04-09-14, 05:41 PM   #1
Tactica
Not Amused

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Basic tooltip code

Greetings,

So I have been looking at a couple tooltip addons like RaresTip and ABiggerBag in hopes of making a simple tooltip addon for the Glorious! achievement. ABiggerBag is nice but I can't narrow down what would need to be changed to track npc kills in lieu of item loots.

Is it even possible for such an addon to display criteria of more than one achievement? For example say the tooltip addon would tell you if you needed to kill a rare for Glorious! and also told you what that rare dropped vanity wise. Also should you scan over a critter it would tell you if it needed /love or killing

Just tinkering around trying to expand my horizon.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Tactica : 04-09-14 at 06:03 PM.
04-09-14, 06:40 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

There's no limitation (other than screen space) to how much information you can add to a tooltip. If the information is available to addons, you can add it to a tooltip.

That said, there are already addons that do all of the things you mentioned.

Glorious Drops shows vanity items that drop from rares.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...iousDrops.html

Overachiever shows critters to love/kill, books to read, nodes to fish, food/drink to consume, rares to kill, and the seasonal "use this item on these races/classes" achievements.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rachiever.html

1337 Achievement Helper shows tabards to equip, and food/drink to consume.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...entHelper.html

Glorious! shows rares to kill, and info for a couple other Pandaria achievements:
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/glorious/
04-09-14, 07:12 PM   #3
Tactica
Not Amused

Thanks, I do use Overachiever however I was unaware of the others.
04-28-14, 03:54 PM   #4
SannaSK
An Aku'mai Servant
Glorious Drops - awesome, I was hoping an addon like this existed. Installed and recommended to guild : D.

A mere 5 minutes of testing seems to tell me that 1337 Achievement Helper has the same problem Overachiever does, in that it doesn't split out 'this character doesn't have it even though another character has completed it'. By 'mere 5 minutes', I mean that I logged into an alt and moused over some food that the character has not consumed for Pandaren Delicacies, and there was nothing in the tooltip to tell me the alt needed to eat the food. 'Glorious!' addon appears to do the same; I moused over a Glorious-rare and there was nothing in the tooltip that said I needed to kill it, even when I was on a character that had not yet done so.

OP - may I ask, have you completed Glorious on one character and are trying to get it done on others? Hence the 'using Overachiever but looking for a missing-red-line fix'? Or is OA not even adding this information at all anymore?
04-28-14, 08:32 PM   #5
Tactica
Not Amused

Originally Posted by SannaSK View Post
Glorious Drops - awesome, I was hoping an addon like this existed. Installed and recommended to guild : D.
Indeed! I added the vanity items to it...called it Epic Lewtz!

A mere 5 minutes of testing seems to tell me that 1337 Achievement Helper has the same problem Overachiever does, in that it doesn't split out 'this character doesn't have it even though another character has completed it'.
You sure about that?

OP - may I ask, have you completed Glorious on one character and are trying to get it done on others? Hence the 'using Overachiever but looking for a missing-red-line fix'? Or is OA not even adding this information at all anymore?
Yup, completed it on my main. Since I roll healers for alts (which is a royal pain to repeat as heal gear/spec) I don't track that achievement...can't help you there.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Basic tooltip code