07-20-16, 07:38 PM   #1
stones
A Black Drake
Carbonite 7.0.3

Iv been away for about a year, and just got back playing wow where do i find the newest version of carbonite?

07-20-16, 09:18 PM   #2
cruizok
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just installed the latest I found on Github and it shows i have a combination of 7.0 and 6.2 modules. Maybe I didn't get the "latest" after all if you are using 7.0.3? Off to see what's up

07-20-16, 11:27 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The 6.2 ones means I have done nothing at all with them yet, Maps is my main priority... then Quests... then the rest

07-20-16, 11:37 PM   #4
cruizok
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
you just made my night :-) thanks!!!

07-21-16, 12:21 AM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Latest DEV version from github is updated for 7.0.3 => https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/archive/master.zip

Last edited by ircdirk : 07-24-16 at 07:48 AM.

07-21-16, 12:50 PM   #6
kussii
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Latest DEV version from github is updated for 7.0.3 => https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/archive/master.zip
link broken?

Last edited by ircdirk : 07-24-16 at 07:48 AM.

07-21-16, 01:17 PM   #7
Yuriko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Exclamation Aww

404, not found

Surrender
I know you're hiding here
Come, my dear
You can hide in the night while I'm waiting here, all alone

07-21-16, 01:36 PM   #8
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The live link is now the one to use.

https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/archive/master.zip

07-22-16, 04:14 PM   #9
MadMisha
An Aku'mai Servant
Help

have you had any issues with wow not knowing carbonite is there? downloaded quests and maps after the patch and put them in addons and wow doesnt even see them.

07-22-16, 04:59 PM   #10
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by MadMisha View Post
have you had any issues with wow not knowing carbonite is there? downloaded quests and maps after the patch and put them in addons and wow doesnt even see them.
Make sure you copy/pasted the folders from the Carbonite-Master folder directly into the AddOns folder.

For example, after unzipping the Carbonite-Master folder, you will find another Carbonite-Master folder inside the unzipped folder. Open that one and copy and paste the folders of the modules you want into the AddOns folder.

It looks like this:
Carbonite-Master
--Carbonite-Master
---Carbonite
---Carbonite.Info
---Carbonite.Items
---Carbonite.Notes
---Carbonite.Quests
---Carbonite.Social
---Carbonite.Warehouse
---Carbonite.Weekly

I don't know why Github packs it like this, but it does.

I hope this helps.

07-22-16, 08:29 PM   #11
cruizok
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'd like to clarify I'm understanding correctly. My Carbonite folders are installed directly into the Addons folder. To update I have to take all the sub folders under master or whatever folder and drop them into the addon directory. No main "carbonite" or "master" folder used.

Always wondered if this was correct, but it's been working that way since some random install ages ago. If it's not correct, I'll fix it! Would save me opening the folders to unzip. Carbonite is one of the few that I have to remove from the main folder when installing.

My folder "tree" in Win7 looks like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\interface\AddOns
\misc addon folders
\Carbonite
\Carbonite.Info
\Carbonite.Items
\Carbonite.Notes
\Carbonite.Quests
\Carbonite.Social
\Carbonite.Warehouse
\Carbonite.Weekly

\.gitattributes
\.gitignore
\misc other addon folders

07-22-16, 11:47 PM   #12
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by cruizok View Post
I'd like to clarify I'm understanding correctly. My Carbonite folders are installed directly into the Addons folder. To update I have to take all the sub folders under master or whatever folder and drop them into the addon directory. No main "carbonite" or "master" folder used.

Always wondered if this was correct, but it's been working that way since some random install ages ago. If it's not correct, I'll fix it! Would save me opening the folders to unzip. Carbonite is one of the few that I have to remove from the main folder when installing.

My folder "tree" in Win7 looks like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\interface\AddOns
\misc addon folders
\Carbonite
\Carbonite.Info
\Carbonite.Items
\Carbonite.Notes
\Carbonite.Quests
\Carbonite.Social
\Carbonite.Warehouse
\Carbonite.Weekly

\.gitattributes
\.gitignore
\misc other addon folders
What you have is correct. Thank you for the clarification on that.

However, the Git files aren't necessary for Carbonite to work.

07-23-16, 05:36 AM   #13
MadMisha
An Aku'mai Servant
tried

Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
Make sure you copy/pasted the folders from the Carbonite-Master folder directly into the AddOns folder.

For example, after unzipping the Carbonite-Master folder, you will find another Carbonite-Master folder inside the unzipped folder. Open that one and copy and paste the folders of the modules you want into the AddOns folder.

It looks like this:
Carbonite-Master
--Carbonite-Master
---Carbonite
---Carbonite.Info
---Carbonite.Items
---Carbonite.Notes
---Carbonite.Quests
---Carbonite.Social
---Carbonite.Warehouse
---Carbonite.Weekly

I don't know why Github packs it like this, but it does.

