03-08-09, 06:18 PM   #1
Akylax
A Defias Bandit

Moving the cooldown icon from the center of screen?

I just installed nUI, and I'm liking it a lot -- been tweaking it to see if it really can do everything I need.

One question: I play a Tauren shaman (FWIW), and for some of my long-cooldown spells, I get a spell icon in the center of the screen, just above the main nUI bar. It has the countdown underneath (60m, 15m, etc.)

I can't for the life of me figure out how to move that icon near the others that show various buffs, or barring that just remove it completely. Any ideas? Thanks!

03-08-09, 06:38 PM   #2
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That icon is part of the cooldown bar which is part of the HUD... it shows you which spells you have cooldowns active on and gives you an alert when the spell is ready to cast again. It is *not* the same as your other auras which is why it isn't next to them. Likewise, since the information it contains is combat relevant (alerting you when you can use it again to melt the face off another player/mob or whatever), it is front and center in the HUD in the same way that the spells you have cast on the other player/mob and their remaining times.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want that information. However, everyone does play differently, so nUI does give you the option to lose the cooldown bar if you don't want it... or to individually lose the text and/or audio alerts that go with it.

/nui hud cooldown -- this will toggle the cooldown bar on or off entirely... alerts and all
/nui hud cdalert -- this turns off the text alert message without turning the bar off
/nui hud cdsound -- turns off the cooldown alert sound the plays when a spell is ready

Of course, turning the HUD off entirely also loses the cooldown bar.

As far as moving the bar goes... the only way to do that would be to edit the skin for the HUD. In nUI 5.0 that would be in [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Layouts > HUDLayouts > {hud mode} > nUI_HUDLayout_{hud mode}.lua ]

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-08-09, 07:50 PM   #3
Akylax
A Defias Bandit

Ah, thank you!

In some cases that info is useful and timely, but most often it's just showing me the 15 minutes till I can use Astral Recall or the 30 minutes for something else -- things that aren't going to help me in the current fight.

I might put 'em back, I might not. Right now I like the slightly cleaner screen. Thanks!

Now... how about something alerting me in a big way to Maelstrom Weapon stacks?

03-09-09, 12:06 PM   #4
xtrapwr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Akylax View Post
Ah, thank you!
Now... how about something alerting me in a big way to Maelstrom Weapon stacks?
If you want a solution now, Power Auras is fantastic for big alerts on just about any kind of event.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...asClassic.html

As far as I have been able to tell, it has no conflicts with nUI.

03-09-09, 03:26 PM   #5
Hakana4155
A Fallenroot Satyr

Power Aura

As a Feral Druid I use Power Aura for a couple of things and I've not had nay problems with that and nUI. I just had to scale the auras to fit with the HUD.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Moving the cooldown icon from the center of screen?