08-08-09, 01:19 AM   #1
Chasm
A Murloc Raider
minimap quest giver icons

my minimap quest giver icons have become a lot smaller since the upgrade. is there a fix i am missing that will increase the size? i am not talking about the carbonite questgivers, just the minimap ones

08-08-09, 01:49 AM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

It's like that for everyone. Particularly annoying since the yellow dots for tracked nodes are tiny.

Best way I've found to offset it is by using SexyMap and its scale option to set it to 1.3 times the size of the original minimap.

08-08-09, 03:43 AM   #3
Chasm
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
It's like that for everyone. Particularly annoying since the yellow dots for tracked nodes are tiny.

Best way I've found to offset it is by using SexyMap and its scale option to set it to 1.3 times the size of the original minimap.
thanks for the tip

Last edited by Chasm : 08-08-09 at 03:54 AM.

08-14-09, 09:37 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
They don't seem much smaller to me. Try left clicking the "Minimap icon/dots scale" line on the Map Minimap page of the Options window and entering a 1.5.

The default of 1 looks fine to me.

08-14-09, 11:32 PM   #5
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
They don't seem much smaller to me. Try left clicking the "Minimap icon/dots scale" line on the Map Minimap page of the Options window and entering a 1.5.

The default of 1 looks fine to me.
No, the Carbonite ones are fine, but the Blizzard icons have definately been reduced in size. That's what we were discussing.

08-15-09, 12:16 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I am talking about the Blizzard minimap icons and tracking dots. Mine look fine.

08-15-09, 02:01 AM   #7
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Hmm, that is odd - mine are significantly reduced. They're approximately one half of the size they were before the 3.2 patch.

Going to check if it changes when I adjust the UI scale in the Blizzard video options.

Update: Yep, setting UI scale closer to "High" makes the minimap icons bigger. However, I can't tell if they're reduced compared to what they were before, or if it's just the icons closer to "Low", which I use, that have been significantly reduced in size.

Last edited by Jigain : 08-15-09 at 02:09 AM.

08-15-09, 03:55 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have Use UI Scale off, which turns out to be 90%, which is 10 notches below High (100%).

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » minimap quest giver icons