09-19-09, 02:08 AM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

you are not in a party

I have this spam error in all bg, but it disapear if i disable all adons. But i disabled them one by one almost and cant figure it what addon cause this.. ill try again but i heard others had too this bug with last patches and isnt from our UI...
09-19-09, 03:38 AM   #2
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I've seen this error, too. Don't know when it started happening, but one night I was casting Binding Heal on the only person in my party (my 2v2 partner) in Dalaran.

Relevant addons/information:

My unit frames were Pitbull4.
I was using Clique to cast.
My party had joined Arathi Basin earlier as a group.
My party did a few 2v2 skirmishes, too.

I know that there have been other party-related bugs going around. Not being able to share quests within an instance, for example. I've also seen how the party system works recently. When party leadership changes, the party is disbanded and automatically rejoined under the new leader; No notifications that people have left and joined are given during this transition. I've noticed the transition after a heroic daily PUG disbanded. I've noticed it when coming out of a battleground. I've noticed it when coming out of an arena.

What I've pieced together is that the "WTF, you think you're in a party? lol" error stems from that invisible transition of leadership.

Were in you in a party before joining the BGs?
What were you doing to trigger the errors?
What addons direcly related to performing that action did you have enabled?
09-19-09, 08:51 AM   #3
Fuzzywuzzy
A Black Drake

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...APartyFix.html

give it a try, might give you a hint about which addon is making it happen.

EDIT:

Newer version here:

http://www.wowace.com/addons/youarentinapartyfix/

Last edited by Fuzzywuzzy : 09-19-09 at 08:54 AM.
09-19-09, 09:16 AM   #4
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is caused by AddOns that sync data to other players over a channel. By default they used the raid- or party AddOn channel, however in battlegrounds there is no raid or party channel. And so the game sends you this message that "you are not in a party" every time one of your AddOns tries to send data.

It's a very annoying quirk (it's a bug that Blizzard didn't send you that message).

Look through the list of your AddOns and use your mind and think about what the AddOn could sync with other players, if you think it's syncing, disable it or try to find an update of the AddOn. See if it fixes the problem.
09-19-09, 01:59 PM   #5
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

ths but not again this YouArentInAPartyFix, dont know why all speak about this, because this fix a addon not the bug... if u dont have the addon...

ill try more stuff but im already tired of that and of this game errors
But i see cartographer last version give a error in the new bg Isle of conquest, not all have this error? Or with what i can replace Cartographer?
This is the error
Message: Interface\AddOns\Cartographer_Notes\Notes.lua:4182: Trying to iterate through notes in an unknown zone: "Isle of Conquest"
Time: 09/19/09 23:29:13
Count: 1
Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function `error'
Interface\AddOns\Cartographer_Notes\Notes.lua:3950: in function `IterateNearbyNotes'
Interface\AddOns\Cartographer_Notes\Notes.lua:4182: in function <Interface\AddOns\Cartographer_Notes\Notes.lua:4147>
Interface\AddOns\Cartographer_Notes\Notes.lua:4332: in function `object_method'
...tographer\libs\LibRockTimer-1.0\LibRockTimer-1.0.lua:289: in function <...tographer\libs\LibRockTimer-1.0\LibRockTimer-1.0.lua:227>

Locals: (*temporary) = "Trying to iterate through notes in an unknown zone: "Isle of Conquest""

Last edited by xromania™ : 09-19-09 at 02:39 PM.
09-19-09, 03:08 PM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
1) YouArentInAPartyFix just suppresses the message "You are not in a party". It does not fix any addon in particular.
2)
Originally Posted by wowace.com
CARTOGRAPHER IS OUT OF DATE ON WOWMATRIX. ZONE INFO IS FIXED IN MOST RECENT VERSION ON CURSE.
Did you update Cartographer through wowmatrix? If so, redownload Cartographer from wowace.
2a) What modules of cartographer were you using? For starters, you could download Mapster. If you are looking for Gathering icons, download GatherMate. TomTom can give you the arrow to point to locations. HandyNotes for well, notes.

Last edited by ravagernl : 09-19-09 at 03:12 PM.
09-19-09, 04:38 PM   #7
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Guild greets last veriosn was the cause of my error...... Now i need another for guild. And im gm, if that can be a cause..
About cartographer i have 2.5.6 from curse.com, should i redownload it from wowace? i see there is same version. Im using all modules except POI and Waypoints, because waypoints suck, for that i use tom tom

Last edited by xromania™ : 09-19-09 at 05:07 PM.
09-19-09, 04:59 PM   #8
Starkey
A Defias Bandit
I used to get you are not in a guild message pop up now and again i think it was from Fubar guild addon.
Also i do get the not in party spam in bg's havent figured out what addon yet either
09-19-09, 06:46 PM   #9
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

just noticed Recount cause too this error. What other addon like recount u know?.. but all addons for party have this problem for me..

