04-30-13, 05:20 PM   #41
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Sublime 3 doesn't run without a license, don't know if that will change once it's out of beta.
Yeah, it just requires a license while it's in beta stage.
05-01-13, 01:44 AM   #42
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Green means "go" or "good". Red means "stop" or "bad". You want as few globals as possible. So... Red > Green.
Oh i tought you guys about the official blizzard globals, like:

https://github.com/Resike/BlizzardIn...balStrings.lua

or like MAX_BATTLEFIELD_QUEUES.

My main idea was like if its a global then red, if its a wow global then change color.

Last edited by Resike : 05-01-13 at 01:52 AM.
05-01-13, 02:38 AM   #43
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
WoW love Sublime Text too! But what do you think how long will it be for free? Looks like more often you use it the by now option pops up again and I have to klick no again... 70$ seams to be much!
Well its freeware atleast the 2nd edition is, while 3rd edition requires a registration and a payment of 70$ - this however, as far as i'm concerned should automatically chance once ST3 is out of BETA stage, they are already talking about ST4..

ST3 has some pretty cool features such as Go to definition, but going from "freeware" to pay 70$ for a few additional advantages is not worth it IMO. Make a donation page instead and i'm sure many people will be willing to donate 10-40$ for it, i myself is one of them.
05-01-13, 07:45 AM   #44
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
Oh i tought you guys about the official blizzard globals, like:

https://github.com/Resike/BlizzardIn...balStrings.lua

or like MAX_BATTLEFIELD_QUEUES.

My main idea was like if its a global then red, if its a wow global then change color.
A global is a global; whether or not it's from the default UI is irrelevant.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
05-01-13, 08:38 AM   #45
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Reached 999 APIS ^^

05-01-13, 12:39 PM   #46
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Lets change that to 1500 APIs ^^

05-01-13, 12:52 PM   #47
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by fRodzet View Post
Lets change that to 1500 APIs ^^
Ay ay ay! Un burro amoroso!
05-01-13, 01:07 PM   #48
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Un burro amoroso!
Thats a donkey or something eh?
05-01-13, 01:16 PM   #49
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by fRodzet View Post
Thats a donkey or something eh?
Maybe. I just know Bumblebee Man says it
05-01-13, 01:18 PM   #50
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Maybe. I just know Bumblebee Man says it
hehe Google Translate says: A donkey love!
05-01-13, 02:52 PM   #51
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
API Functions done, moving on to widgets now!
05-02-13, 06:35 AM   #52
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Improved TabStop.. Allows you to do w/e you want with your API's using Tab to go to next tabstop and Shift + Tab to go to previous tab stop, while CTRL + Enter enters the next line, now you can Delete, Add and Edit any content of an API.

Test

Sorry for the quality.
05-02-13, 05:44 PM   #53
Rainrider
A Firelord
The video is blocked in Germany because GEMA has not granted the publishing rights (let's proxy that ). As for globals vs retired api functions: maybe highlight globals with a red background and retired functions with a red font? Won't be an issue unless someone uses a theme with red background but that's probably pretty uncommon
05-02-13, 05:48 PM   #54
Rainrider
A Firelord
Also, do you plan to host this like on github, so maybe someone could help you keep it up-to-date?
05-03-13, 02:43 AM   #55
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
You should also try this plugin for Sublime:

World of Warcraft TOC file Syntax
My package will include Highlights for .TOC, .Lua and .XML

Originally Posted by Rainrider View Post
As for globals vs retired api functions: maybe highlight globals with a red background and retired functions with a red font? Won't be an issue unless someone uses a theme with red background but that's probably pretty uncommon
Could be useful, we can use negative color values or w/e its called - if the background is red the background of a global can turn e.g. black, if black it turns red, etc. So global variables will have a background of some sort and the color will simply just differ to some other color dependent on the schema used. Should be easy to recognize globals even if it doesn't show a RED background around the variables, but simply states that if there is a background - its a global.

Originally Posted by Rainrider View Post
Also, do you plan to host this like on github, so maybe someone could help you keep it up-to-date?
Atm i have not planned using Github, but thats just because i don't use it myself and i'm not familiar with it. However if people think this would be a good "feature" i'm willing to add it to github aswell.

Last edited by fRodzet : 05-03-13 at 02:47 AM.
05-03-13, 08:04 AM   #56
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
JESUS F****** CHRIST! My HDD crashed, fortunately i did make a backup on my other HDD but i lost hours of work
05-03-13, 10:03 AM   #57
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

OUCH.

Been there, done that, was grateful for the backups. It's always easier the second time around, though. Sorry to hear. :/

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
05-04-13, 04:28 AM   #58
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
OUCH.

Been there, done that, was grateful for the backups. It's always easier the second time around, though. Sorry to hear. :/
True its faster the 2nd time but i still lost like 7-8 hours of work :P However i made it so that each time i hit save a backup file will be created @ my backup HDD :P Crashing shouldn't remove that much of a work again :P
05-05-13, 04:33 PM   #59
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Not trying to make your head explode, but any plans to support the Ace3 API and/or a few major libraries? If not, no big deal. I was just curious.

And I have halted development of a new AddOn just to give your plugin a whirl. Can't wait to test!
05-06-13, 03:47 AM   #60
fRodzet
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Not trying to make your head explode, but any plans to support the Ace3 API and/or a few major libraries? If not, no big deal. I was just curious.

And I have halted development of a new AddOn just to give your plugin a whirl. Can't wait to test!
I have thought of Ace3 lib support and some other major libaries. However, Ace3 is one huge "package" aswell, and won't be supported in the first release, would require another week to be implemented That being said i have now looked a few of my files through and considered how far i got i believe i have time to add some syntax highlighting to the first version - if this is the case, Ace3 libs can be supported within a few days after the first release.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Sublime Text 2 - WoW Package Project.