10-20-07, 08:55 PM   #1
emysoab
A Defias Bandit
Raid target icons.

Raid target icon's are really useful for directing dps, but it can be difficult to actually target the correct mob if they're being swarmed by other players or mobs. I thought a nice Idea for an addon would be a row of buttons which shows the various Raid Target Icon's that've been put up, and allows you to target the mob with that certain icon simply by clicking it. So If a Star, Skull, and X have been marked, a small box with a Star, Skull, and X pops up, and lets you target any of the mobs by clicking on the icons.

I've looked around a little bit and not found any mod like this. If there's something with a similar functionality could someone point me in the right direction?
10-20-07, 09:21 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Banana bar 2 and Lucky charms 2

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
10-20-07, 09:29 PM   #3
emysoab
A Defias Bandit
Oooh Thanks.

EDIT: I wasn't able to find an up to date version of Banana bar, and Lucky charms wasn't what I was looking for. I don't need something to help me set up raid target icons, I want something to help me target them once they've been put up.

Last edited by emysoab : 10-20-07 at 09:51 PM.
10-27-07, 08:04 PM   #4
emysoab
A Defias Bandit
bomp......
10-27-07, 11:54 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
can't be done (at least not until Blizz adds unique ids for each mob) - if it could, I'm sure there would be 5 of them by now.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-28-07, 10:12 AM   #6
robthedude
Don't Panic

Yeah, really want blizz to add an easy way to target raid icons (like '/targetstar' for example), it'd help immensly with things like crowd control... focus does the job pretty well, until the group/raid leader decides to change the mark to a different mob.
In an ideal world (of warcraft), the focus could be set to a raid icon instead of a specific mob, switching each time the leader has a change of heart...

10-28-07, 09:56 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I have my poly macro set focus when poly is cast. I would only cast my cc spell after the leader is done making assignments and we are pulling.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Raid target icons.