07-24-16, 11:53 AM   #21
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by MadMisha View Post
yeah dont even have the addon button to click on. i redownloaded the file thats supposed to be for the new patch and will run repair, thanks for all your help!
You're welcome.

A last thought, based on your reply if you can't see an "AddOns" button on your character screen, you don't have an "Interface" folder in your main WoW folder. So your "Addons" button won't show up.

If you look at cruizok's post again, you can see that the "Interface" folder is in WoW's main folder and the "AddOns" folder is in the "Interface" folder.

If they're not there and your "AddOns" folder is in the main WoW folder instead, you have to create the "Interface" folder and move the "AddOns" folder in to that one. Then WoW should see your addons as it should.

07-25-16, 09:57 AM   #22
cruizok
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thanks for clarifying my file structure is correct, always wondered if it was right, but have done it this way on all our computers.

And good to know about the git files! had no idea so always unzipped them also :-)

for the one who can't seem to get wow to see carbonite, i wonder if they're installing it under a "carbonite' or "carbonite-master" folder instead of directly in the addon folder itself.

edit: just saw someone addressed this folder issue again, so this is redundant
:-)

07-26-16, 07:06 AM   #23
MadMisha
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
You're welcome.

A last thought, based on your reply if you can't see an "AddOns" button on your character screen, you don't have an "Interface" folder in your main WoW folder. So your "Addons" button won't show up.

If you look at cruizok's post again, you can see that the "Interface" folder is in WoW's main folder and the "AddOns" folder is in the "Interface" folder.

If they're not there and your "AddOns" folder is in the main WoW folder instead, you have to create the "Interface" folder and move the "AddOns" folder in to that one. Then WoW should see your addons as it should.
i did double check the directories to make sure they were in the right place and they are, tryed a couple of other addons and they didnt work either, blizz kinda said tough, we dont support addons so they arent even looking, so not sure what the problem is but will continue to lool

07-26-16, 06:57 PM   #24
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
This is the the file structure for my install. I have mine on a seperate but this is not much diffrent than bas install that installs it in the Program Files.

Also found this info

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/faq.php?faq=install
right click on image and open in tab, I suck at images from Onedrive.

To manually install your mods:

1. Download your chosen addon

2. Extract the files to a folder on your desktop.

3. Open your WoW folder.

If using a PC, the typical default install path is:

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft

If using a Macintosh, the typical default install path is:

Macintosh Main HD (or whatever you renamed it to, if you did)/Applications/World of Warcraft

4. In the WoW folder, create a new folder called Interface (if it doesn’t already exist)

5. Open that folder, create another one inside it, called AddOns (again, if it doesn’t already exist)

6. Open the AddOns folder

7. Copy the files from the folder on your desktop into the AddOns folder

8. Your final path should look like:

PC:

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\< ModAFolderName >\< files >
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\< ModBFolderName >\< files >
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\< ModCFolderName >\< files >

Mac:

Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/< ModAFolderName >/< files >
Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/< ModBFolderName >/< files >
Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/ < ModCFolderName >/< files >

(where < ModAFolder > < .B. > < .C. > are the names of the actual folders that the mods create)

9. Log into game. At the character select screen, there should be an "AddOns" button in the lower left corner. Click on that. If any of the mods in the list that pops up say "out of date" or some such, choose the "Load Outdated AddOns" option.

10. Log the rest of the way into game, you should be up and running now.

Where should my files be saved? (Having trouble)
The should be saved in a single level folder. One of the most common reason that UI's wont load is that there is a sub-folder inside the Custom UI Folder

Here are two pictures one showing the wrong way, and one showing the correct way. Click on the images to see the larger image

WRONG WAY CORRECT WAY

Click images to enlarge

Still having trouble! What now?
1. Is there any chance that you have 2 WoW directories?

ie: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Blah blah blah and C:\World of Warcraft\Blah blah blah, or anything like that?

If so, that may be the problem. Try putting your ui files in the other one.

2. Did you make sure that the files aren't in a sub-folder within your custom folder? See the graphical interpretation above.

You can post questions on installing troubles in the Interface/Script Help . Please read through or use the search feature first. Most of the time your questions have been answered already.

Be sure to read this thread first before posting your help request.

Include this information in your post:

When asking for help in trouble shooting a problem you are having with a skin/mod please include this information in your post.

