Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-08-11, 09:20 PM   #1
imperialskull
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Animated textures in WoW

I have always been a lover of addons, they bring a great deal of flexability and power to my gaming experience, but that said they don't always look as appealing as I would like. For instance nUI, my bread and butter addon (seriously I love it) has only one downside; I'm, not really a fan of a spartan black interface. So far this has not hindered me at all from simply making my own textures and UI panels which when I finish polishing them up I will certainly upload. I know that textures have to be a power of 2 and that WoW only picks up .Tga's and .Blp files (and .png -> .Blp), or it will A: throw an error flag and/or cause a client crash, or B: upload the bane of UI artists everwhere, the dreaded rainbow mishmash texture. I will just assume that WoW will not load a .gif or other animated file, but I do know that other addons have used Lua to make textures rotate. The question of course is can you create an animated frame in WoW using lua or by other means? I'm currently working on a skin that would have animated torches or the like and this is the only thing holding me back. Any advice that anyone has would be greatly appreciated, and who knows maybe with your help we can create something unique and amazing.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Animated textures in WoW