01-15-10, 09:34 PM   #1
Jìo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cool LF two addons

I've been looking for quite some time now for a minimap addon that hides the minimap(and all of its content, including zone text, buttons etc. and I want it toggable thru a hotkey. Atm im running with Chinchilla and made the minimap so small that its barely visiable and put it behind my unit frame and it works.. to some extent. i cant toggle it on and off and as i do my random heroics i cant zone in and out of the dungeon due to having the minimap behind the unitframe

And for the second addon, ive been searching for a sct for my cooldowns so whenever I press on a abillity that has a cooldown(greater then 10 seconds or if its possible to do, a addon that excludes all my spells that aint just on cooldown due to my Runes being on cooldown i.e i use both my blood runes and try to use a blood strike it should be spamming unless its a >10 sec rule for the cooldowns.) it should pop up in the middle of the screen(or to my liking) if there's an addon out there that does this i'd love to see some pointers for it as it seems to be something others might have thought of before(been looking around in msbt without success)

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/DKjio.jpg
That is what my ui looks like atm and I would like to remove the cooldown bar as its spammed with useless spells due to the runes being on cooldown and it just doesnt suite me while I dont want some addon that have cd bars for spells and abillities either. my screen is already plenty filled with stuff as it is :P

Hope you understood what i meant with the 2 requests. I barely do myself when I read it xD

Thanks in advance, Jìo.
01-15-10, 10:52 PM   #2
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First addon: You could check out one of my earliest attempts at writing an addon called OnScreen. Unfortunately, it's outdated, and it's a little messy, but I just looked at my old code, and it should still work. You would basically want to go into the options and set Minimap to "Show", but keep the "Enabled" button unchecked. Then go into key bindings, and set a button to let you toggle it manually.

Second addon: I use Ellipsis for my cooldown monitoring, and I love it. You would have to manually blacklist all your abilities that depend on runes to prevent them from spamming you, but the process is very easy and you can do it right on the bar, without having to go into config screens or anything. Once you've spent 15 seconds doing that for all your rune abilities, I think it should about do what you're looking for.

Sorry if neither of these is ideal, but that's my two cents. Good luck!
01-15-10, 11:05 PM   #3
Jìo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I will def. try out OnScreen so thanks for that, sounds like it will do what I want anyways.

About Ellipsis its just the thing I want to avoid(if iunderstood the creators notes) I only want it to show up in some way when i try to use the abillity. like for example in SCT or some kind of raid warning just for me.

For example if you look at the picture on the link on the OP id like the blue warning from deadly boss mods to be likewise saying "Summon gargoyle on CD 7s" or something like that when I try to use it.
01-16-10, 08:53 AM   #4
mitch0
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello,

For the cooldown thing, take a look at CooldownToGo. You'll need to set up an ignore list for the spells you don't want to see, but otherwise it does just what you need I think.

cheers,
mitch
01-16-10, 10:53 PM   #5
Jìo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Working perfectly with CooldownToGo and OnScreen. Thanks alot both of you

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF two addons