07-27-16, 08:19 PM   #1
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm the only one with AdiButtonAuras error spam?

AdiButtonAuras is getting beta updates every day since the last 2 weeks but I get the same 3 errors every update:

Lua Code:
  1. 30x AdiButtonAuras\core\Overlays.lua:571: attempt to call method 'GetAllIds' (a nil value)
  2. AdiButtonAuras\core\Overlays.lua:571: in function `GetAction'
  3. AdiButtonAuras\core\Overlays.lua:255: in function `UpdateAction'
  4. AdiButtonAuras\core\Overlays.lua:247: in function <AdiButtonAuras\core\Overlays.lua:245>
  5. (tail call): ?
  6. [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
  7. [C]: ?
  8. [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
  9. ...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:90: in function `SendMessage'
  10. AdiButtonAuras\core\Core.lua:657: in function `?'
  11. ...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:145: in function <...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:145>
  12. [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
  13. [C]: ?
  14. [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
  15. ...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:90: in function <...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:85>
  16. (tail call): ?
  18. Locals:
  19. nil

Lua Code:
  1. 6x AdiButtonAuras\core\Core.lua:285: attempt to call field 'RegisterCallback' (a nil value)
  2. AdiButtonAuras\core\Core.lua:285: in function `?'
  3. ...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:145: in function <...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:145>
  4. [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:4>
  5. [C]: ?
  6. [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:13: in function `?'
  7. ...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:90: in function <...Ons\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:85>
  8. (tail call): ?
  10. Locals:
  11. nil

Lua Code:
  1. 6x ...ttonAuras\libs\LibSpellbook-1.0\LibSpellbook-1.0-19.lua:39: Cannot find a library instance of "LibArtifactData-1.0".
  2. [C]: in function `error'
  3. LibStub\LibStub-1.0.2.60000.lua:38: in function `LibStub'
  4. ...ttonAuras\libs\LibSpellbook-1.0\LibSpellbook-1.0-19.lua:39: in main chunk
  6. Locals:
  7. (*temporary) = "Cannot find a library instance of "LibArtifactData-1.0"."
07-30-16, 07:46 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Based on the error message, the required LibArtifactData-1.0 library is missing from the WowAce package. I couldn't find a WowAce/Curse page for it, but you can get it here:

https://github.com/Rainrider/LibArtifactData-1.0

Remove the "-master" suffix from the folder in the ZIP you get from there, and drop the whole folder inside the AdiButtonAuras/libs folder, then restart WoW.

You should also report this on the AdiButtonAuras page; it's likely the authors will never realize unless someone points it out to them, since they obviously have a local copy of the library.
07-31-16, 09:13 PM   #3
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Thank you! It was a lib problem. Uhm I installed the nolib version with curse and looks like it did not install the right libs for it automatic. Shoud I report that anyway? Not shure it its a curse problem because for other addons it works fine and installes the libs separately.
08-02-16, 02:50 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

You should still report it.

It's not in the non-nolib package, either, but even if it was, the -nolib package would still be broken because the library isn't available on Curse at all. Either its author needs to make a Curse project for it, or it needs to be hard-embedded in AdiButtonAuras so it's still included in -nolib packages.
08-14-16, 05:33 AM   #5
Rainrider
A Firelord
https://github.com/AdiAddons/AdiButt...ment-239668841

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » I'm the only one with AdiButtonAuras error spam?