05-10-11, 05:38 AM   #1
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
LF Calendar Raid-event invite management addon

Edit: NEVERMIND. I have been educated. Yay for the copy-paste events function \o/. I have no idea how I never thought to see if that existed before. Thanks!

----------------------------------
Good morning. I run a weekly raid that I use the in-game calendar to organize. The invite list currently runs over 30 names and I somewhat expect to add another 10 in the upcoming few weeks. It is a real pain in the hands setting this up every week. I have to go back to the previous week's event, repeat about 3 names under my breath, go to the new week's event, type them in, and go back and forth this way. And Heaven forbid a patch come and wipe my previous raid's lists. ( qq )

I'm hoping that it's possible that either something like this exists already or that it's not difficult to make... Is it possible for an addon to 'scrape' the invite list of a previous event and perhaps allow me to save that list (ie 'Sarth_default'), perhaps also allow me to delete or add a few names, then paste that list into a new event that I have just created?

I would think I wouldn't run this addon 24/7, I would just turn it on when I need to paste the list into a new event.

Alternately, I guess I could just fire up Notepad and make a manual list. But, you know, that's boring and addons are fun : p. (Says the girl who can't learn lua to save her life / code this stuff herself.)

So... anyone know if this exists, or can be done and want to take a crack? Or... tell me to just use Notepad? (Or know of a site/resource that can actually teach an unteachable? : o)

Last edited by SannaSK : 05-10-11 at 12:00 PM. Reason: I have been educated \o/
05-10-11, 06:31 AM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is a "copy event" and "paste event" on the dropdown in the default client if I'm not mistaken.

Then you'd only have to fill in new names?

Or am I misunderstanding the request.
05-10-11, 08:34 AM   #3
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
: oooooooooooooo

are you serious.

three years of wow and four months of calendar typing and I've never known this existed : oooo.

hurry up and come back up, servers, I need to check this.
05-10-11, 08:46 AM   #4
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SannaSK View Post
hurry up and come back up, servers, I need to check this.
05-10-11, 12:02 PM   #5
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Gasp. It's totally there. You guys are awesome. Thanks so much, and sorry for cluttering the forum with my totally useless request.
05-10-11, 03:52 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thanks for leaving your original post up! This will help anyone else looking for the same answer. I don't think I ever realized you could do this, either. (Though I don't schedule the raids.)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » LF Calendar Raid-event invite management addon