12-04-11, 04:12 AM   #1
xxclare38xx
A Kobold Labourer
An annoying quest book icon keep popping up.

Hi, i have used Carbonite for the last year and recently formatted my pc, after i put them all back on add-ons i mean, i noticed this very annoying quest icon(like a book) keeps popping up in the left corner, under my portrait i did have this before but for the life of me i cant remember how to turn it off as its very annoying. Obviously it is something that pops up after i accept certain type of quest.

Please help!

02-22-12, 10:18 AM   #2
Darkchylde
A Kobold Labourer
I am encountering the same icon. Was curious what in the heck it is for? It is annoying as you can not get any information hovering over it or clicking on it. it has to have some purpose I would think or it would not be part of the addon. any information would be appreciated.

02-22-12, 12:11 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I remember seeing a couple of threads about the same thing a while ago in these forums.

If you type "/fstack" (without the quotes) in chat, then hover the "icon", I'm pretty sure you will find that it's part of the default (Blizzard) quest log. I seem to remember that it had something to do with either the "auto accept quests" or "auto turn-in quests" option. I suggest unchecking each option individually and testing to see which one causes it.

I have never used those options, so I've never had that problem.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

02-22-12, 02:06 PM   #4
Noridin
A Defias Bandit
xxclare38xx, do you have the automatic quest turn-in active? I've noticed the book when I had it active. It seems to be a glitch in the UI cycling too quickly. As soon as I disabled automatic turn-in I stopped seeing the book pop up. Hope this helps.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » An annoying quest book icon keep popping up.