01-04-11, 12:32 PM   #1
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Request for Guild Experience Tracking

I am asking if anyone is able to make a guild tracking experience tracker for per character with support for LDB. I like to have the ability to track for per session per day.
01-04-11, 02:30 PM   #2
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
I'm not sure I fully understand everything you're asking for, but look at GuildXP. It's not 100% perfect for what I'd want to see, but the author says he's working on display options.

Or if anyone knows of another, I'm game for suggestions too \o.

I'm not sure what you mean about 'per character'. Something like Broker AllXP but for characters in different guilds? ie to let you see your other guild's progress while you're on a char that's not in that guild? I would think you would still need to log in because progress will have been made while you've been off that char.... But I'm probably misunderstanding your request....

or are you looking for a guildmaster-management tool, to track which chars in the guild are contributing how much xp per day?
01-04-11, 07:03 PM   #3
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Request for Guild Experience Tracking

What I am looking is a addon that tracks as a running total of how much guild experience one character is making each time that character is logged in. This is very much like an addon that tracks how much reputation is gained per faction. This would help which quests and dailies contribute the most toward guild experience. A LDB support would be ideal in my case. Thanks for the suggestions.
01-05-11, 01:37 AM   #4
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
I also wanted this and then I realized that it is literally tracked the same as every other reputation. So anything tracking rep can be switched over to Guild. Also any rep tracker that makes notes per session (currently I've been using XanRep) will work fine. I have been waiting for RepMonitor which I haven't tested but I perfer its multiple rep tracking system. I just haven't had any time to play or load that specific addon to see if there are any bugs.
01-05-11, 08:32 AM   #5
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've found that SexyReputation works for this.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
01-07-11, 07:11 PM   #6
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Guild experience tracking per character

Thank you for the suggestions posted in this thread but none of them are what I am looking for. Its seems there is some confusion on what I am looking for also. I am looking for a tracker utility that tracks what a character obtains through questing that is counted as GUILD EXPERIENCE and NOT leveling experience nor reputation.

I posted at the addon http://www.wowinterface.com/download...53-XanExp.html a request to track character guild experience but the author hasn't replied. This addon is almost what I need. It just lacks the character guild experience tracking and LDB support.
01-07-11, 07:50 PM   #7
kraftman
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
arent reputation and experience linked?
01-07-11, 08:35 PM   #8
Tadedra
A Cliff Giant
They are linked.

The amount of rep you earn per week (which has a cap) is in correlation to the amount of daily experience your toon can contribute to the guild per day. Its stupid confusion because finding the Blizz Blue that spells it out is next to impossible.

Your guild can earn 16,580,000. Your toonA signs in and earns 1000 during that session out of the 16,580,000 -which is your rep for that session. ToonB signs in and earns another 2000, during the next session. Still coming out of the Daily cap. Once the Daily Cap for the guild is reach no more Guild Exp can be earned meaning you are no longer getting any guild rep. Also once you reach the Weekly cap for that Toon, no matter what the Guild's daily cap is at, you will no longer earn any rep/exp for the guild.

Guild Experience earned by your toon=Toon Guild Rep

Last edited by Tadedra : 01-07-11 at 08:37 PM.
01-08-11, 03:50 AM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Once you have reached your weekly reputation cap, you CAN and WILL still earn guild experience for your guild assuming you haven't yet hit the daily cap for guild experience.

While I was leveling my mage, I hit the weekly cap on rep after the first two days, but I still contributed to guild experience. I know this partly because I managed to lower the amount needed to the next level while I was still the first and only one to log in that day, and because I not once, but twice made the guild level up while handing in a quest - all while I was reputation capped.

Likewise, from personal experience, once your guild is experience capped for the day, you can still earn guild reputation even though you can't contribute to the guild experience.

TL;DR:
You can gain guild experience when reputation is capped.
You can gain guild reputation when experience is capped.
Reputation DOES NOT EQUAL experience.

Last edited by Jigain : 01-08-11 at 03:53 AM.
01-08-11, 09:28 AM   #10
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Tracking character guild experience

It is correct that a character's guild reputation and a character's guild experience are NOT linked. When questing you earn BOTH but in different amounts. As a example doing the daily fishing quests in Stormwind earns you not only Stormwind faction reputation and 1 point of fishing skill but also guild reputation and ALSO guild experience which is just over 17,000 guild experience. You can see how much guild experience your character makes per quests and such by turning it on as a option under the chat window channel options listed under Other.

I already have a rep tracker. I like someone to come up with a tracker for guild experience. Someone who can come up with a running total of all that guild experience that ONE character is making for the guild per session/per day/per week.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request for Guild Experience Tracking