Last edited by xromania™ : 09-19-09 at 08:00 PM.
09-19-09, 07:56 PM   #10
BWarner
A Black Drake

Recount has a "sync" function that ensures that all people's recounts are getting the same data, so it's all as accurate as possible across the raid. This is especially helpful in cases like Sartharion's Twilight Portal, Yogg-Saron's Brain Room, or keeping data correct between Thorim's Hall and Arena crews.

However, you can easily turn this data sharing off - I believe the command is "/recount sync".

Other addons have this same "talking" functionality, even addons like GatherMate (to share node locations), so it's not necessarily Recount that's causing this issue.

I also have been randomly getting this issue, but it's not spammy, so I'm cautiously ignoring it for now (keeping an eye on it to see if it gets better/worse).
09-19-09, 08:06 PM   #11
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

I typed /recount sync and was a message Lazy sync disabled. But the problem remain........
But arent other addons like recount or Guildgreets i can use? probably with no errors
But we have not a command to disable Recount totally without exiting the game?
09-19-09, 08:40 PM   #12
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
Guild greets last veriosn was the cause of my error...... Now i need another for guild. And im gm, if that can be a cause..
About cartographer i have 2.5.6 from curse.com, should i redownload it from wowace? i see there is same version. Im using all modules except POI and Waypoints, because waypoints suck, for that i use tom tom
I'm sorry, I didn't tell you that. Wowace, Curse.com and Curseforge are all run on the same hardware. Curseforge and Wowace AddOns are published to curse.com. If you click a link on wowace.com or curseforge to download an addon, you might get redirected to curse.com.

So yes, it is the same. I just thought you could be downloading through wowmatrix.

For replacing Recount: you could try Skada damage meter. It has support for Damage and Threath. So if you have Omen installed, you can install Skada and get rid of Omen because you can set up multiple windows in Skada.

GuildGreet I have no idea actually. You could try posting a bug report that it is causing the spam to appear in battlegrounds. It seems to me that the Author is active enough.

Cartographer can easily be replaced with the suggestions I mentioned in my previous post in this topic. GatherMate and HandyNotes have import modules that you can find as well so you will not lose your database. It just seems like carto isn't getting updates(just look at how many bug reports there are... 5 pages). Anyone that thinks otherwise please correct me

Last edited by ravagernl : 09-19-09 at 08:43 PM.
09-19-09, 09:23 PM   #13
BWarner
A Black Drake

If you turned off recount's "sync" feature, then it has stopped talking to other Recounts. Seriously, once you remove that from the equation, and the issue persists, then it's not Recount. Recount works fine with sync enabled (since you tried disabling it and the issue didn't go away, you can probably re-enable sync), or even with it disabled. Skada's great, don't get me wrong! But if you like Recount, then there's not need to replace it, since you've already determined that it's not the source of your problem.
09-20-09, 02:28 PM   #14
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

when im enabling recount i have the error, so this is the cause and other addons for party or stuff, like guild greetz. But why not all have these errors and where is the real cause? should i delete wtf cache interf and work again hard to put my stuff back?
09-20-09, 03:13 PM   #15
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I didn't see this message until I installed Deadly Boss Mods, and I believe it's coming from DBM-Battlegrounds.
09-20-09, 04:08 PM   #16
Starkey
A Defias Bandit
i took out recount and im still getting the message its popping up at every minute will try boss mods next or try the re synch method
09-20-09, 04:20 PM   #17
Pigl33t
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Well I get this message even when I'm in a party, raid, bg or just alone running around.
09-21-09, 12:42 AM   #18
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Message: Interface\AddOns\Cartographer_Notes\Notes.lua:4182: Trying to iterate through notes in an unknown zone: "Isle of Conquest"
There's a ticket on this on wowace.com

http://www.wowace.com/addons/cartogr...e-of-conquest/

Looks like it hasn't gotten any updates since the 8th of August. Other then removing references to embedded libraries it doesn't look to me like it's actually been updated for 3.2 ... only a TOC number bump.

There's 4 authors on the project none of whom seem to of serviced any tickets. Torhal will probably chime in here and tell you it's probably quicker just to look for a replacement.

And I agree. You could of course waste time trying to get someone to update it for you. Or you could look for a replacement.

Time for a new map addon

PS When you disable all Cartographer modules by taking them out of the addons folder and wiping their saved variable files out of the WTF folder do you still get the error.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
09-21-09, 10:10 AM   #19
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

I see and i think many others have this error but they dont care... we should report that seriously to blizzard, if some1 have time and know where is good to report pls do that
They ill say they dont support addons but then why they answer and try to help? because i had a petition in game
09-21-09, 10:44 AM   #20
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

I see and i think many others have this error but they dont care... we should report that seriously to blizzard, if some1 have time and know where is good to report pls do that
They ill say they dont support addons but then why they answer and try to help? because i had a petition in game
Well seriously good luck with that.

They allowed to change how their lua api works however way they like since the EULA & TOS basically give them carte blanche to do so.

People are getting this error because sending a message to the Raid channel no longer fails silently.

Petitioning them is only going to get you the same answer they always give "addons are not supported"
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » you are not in a party