12-13-11, 05:54 AM   #1
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Question MinimapButtonFrame problem

Hi, I have NUI+ and MBF installed but after the latest udate all of the non blizz buttons dissapeared into the NUI minimap bag.

When i tried to add them back to the MBF frame it REALLY screwed the graphical portions of the UI!

releasing the button when i finally found it again kind of fixed it but alot of the places that nui uses a button hidden behind a picture for were now visible.....

is there a way to disable the nui button bag or at least have it only collect buttons i tell it to?"

12-13-11, 03:43 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Folder: \Interface\AddOns\nUI\Plugins\
File: nUI_ButtonBag.lua

There is this block of code near the top of the file:

Code:
	-- buttons we want to force ignore of

Excludes = 
	{		
		["MiniMapMailFrame"] = true,
		["MiniMapBattlefieldFrame"] = true,
		["MinimapBackdrop"] = true,
		["MiniMapPing"] = true,
		["MiniMapCompassRing"] = true,
		["MinimapZoomIn"] = true,
		["MinimapZoomOut"] = true,
		["MiniMapTracking"] = true,
		["MiniMapWorldMapButton"] = true,
		["GatherMiniNoteUpdateFrame"] = true,
		["TimeManagerClockButton"] = true,
		["FishingBuddyMinimapMenuButton"] = true,
		["PoisonerMinimapButton"] = true,
		["MiniMapLFGFrame"] = true,
		["GameTimeFrame"] = false,
	},	

-- buttons we want to force inclusion of

Includes = 
	{		
		["WIM_IconFrame"] = true,
		["CTMod2_MinimapButton"] = true,
		["PoisonerMinimapButton"] = true,
		["GameTimeFrame"] = true,
		["MobMapMinimapButtonFrame"] = true,
		["BaudGearMinimapButton"] = true,
	},
The exculdes are ones that appear on the map the Includes are ones that get thrown in the bag. Apart from Calendar which gets toggled with /nui calendar if I remember rightly.

If you can locate the name of the button try adding it to the respective block and do a reload of the UI and see if it resolves your problem.

12-13-11, 05:41 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I would ask "why use MBF at all" ??

It's effectively just the nUI button bag with a couple of extra options.

I would suggest disable MBF and just add any buttons you want to stay on the minimap to the "Excludes" list Xrystal mentioned.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-13-11, 09:39 PM   #4
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
How do I find out a minimap button name so I can add it to the includes list for nUI_ButtonBag, as I use Leatrix Plus and it puts a green button near my minimap, which accesses the options for the addon (as they don't appear in the Escape key > Interface > Addons tab.

12-13-11, 09:41 PM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Type '/framestack' then mouse over the button you want to add to the includes list... it should show at least one frame name, if not more... most of the time it's pretty obvious which one is the right one.

You can use '/framestack' a second time to turn it back off.

12-14-11, 08:17 AM   #6
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I would ask "why use MBF at all" ??

It's effectively just the nUI button bag with a couple of extra options.

I would suggest disable MBF and just add any buttons you want to stay on the minimap to the "Excludes" list Xrystal mentioned.

Mbf is positional and it means i dont have to use as many click to get to it.... plus some icons I need fast access to to turn off other elements of the UI.
And Xrystal's method is fine if you dont mind editing LUA files but for some people thats just too much work or indeed to daunting to try.
I love 95% of NUI but it is not ideal for everyone as a be-all-end-all UI.
Some flexibility in it for the people that would like to disable certain parts might be nice.
It's nothing against you as a coder but its frustrating to be told basically "deal with it or dont use it"

12-14-11, 10:05 AM   #7
Chmee
A Molten Giant
What does "positional' mean? That you can move it around on the screen? Try the /nui movers command. As for opening the button bag, that only takes one click, so I'm not sure what you mean by "don't have to use as many clicks to get to". You can also key bind it. In my key bindings window its pretty much all the way at the bottom of the list.

Personally, I disable almost all the bag buttons (right now I have one: atlas, which won't go away even though I've unchecked the option in the atlas config window. Instead, I have them as menu items on Chocolate Bar. I suppose if I thought about it, I'd put 'em back in the bag and unclutter the bar — at least the ones I don't use often.

Easier configuration of various things in nUI is one reason Scott's working on nUI6. Of course, if you've been following the various threads here over the last couple of days, you'll understand that Scott has had to go back to square one on nUI6 development, so it's going to be a while before it's working well again. In the meantime, 5 is what we have. Nobody said "deal with it or don't use it", we've tried to help you "deal with it". If you'd rather not, that's up to you.

12-14-11, 11:03 AM   #8
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
What does "positional' mean? That you can move it around on the screen? Try the /nui movers command. As for opening the button bag, that only takes one click, so I'm not sure what you mean by "don't have to use as many clicks to get to". You can also key bind it. In my key bindings window its pretty much all the way at the bottom of the list.

Personally, I disable almost all the bag buttons (right now I have one: atlas, which won't go away even though I've unchecked the option in the atlas config window. Instead, I have them as menu items on Chocolate Bar. I suppose if I thought about it, I'd put 'em back in the bag and unclutter the bar — at least the ones I don't use often.

Easier configuration of various things in nUI is one reason Scott's working on nUI6. Of course, if you've been following the various threads here over the last couple of days, you'll understand that Scott has had to go back to square one on nUI6 development, so it's going to be a while before it's working well again. In the meantime, 5 is what we have. Nobody said "deal with it or don't use it", we've tried to help you "deal with it". If you'd rather not, that's up to you.
Spot on

12-14-11, 11:06 AM   #9
schmitty
A Cliff Giant

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Mechrior View Post
Mbf is positional and it means i dont have to use as many click to get to it.... plus some icons I need fast access to to turn off other elements of the UI.
Some flexibility in it for the people that would like to disable certain parts might be nice.

12-14-11, 03:32 PM   #10
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Type '/framestack' then mouse over the button you want to add to the includes list... it should show at least one frame name, if not more... most of the time it's pretty obvious which one is the right one.

You can use '/framestack' a second time to turn it back off.
Not had much luck with this, so I have asked the mod's author for the button's frame name.

12-14-11, 05:50 PM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

No offense taken at all... however... This will *never* happen... it is exactly what nUI was designed to not do. Some explanation of that is here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23943

For those who prefer to roll their own custom UI, nUI is not the solution. It is the solution for people who *don't* want to do that... that only have to worry about a single addon on patch day and don't have to spend hours/days fussing around with fixing their UI every time a mod changes.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » MinimapButtonFrame problem