06-16-11, 12:07 AM   #1
manu9
A Murloc Raider
How would one make party frames?

Hey, I'd like to thank you for ouf, and ask a question, if i'm using a preset Ouf, and changed a bit in it (Qulights)..

I need to make party frames, and not have raidframes as partyframes - with their debuffs.

Last edited by manu9 : 06-28-11 at 12:19 AM.
06-28-11, 12:20 AM   #2
manu9
A Murloc Raider
Anyone able to help, please?
06-28-11, 03:23 AM   #3
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
summer vacation :'(
06-29-11, 01:45 AM   #4
manu9
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
summer vacation :'(
Aw yeah =(
07-07-11, 05:44 AM   #5
Rainrider
A Firelord
People here usually help on specific topics and don't do stuff for you. Generally it works like that:

You look how the code works in your chosen layout and try to modify it yourself. Trial and error is your best bet on this.

When you have some progress, post your question and a screenshot of your work with some explanation what you try to achieve and highlight of what you got instead (just stating that you want something different than what's built in is not clear enough)

If you need basic information about how party frames are spawned or how to add ouf elements like debuffs, then you'd better have a look at zork's oUF Simple 2 (browse his repository and compare the diffs. That helps a ton)
07-07-11, 08:07 AM   #6
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Hey manu9

I can might help you with this, just need to come home from work, and i will take a look at this.
07-07-11, 06:28 PM   #7
manu9
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rainrider View Post
People here usually help on specific topics and don't do stuff for you. Generally it works like that:

You look how the code works in your chosen layout and try to modify it yourself. Trial and error is your best bet on this.

When you have some progress, post your question and a screenshot of your work with some explanation what you try to achieve and highlight of what you got instead (just stating that you want something different than what's built in is not clear enough)

If you need basic information about how party frames are spawned or how to add ouf elements like debuffs, then you'd better have a look at zork's oUF Simple 2 (browse his repository and compare the diffs. That helps a ton)
Sorry quite new in the Ouf scene, and since I don't know much in Lua, i tried copying codes from other layouts and putting it there with slight modifications and it did not work, so I thought I'd ask here for help, since there is no better place.
07-07-11, 06:28 PM   #8
manu9
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
Hey manu9

I can might help you with this, just need to come home from work, and i will take a look at this.
Great, thanks a million ^_^
07-09-11, 02:09 PM   #9
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

It's more work than i through =( sorry.
07-10-11, 11:52 AM   #10
manu9
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
It's more work than i through =( sorry.

Nps, thanks for trying
07-13-11, 05:49 AM   #11
Rostok
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You should show us what you want to achieve, what you already have and the way to the result.
We can debug some code for you then if that is really not working for you.
But you have to make the first steps.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » How would one make party frames?