03-25-07, 12:28 AM   #1
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
(( Tweek_ui ))

Hello everyone, I have put together a compilation that i think you all will like. It has more addons in it than any other compilation i've seen. Now this may scare some of you away, but it runs smoothe with no errors. Of course there is some inital configuration as there is with most every compilation you download and install. Refer to the readme.txt included in the file.

Please download it, and try it out. Be patiant and do your best to set up your window positions and all of your personal preferances. I have a ton of items in my FuBar so you will most likely have the hardest time with that. Unless your into tweeking ui's already.

I am eager to hear what you all think of it, and would be gratefull for any feedback i get.
I take NO credit for any of the mods, yet bow in admiration to the authors of every single one of them.
We all thank you for making WoW a more interesting place for us all to play in!!

Click Link Below For UI
03-25-07, 10:10 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just a couple pointers for ya...

You may be aware of this already, but Skinner will skin many of your addons, too - you just need to copy/pull them from the AddonSkins folder and add them to the SkinMe folder. This will skin your Auctioneer frames, your EquipCompare tooltips, OneBag, etc.

Many people do this (and I may have forgotten once in a upload, too :P ) but you don't need to include the Blizzard UI files in your Interface folder. It will cut down a tiny bit on your file size, and they will be recreated once the game is started up.

You also have addons that have overlapping functions. Informant and Mendeleev (while, yes, I know, Mendeleev will give you more info - I think ). Informant and VendorValues. I think you have your pet's xp bar showing on it's unit frame right next to the mod (I don't know what it's called) that shows it's xp bar. PetFu might display xp also, I don't recall - I use PetInfoFu, myself. This would cut down on your filesize as well. If you have valid reasons though, for including them, then just ignore me. I have a couple addons for debuffing in my compilation - for user preference.

You can also clean up your FuBar a bit by setting some plugins to "hide" if you don't need instant access to them. You can always get to them through Niagara. Things like Skinner, eePanels, etc. Though maybe you just had them out so people could see which mods you had in your screenshot.

These were just a few things that I noted when looking over your UI. It's a good start though.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-25-07, 10:46 AM   #3
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Thank you!

I wasn't aware of the dragging into the skinner folder, nor about mendeleev and informant being the same, so Mendeleev would be your choice then? And yeah how dumb of me to have included the stock blizzard directories. *blush*
Yeah the pet xp bar thing was tossed in recently to give people the option and pet xp bars (working ones that is) aren't easy to come by.
No no no, i truly do appreciate everything you had to say, and more so that you took the time to do it. I saw your UI and value your opinion alot.
So what do you think of the extensiveness of it? Am i lacking any usefull mods?

An update will be next, excluding stock blizzard folders, and some touching up per your suggestions.

Anyone else?

GET UI HERE
03-25-07, 11:07 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I haven't used the Auctioneer pack in a while - not sure how it interacts with Mendeleev. My hubby took out Mendeleev and uses Informant, since he plugged Auctioneer into my UI. I don't even remember how much information Informant gives you, compared to Mendeleev. I just know that they show a lot of the same things.

Don't be embarrassed about the Blizzard UI folders - like I said, many people do it, and I may have before, too. I just was thinking about your file size.

I think the mods in your UI have a lot to offer - you can always add/remove things in later releases. The important thing is just to make sure that they all work well together, and that they are all efficient at what they do. I'm not familiar with all of the addons in your list, but I know that my UI does not cover everything. I'm missing some addons that certain classes might find useful, just because I haven't found anything yet. I also don't have any pvp related things because I haven't found the right ones yet. Plus, not everyone pvps. People can always add their own things in that they feel they need. I use GroupCalendar with my guild, but I don't include that with my UI because not everyone uses it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-24-07, 12:30 AM   #5
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Seeking opinions on layout, as shown on 4th screenshot at portal.
Thanks
04-24-07, 09:00 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Not bad, Tweeker, except I'm not a huge fan of the chat text going behind that FuBar.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » (( Tweek_ui ))