1. What is the name of the mod, provide a link to where its located on our site. If its your own home made dont worry about it.

2. What steps did you take to install the mod? Post your complete install path. If you don't give us your complete install path, all we can do is guess as to what the problem may be.

3. Be as descriptive as you can. Just posting you cant get xyz mod to work will result in no responce to your help request. The more information you can provide the faster some one will respond.

Last edited by Thrumbar : 07-26-16 at 07:01 PM.

07-27-16, 10:44 AM   #25
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Still Not Working...?

Hey guys, I hate to be a PITA about this, but I don't know if it's something I'm doing, not doing, or just plain screwing up on.

I've downloaded the latest file from Github and unzipped it in the addon directory. I even removed all Carbonite files and reinstalled it. I even went as far as to do the repair of deleting the WTF, Interface & Cache files.

I've unchecked all addons and do them one at a time, logging in after each one. My FPS is 110 to 120 each time.

Yet, when I load Carbonite, my FPS drops to 2-3, and it's so lag/jerky that it's unbearable!

The strangest part about all this is that it ONLY happens when I am in my garrison. Once I leave my garrison, it clears up. Everyplace else is good - Ashran, Lions Den, SW, Dal, IF, Shatt. ONLY garrison is impacted.

If it weren't for the fact of trying to herb & mine, I would just set my hearth to Ashran. But in doing that I miss out on several things offered only by my garrison.

Can someone out there please help me?

07-27-16, 12:23 PM   #26
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mordralis View Post
Hey guys, I hate to be a PITA about this, but I don't know if it's something I'm doing, not doing, or just plain screwing up on.

I've downloaded the latest file from Github and unzipped it in the addon directory. I even removed all Carbonite files and reinstalled it. I even went as far as to do the repair of deleting the WTF, Interface & Cache files.

I've unchecked all addons and do them one at a time, logging in after each one. My FPS is 110 to 120 each time.

Yet, when I load Carbonite, my FPS drops to 2-3, and it's so lag/jerky that it's unbearable!

The strangest part about all this is that it ONLY happens when I am in my garrison. Once I leave my garrison, it clears up. Everyplace else is good - Ashran, Lions Den, SW, Dal, IF, Shatt. ONLY garrison is impacted.

If it weren't for the fact of trying to herb & mine, I would just set my hearth to Ashran. But in doing that I miss out on several things offered only by my garrison.

Can someone out there please help me?
Do u have garrison mine? herb garden? Try to disable showing nodes on minimap in blizzard ui and in carbonite.

07-27-16, 10:25 PM   #27
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Gather Did Not Resolve Issue

Ircdirk, thanks for responding and for your input. I deselected everything that had to do with gathering in Carbonite and WoW. That still does not help. FPS is at 2. I even disabled quest givers locations, to no avail. I just find this strange that it only happens in my garrison, no place else on Draenor. I guess in another month it will be moot issue anyway, with Legion - unless I have to go thru Draenor again in building another toon.

08-06-16, 02:04 PM   #28
Orpheus66
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the update, been using Carbonite since TBC (I remember having to pay for the addon). Anyways I hope the quest tracking is better for Legion because I found in WoD it was pretty much unusable.

Anyways I noticed that in BG's I don't see any flags or POI. I know I have them enabled but I just don't see them. Is anyone else having this issue?

edit: Looks like it is show everything but flags. It showed the carts in the underground BG but it didn't show the flags in AB or EOTS

Last edited by Orpheus66 : 08-06-16 at 02:16 PM.

08-06-16, 04:50 PM   #29
sajon.kaber
A Kobold Labourer
Thank You + a ?..

First of all I would like to thank Rythal for taking over Carbonite an doing a great job!!!!
Second I know you are very busy trying to fix all the 7.x patch problems, and would like to say thanks for the work so far.

Is Carbonite Notes working with HandyNotes ??

Thank You...

08-06-16, 04:59 PM   #30
KrysEmlyn
A Fallenroot Satyr
From what I've seen in discussions on this site, Carbonite will work with HandyNotes.

08-07-16, 05:58 AM   #31
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by KrysEmlyn View Post
From what I've seen in discussions on this site, Carbonite will work with HandyNotes.
Yes it works with HandyNotes, but u have to have Carbonite Notes module and enable it Notes options.