I hope this helps.
tried this and it still doesnt show up, not sure why, wondered if it had something to do with the patch

07-23-16, 11:07 AM   #14
Yuriko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Talking

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
The live link is now the one to use.

https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/archive/master.zip

Lovely! Thank you!

Surrender
I know you're hiding here
Come, my dear
You can hide in the night while I'm waiting here, all alone

07-23-16, 01:41 PM   #15
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

tried this and it still doesnt show up, not sure why, wondered if it had something to do with the patch
No it doesn't have anything to do with the patch. Did you check your addons list to make sure that you have Carbonite enabled? Check my attached screenshots to see what I mean by this.

At the Character window before you login, click on the AddOns button as indicated by the first screenshot.

Then as indicated by the second picture, make sure that the Carbonite modules you want to use are in the list with the other addons, and that they are enabled.

If they don't show up in this list, then you don't have Carbonite installed properly. In that case, look at cruizok's post which shows where the folders should be placed in Windows. It doesn't matter which version of Windows you have, the default folder WoW is installed to is the same. Basically it shows that the individual Carbonite folders should be placed in the same folder as your other addons.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWAddOns button.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	8760  Click image for larger version

Name:	AddOnListCharWin.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	8761  

07-24-16, 07:35 AM   #16
MadMisha
An Aku'mai Servant
Nope

No it doesn't have anything to do with the patch. Did you check your addons list to make sure that you have Carbonite enabled? Check my attached screenshots to see what I mean by this.

At the Character window before you login, click on the AddOns button as indicated by the first screenshot.

Then as indicated by the second picture, make sure that the Carbonite modules you want to use are in the list with the other addons, and that they are enabled.

If they don't show up in this list, then you don't have Carbonite installed properly. In that case, look at cruizok's post which shows where the folders should be placed in Windows. It doesn't matter which version of Windows you have, the default folder WoW is installed to is the same. Basically it shows that the individual Carbonite folders should be placed in the same folder as your other addons.

I hope this helps.
i dont even have that option, it still dont show so i tried recounty to see if it comes up, it doesnt, i then checked the wow forums and it seems quite a few people have the same issue, addons not working, but no solutions as of yet

07-24-16, 07:36 AM   #17
MadMisha
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by kussii View Post
link broken?
says 404 not found

07-24-16, 07:49 AM   #18
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
says 404 not found
Read whole thread before posting.

07-24-16, 09:22 AM   #19
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

i dont even have that option, it still dont show so i tried recounty to see if it comes up, it doesnt, i then checked the wow forums and it seems quite a few people have the same issue, addons not working, but no solutions as of yet
First, take ircdirk's advice and re-read the forum, somehow you missed that the working link to Carbonite was posted by Rythal and that it is also in my and other signatures in this thread.

Other than that in regards to the quote, you don't specify what option you don't have. Is it the Option to click on the AddOns button at your Character screen or to enable/disable addons in the addon list?

Anyway if the problem isn't specifically with Carbonite regardless of the version you have attempted to install, then the problem you are having is a WoW problem and not Carbonite which is beyond the scope of Carbonite's or any other addon's forum.

So my suggestion to you is to run a scan and repair from your game client by clicking options and choosing the scan and repair option. Let it run the full 30 or more minutes to give the game a chance to fix what might be broken. Then if that doesn't work, contact WoW support and submit a ticket.

I have attached a screenshot that shows where the scan and repair option in the client is.

Finally at this point, there is nothing more I can do for you since as I stated, your issue is with WoW and not Carbonite. Good luck, and I hope you get your issue solved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_Repair ScSht.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	8763  

07-24-16, 10:49 AM   #20
MadMisha
An Aku'mai Servant
First, take ircdirk's advice and re-read the forum, somehow you missed that the working link to Carbonite was posted by Rythal and that it is also in my and other signatures in this thread.

Other than that in regards to the quote, you don't specify what option you don't have. Is it the Option to click on the AddOns button at your Character screen or to enable/disable addons in the addon list?

Anyway if the problem isn't specifically with Carbonite regardless of the version you have attempted to install, then the problem you are having is a WoW problem and not Carbonite which is beyond the scope of Carbonite's or any other addon's forum.

So my suggestion to you is to run a scan and repair from your game client by clicking options and choosing the scan and repair option. Let it run the full 30 or more minutes to give the game a chance to fix what might be broken. Then if that doesn't work, contact WoW support and submit a ticket.

I have attached a screenshot that shows where the scan and repair option in the client is.

Finally at this point, there is nothing more I can do for you since as I stated, your issue is with WoW and not Carbonite. Good luck, and I hope you get your issue solved.
yeah dont even have the addon button to click on. i redownloaded the file thats supposed to be for the new patch and will run repair, thanks for all your help!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Carbonite 7.0.3