01-26-13, 01:44 PM   #1
xJiinez
A Defias Bandit
Need some inspiration :)

Hello
okey, so you may ask me why i am posting this. well here is the answer .
I really need someone that could tell me a good and helpful addon BUT not to advanced that i maybe could make..
right now im thinking like a Chat addon , cuz my mind is right now out of ideas. so plz wowinterface users... come with some replies (y)
thanks anyways =)
//xJiinez

Last edited by xJiinez : 02-04-13 at 08:35 AM.
01-27-13, 12:54 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1) Please do not use giant neon text for your post. It literally hurts my eyes to read your post; even those without any visual impairments will likely find it annoyingly hard to read.

2) If you want to learn how to write addons, I'd suggest starting with a simple addon you already use. Think of some way you'd like to change how it works, and try to make that change.

3) If you don't actually care about the addon you're writing, you're not going to have any fun, you're not going to learn much, and you probably won't even finish writing it. Assuming you actually play WoW, there must be some part of the UI that bothers you, or some part of some addon you use that bothers you. Figure out what you want to write, and then write it.
01-27-13, 01:20 AM   #3
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Perhaps you can try to help this guy
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=45488
02-04-13, 08:30 AM   #4
xJiinez
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
Perhaps you can try to help this guy
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=45488
hihi,, thanks man
02-04-13, 08:32 AM   #5
xJiinez
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
1) Please do not use giant neon text for your post. It literally hurts my eyes to read your post; even those without any visual impairments will likely find it annoyingly hard to read.

2) If you want to learn how to write addons, I'd suggest starting with a simple addon you already use. Think of some way you'd like to change how it works, and try to make that change.

3) If you don't actually care about the addon you're writing, you're not going to have any fun, you're not going to learn much, and you probably won't even finish writing it. Assuming you actually play WoW, there must be some part of the UI that bothers you, or some part of some addon you use that bothers you. Figure out what you want to write, and then write it.
1) yes i play wow!

2) i see what you mean but its like soooo hard you know like, if you are a coder, and it is your first time or second time.. wouldnt it be hard to come up with an idea? :/

3) thanks for the writing tips ^^

have a good day

Last edited by xJiinez : 02-04-13 at 05:20 PM. Reason: phanx is female :c
02-04-13, 12:07 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by xJiinez View Post
1) yes bro i play wow!

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone on the Internet is male. Phanx is female. Not all women prefer to be called "bro".
02-04-13, 10:46 PM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by xJiinez View Post
i see what you mean but its like soooo hard you know like, if you are a coder, and it is your first time or second time.. wouldnt it be hard to come up with an idea?
It's not really that hard to come up with an idea. What bothers you about your UI? What do you wish you could change? What option do you wish was included in one of the addons you use? Maybe you're currently using an addon that does what you want, but not quite the way you want, and you're only using it because you couldn't find any alternative. Maybe you just don't like where the hotkey text on your action buttons is.

My point was that if you're writing the addon "just because" -- rather than writing the addon to solve a specific problem for yourself -- it's going to feel like a chore, and you will probably lose interest before you're finished. Writing an addon isn't a requirement for anything. If there's nothing you want to write, you don't have to write something.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Need some inspiration :)