A Kobold Labourer
Cant Get Carbonite to Install

Well i found my directory. I extracted
Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer
CarboniteLicenseAgreement.doc
CarboniteReadMe.doc

Into the Addon place. This was done while WoW was closed. After putting these files in (nothing old was there) i started WoW and Carbonite wont work. Is there something I am missing?

This is the one I am using to extract from Carbonite-3.001.

Thnx.

04-15-09, 05:42 PM   #2
PDX-Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by smolo82 View Post
Well i found my directory. I extracted
Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer
CarboniteReadMe.doc

Into the Addon place. This was done while WoW was closed. After putting these files in (nothing old was there) i started WoW and Carbonite wont work. Is there something I am missing?

This is the one I am using to extract from Carbonite-3.001.

Thnx.

First make sure you don't have two ../addons directories... and that the carbonite directories are in the same addons folder as the Blizzard_*.* directories... (I've seen this a few times...two addon directories..and addons are going to the wrong one...)

Next, did you enable the carbonite addons from the character selection screen? This is the screen that comes up right after you enter your account password and hit enter. The addons button is in the lowere left hand corner...

Until the authors update and release a newer version (newer than 3.001) you will have to check the "Load out of date AddOns" box at the top of the AddOn List... and also check the Carbonite 3.001, Carbonite Nodes, and Carbonite Transfer boxes...

04-15-09, 06:16 PM   #3
KurtS
A Murloc Raider
I've got the same problem. It's in the proper directory, I deleted the old version first before installing 3.001, made sure there are checkmarks next to to Carbonite pluggins(even though it says they are outdated),. I've done everything to the letter but it still won't work.

04-15-09, 06:47 PM   #4
Jezzabel
A Cyclonian

may be .... remove the .lua in your savedvariable folder (copy it to another folder to keep it if you want and then clear your savedvariable folder clean of any carbonite.lua

04-15-09, 07:14 PM   #5
KurtS
A Murloc Raider
Unfortunately that didn't work.

04-15-09, 07:21 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by KurtS View Post
made sure there are checkmarks next to to Carbonite pluggins(even though it says they are outdated),. I've done everything to the letter but it still won't work.
Did you make sure on the addon screen to check off "load out of date" ? Usually you don't see that they are out of date unless that box is not checked.

04-15-09, 07:42 PM   #7
KurtS
A Murloc Raider
Doh! That did the trick. Thank you Vis.

04-15-09, 10:23 PM   #8
Bëowülf
A Kobold Labourer
i gave a donation and was not able to dl carbonite.. how the hell does that work!?

04-15-09, 10:31 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you checked here yet : http://www.wowinterface.com/download...arbonite.html?

04-16-09, 12:01 AM   #10
Andrizovic
A Murloc Raider
Please help me.

Normally i download carbonite via curseclient. Now it dont works.

So i downloaded carbonite from the official site and i recieved this:

Carbonite
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer
CarboniteReadMe.doc

So i go to program files --> World of Warcraft --> Addons --> and i put this 5 maps in it.

I start wow and i dont see it in the list of addons. i disabled out of date but dont see it.

Please help me cause carbonite is the best addon i ever had :'(

04-16-09, 12:08 AM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have a look at this sticky thread for information on how to install your addons and some common mistakes when installing: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-16-09, 12:25 AM   #12
Andrizovic
A Murloc Raider
Ty seerah!!

But now i have a problem, i want my mini map of wow back

04-16-09, 12:27 AM   #13
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's a very common one, you should be able to go into the Carbonite options, and be able to uncheck a box that says something to the effect of "put Blizz minimap into Carbonite map" that will give you your map back after a UI reload

04-16-09, 12:32 AM   #14
Andrizovic
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
That's a very common one, you should be able to go into the Carbonite options, and be able to uncheck a box that says something to the effect of "put Blizz minimap into Carbonite map" that will give you your map back after a UI reload

Yes, i do that.
I reload and then they asked me, put minimip into carbonite, i do no, nothing happened

04-16-09, 05:04 AM   #15
ellzie
A Kobold Labourer
I feel so absolutely hopeless. I've done everything (or so I thought) down exactly as told (except for the minor difference between the walkthrough and the fact that I have Winrar, which simply just has different phrasing.)

I've checked the Load Out of Date Addons button in the character screen.

I removed the .lua.

I've determined for sure there's only ONE WoW folder.

I, of course, have vista. (Boo hiss boo. That doesn't deserve capitalization.)

I must be forgetting something stupid D:

here's how i have it saved: sorry if that's a little big x_X

04-16-09, 05:20 AM   #16
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Short Answer:

About 6 months ago Blizzard changed the Vista default to "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

Check that location.

Long Answer:

99% of the time if the addon won't work (does not show in game) or still shows an old version, it is because it was unzipped to the wrong folder.

By default the game on XP and Vista was installed to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"
About 6 months ago Blizzard changed the Vista default to "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

Look at the shortcut (right click and select properties) you use to launch Warcraft to get the path to where it is installed.
So if the shortcut Target: says "ABC\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe", then your addon path is
"ABC\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns".

In the file paths, you need to replace ABC with the actual location!

You copy or extract the files in the zip file to the Addons folder.

You should have the 3 folders like this:

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteTransfer

Installation page is here:
http://www.carboniteaddon.com/installation.aspx

04-16-09, 08:27 AM   #17
Wickedskater
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you. for the update

Last edited by Wickedskater : 04-16-09 at 08:30 AM.

04-16-09, 09:00 AM   #18
KillerLotus
A Kobold Labourer
quick question.. ive used carbonite before and some other addons.. since the patch all the addons work but my chat window is white and when i type it wont show up. i fixed it before but cant remember.. anyone know how to fix it?

04-16-09, 12:59 PM   #19
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by KillerLotus View Post
quick question.. ive used carbonite before and some other addons.. since the patch all the addons work but my chat window is white and when i type it wont show up. i fixed it before but cant remember.. anyone know how to fix it?
If you have an addon that modifies your chat window then you should disable it and it should be fixed.

04-16-09, 07:56 PM   #20
tehadam
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Short Answer:

Check that location.

Long Answer:

99% of the time if the addon won't work (does not show in game) or still shows an old version, it is because it was unzipped to the wrong folder.

By default the game on XP and Vista was installed to "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns"

Look at the shortcut (right click and select properties) you use to launch Warcraft to get the path to where it is installed.
So if the shortcut Target: says "ABC\World of Warcraft\Launcher.exe", then your addon path is
"ABC\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns".

In the file paths, you need to replace ABC with the actual location!

You copy or extract the files in the zip file to the Addons folder.

You should have the 3 folders like this:

World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteNodes
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\CarboniteTransfer

Installation page is here:
http://www.carboniteaddon.com/installation.aspx
This fixed mine, for some reason I have a WoW folder inside my Nvidia folder, and that's where I had to put it >.>

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Cant Get Carbonite to Install