08-07-16, 01:43 PM   #32
nausky
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Mordralis View Post
Ircdirk, thanks for responding and for your input. I deselected everything that had to do with gathering in Carbonite and WoW. That still does not help. FPS is at 2. I even disabled quest givers locations, to no avail. I just find this strange that it only happens in my garrison, no place else on Draenor. I guess in another month it will be moot issue anyway, with Legion - unless I have to go thru Draenor again in building another toon.
I just wanted to report that I'm having a similar problem. It's OK for solo content, my Garrison is actually fine... but if I go into Ashran with Carbonite enabled, hellooo 2 FPS.

08-08-16, 12:55 PM   #33
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I also am having heavy FPS drops in some areas, e.g., in garrison areas, with the addon enabled.

As an aside, honestly, it sort of unnerves me just how dependent I have been on this one addon through the years. Granted, most of Carbonite's features I really couldn't care less about, but for maps and quest help, the addon has been invaluable to me. As far as I know, there really is nothing else out here that would serve as a suitable alternative.

Last edited by Gho123 : 08-08-16 at 01:14 PM.

08-09-16, 10:15 PM   #34
Superhorny
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Gho123 View Post
I also am having heavy FPS drops in some areas, e.g., in garrison areas, with the addon enabled.

As an aside, honestly, it sort of unnerves me just how dependent I have been on this one addon through the years. Granted, most of Carbonite's features I really couldn't care less about, but for maps and quest help, the addon has been invaluable to me. As far as I know, there really is nothing else out here that would serve as a suitable alternative.
"I am a junkie, and i hate how bad i need a fix. I dont give a shit about most of drugs you sell, but i really need my heroin. I cant find another hookup"

Why even post at all if you are just going to be a whiny baby? This mod is AMAZING. I LOVE IT. Sure I am sad or upset when I have to use the ingame map and quest log, and the tracking hud doesn't work for a few days or a week or two following new content releases. That does not mean I come and shit up the forums whining and pseudo asking around for a replacement.

08-10-16, 05:09 PM   #35
cateye
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hm, you read that post as a complaint?

I thought it was a compliment to both the original Carbonite devs and to Rhythal for doing such a great job of keeping it an essential part of their WoW gameplay.

I, too, find it a little scary how much I suffer during those rare instances I have to turn my Carbonite maps and questing off.

08-11-16, 05:14 AM   #36
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by cateye View Post
Hm, you read that post as a complaint?

I thought it was a compliment to both the original Carbonite devs and to Rhythal for doing such a great job of keeping it an essential part of their WoW gameplay.

I, too, find it a little scary how much I suffer during those rare instances I have to turn my Carbonite maps and questing off.
Thank you for being infinitely more sensible than the poster before. I didn't bother to address them myself since, as the saying goes, you can't fix stupid.

08-11-16, 06:23 AM   #37
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Gho123 View Post
Thank you for being infinitely more sensible than the poster before. I didn't bother to address them myself since, as the saying goes, you can't fix stupid.
Stop offending each other.

08-11-16, 08:00 AM   #38
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Stop offending each other.
I am literally straining to avoid saying something here that I will regret. I'm going to let this go. You have yourself a fine day, sir.

08-11-16, 11:39 AM   #39
MadMisha
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
Make sure you copy/pasted the folders from the Carbonite-Master folder directly into the AddOns folder.

For example, after unzipping the Carbonite-Master folder, you will find another Carbonite-Master folder inside the unzipped folder. Open that one and copy and paste the folders of the modules you want into the AddOns folder.

It looks like this:
Carbonite-Master
--Carbonite-Master
---Carbonite
---Carbonite.Info
---Carbonite.Items
---Carbonite.Notes
---Carbonite.Quests
---Carbonite.Social
---Carbonite.Warehouse
---Carbonite.Weekly

I don't know why Github packs it like this, but it does.

I hope this helps.
just to let you know i finally figured out how to make it work, for some reason i had 2 copies of the game, one in program files and one in x86 files. i was putting it in the x86 files and as soon as i put it in the other
its works fine, not sure why i had 2 but oh well fixed now

08-11-16, 01:53 PM   #40
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
They are that way as there is a 32 Bit and a 64 bit Exe file so one set for each. The 32 bit exe is the x86 Program files while the 64 bit is the Program Files...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Carbonite 7.0.3