. I come out of stealth and the bars switch back like they should "visually", but still thinks i'm in stealth, and wants to use the stealth bar instead of the normal bar showing. The normal bar buttons will work only when clicked on with mouse. This is the latest version 20003.14.1 01-15-2007 I did a complete wipe of any Trinity files in WOW folder also. I really like your mod and hope this is fixable. From what I see, this is a common problem at the moment. Not just me. Keep up the good work.
I had the same problem. I've written up a very detailed bug report for it.

01-16-07, 10:59 AM   #96
Lane
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is there any way to show/hide a trinity bar with a macro?

01-30-07, 08:58 PM   #97
adamonius
A Kobold Labourer
I seem to be having a problem. I'm a Druid with Moonkin. I have Moonkinform set to stay in state 0, caster form. If I'm in Moonkin, when I enter combat, the buttons on the bar vanish; it also seems to switch to my cat form (keybinds tell me I need to be in cat form to do something). If I switch to caster, the bar switches correctly. I can then switch back to Moonkin and fight with no problem. When I leave combat, the same thing occurs. Any idea why?

01-31-07, 09:04 PM   #98
pearsop
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up How to make an action bar appear when holding down shift....

I struggled with this, and saw an earlier post that it was messed up so figured I was out of luck. Lo and behold, my ignorance let me stumble on to it somehow.

1. Turn on Config mode
2. Select Action Bar
3. Right click Header (normal, page 1, whatever)
4. Enable the Check for Shift Header (small box on left side)
5. Enable the Check for Ctrl Header
6. Set last digit of Ctrl Header line to 1 and hit enter

The Action bar disappears and will appear when you press Shift.

Woot! I'm happy. I hope this helps all of you.

02-01-07, 12:42 AM   #99
Djarum
A Kobold Labourer
Ok maybe I am stupid but how do you hide your unused buttons in a bar? I used to be able to do it with TrinityButtons but not with this. My UI is cluttered with a bunch of unhidden empty buttons!

02-01-07, 11:57 AM   #100
Vetus
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Djarum
Ok maybe I am stupid but how do you hide your unused buttons in a bar? I used to be able to do it with TrinityButtons but not with this. My UI is cluttered with a bunch of unhidden empty buttons!

There appears to be a problem with that in the latest release... Try using the 20003.14.5 version....

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Trinity Instructions