04-16-09, 07:42 AM   #1
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Possible Bugs in 5.02.00 with v3.1

Ok, so I do run quite a few addons, so it *could* be something else, but it was fixed after disabling nUI.

In the chat box, if someone posts a professions link, I can't click the link to open the window (although occasionally it will). I tried disabling Prat (which you would think to be the most likely culprit, since it *IS* a chat addon), but it still didn't work. I Disabled nUI also, and then they worked again. Reloading nUI it still worked until relog. So I'm not sure if it's a nUI issue, or maybe a problem of nUI and another addon conflicting, but wondering if anyone else is having the problem......

04-16-09, 07:48 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't think that is an nUI problem.

I'm pretty much the only one in my guild using nUI and I have no problems seeing guildies profession links even though others in the guild were reporting the problem.

I also use prat so that can't be the problem either.

What I did hear around the place yesterday in game was that people had more problems accessing links offered in general chat. I never have general chat running cos its annoying as hell.

So, my question really is this. How was the link accessible to you? Via General, Whisper, Trade, Guild etc.

04-16-09, 12:18 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was having a very similar issue. I couldn't click any Gold tradeskill links in any chat frame. Turned out it was something to do with Gnomish Yellow Pages, Blizz and I think there may have been one more. Hope that helps

*Gnomish yellow pages seems to be working just fine now also, so my money is on Blizz, lol

04-16-09, 04:38 PM   #4
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Come to think of it, I've never had luck with profession links in general chat, but trade chat ones work. I'll have to be more dilligent and see where they are coming from. Cause I think /send ones were working regardless. For whatever reason, my main wasn't joining general chat but I fixed that yesterday, so maybe that's it......

04-17-09, 03:48 AM   #5
thethethethe
A Murloc Raider
I've been getting this problem too, I need to spend more time trying to figure out if it's only certain professions that don't work in certain windows.

I know I can't open my friends Inscription profession window from a link in whisper or guild chat. This is the only profession I've noticed not working so far.

04-17-09, 04:46 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Another guildie or two mentioned more problems with this with whispers or guild chat links not being accessible. I've never had this problem to see how its happening but whenever I have linked recipes direct or whole tradeskills no-one has said they couldn't access but then they have usually been to other guildies in guild channel.

04-17-09, 08:15 AM   #7
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Chat Window Problems

I've been having problems with my chat window. I haven't had problems with proffession links but any time I loot a corpse the only thing that shows in the chat is the money looted. Anyone know how to fix that? I've tried chaning the options for the window but none of them fixed the problem.

04-17-09, 09:36 AM   #8
bluefear
A Defias Bandit
Again a fail from Blizzard. My GF doesnt run a single addon and she has the problem too. Sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't.

Hope that helped.

04-17-09, 05:50 PM   #9
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...18872807&sid=1

User Interface

Some vehicles are not allowing the camera to be pitched up and down using the right mouse button.
Partially blocked attacks are appearing as complete blocks on the character portrait and target damage text.
Linking your profession window to other players does not work correctly.

-Napoleon Dynamage

04-17-09, 06:10 PM   #10
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

yep lots of bugs in 3.1, My Fav is: Spell & Ability Issues

Talents - Talent points are sometimes being refunded when zoning or using dual talent specs.

Ive had my druids talents wipe 4 times now along with the actionbars /sigh

For a complete listing of known issues you can visit: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...18872807&sid=1
not for pleasure
but for survival

04-17-09, 10:07 PM   #11
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Good to know that I'm not the only druid that is having talents refunded every time I log.

04-17-09, 11:54 PM   #12
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Tegarbah View Post
Good to know that I'm not the only druid that is having talents refunded every time I log.
AARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGggggggggggggggggggg............
make that 5 times now
not for pleasure
but for survival

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Possible Bugs in 5.02.00 with v3.1